Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, me. And the DM readership, and apparently also others in this forum.

It's all in the way she's presented, as needing a break on the Riviera when she was there just last month. The article also shows her on a yacht with her friends, which gives an impression of luxury and wealth.
I could also find dozens of pictures of Beatrice at clubs and society events.

But I'm willing to bet you can't come up with a single photo of Beatrice at work.
Or even the name of the finance company where she works?

I could also find a dozen pictures of Prince William and Henry on holiday, on yachts, falling out of clubs in the early hours, going out for dinner with friends - exactly what's the problem with any of those things?

Like I pointed out Beatrice has been on 3 holidays since starting her full time job. 2 more than likely (if you have an objective mind) were over long weekends. I've had more holiday time than this girl.

It's all in the way it's presented, is it? Well that's got everything to do with the Daily Mail, which you seem to believe wholeheartedly word for word, than what Beatrice is actually doing. She's on holiday in summer time, SHOCKER!

No I can't come up with a picture of Beatrice sat at a desk crunching numbers, or the name of the company she works for and why should I? Why should we know that?

INo I can't come up with a picture of Beatrice sat at a desk crunching numbers, or the name of the company she works for and why should I? Why should we know that?

Because sadly unlike you and I and many others here if we don't have that information and the 'proof' then it is better to believe that she isn't working rather than believe that the reports that she is working is actually true.

Sadly there are people who prefer to believe ALL the negative stories and none of the positive stories about the royals.

Because sadly unlike you and I and many others here if we don't have that information and the 'proof' then it is better to believe that she isn't working rather than believe that the reports that she is working is actually true.

Sadly there are people who prefer to believe ALL the negative stories and none of the positive stories about the royals.

I think that should read .... "there are sad people who prefer to believe etc."

She is really connecting to the 'of York' part of her name at the moment which is lovely.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday to HRH Princess Beatrice of York.

The press was saying that Dave Clark would announce their engagement at the party, but I guess he didn't?

The press was saying that Dave Clark would announce their engagement at the party, but I guess he didn't?

The party may be tonight as her birthday was on a Thursday.

Now 25 will Princess Beatrice be able to fulfil a royal role | Royal | News | Daily Express

I knew she couldn't hold a regular job and run about everywhere the way she does, but when I expressed doubt about the job, I was called sad and misguided.

I hate to say I told you so, but...
Oh, who am I kidding? I love to say I told you so! :flowers:

Now 25 will Princess Beatrice be able to fulfil a royal role | Royal | News | Daily Express

I knew she couldn't hold a regular job and run about everywhere the way she does, but when I expressed doubt about the job, I was called sad and misguided.

Maybe Beatrice doesn't really want a career; some girls would rather pursue charitable causes than a high-flying career, if they had a chance. As a royal, Beatrice doesn't need to support herself, and could throw herself into charity if she wanted; and it does seem like she has been taking on more patronages recently (like the Royal York Theatre).

The press won't go easy on Beatrice unless she really does become a full-time royal with the work ethic of Princess Anne, though...unless she gets married and devotes her time to family. With the news that she has apparently quit her job, I wonder if she and Dave are getting engaged soon?

Sorry to burst your excitement bubble but it says she's given up her job to focus on her existing and new patronages. She's swapped one job, for several. I don't quite no what you mean by "run about" because it's been explained numerous times that her holidays, evenings out and royal events came out of allotted holiday and lunch hours.

With the news that she has apparently quit her job, I wonder if she and Dave are getting engaged soon?

How'd you figure? Is it Dave forcing her to give her job so she can be a stay at home mum? :lol:

Thanks for the article. I wonder when she quite her job?

It seems she wants to take on more royal duties, so I wonder if she'll now become a full-time royal?

Other examples have shown keeping a regular job, excluding the military, and being intimately involved in the senior RF just don't mix-conflicts of interest, functions to attend, media involvement, etc.

Other examples have shown keeping a regular job, excluding the military, and being intimately involved in the senior RF just don't mix-conflicts of interest, functions to attend, media involvement, etc.

In fairness i think Beatrice and Eugenie have been left alone to get on with their jobs by the media. I understood the fact that the media made it impossible for Kate to work a normal job (they stalked her to and from work everyday and then made a fuss about her being 'waity katy' and not having a job). However the York girls have been left alone so I can't see any of those reasons being why Beatrice left her job. However before we all jump to conclusions its worth considering she may have only been on a short term contract which has now run its course or she may have found another job.

IMO I hope she isn't leaving to do royal duties simply because I think while yes there is perhaps a need for more full time royals now in several years time (when Will, Kate, Harry work full time) she will become less and less needed and eventually become regarded (by the media) as 'unnecessary' and a drain on the public purse. I think for Beatrice herself it would be better for her to make a future life for herself now, earn her self a career she can go to. Of course she doesn't need to, I'm sure she could afford not to have a job but for own interest i think it would be better.

If she is going to work as a full time royal I hope she cuts down on her holidays (or at least takes less luxurious ones) so she doesn't get criticised and to prove the media wrong throws herself into her work with the same attitude as the harder working royals such as Princess Anne to name but one.

Last edited:
In fairness i think Beatrice and Eugenie have been left alone to get on with their jobs by the media. I understood the fact that the media made it impossible for Kate to work a normal job (they stalked her to and from work everyday and then made a fuss about her being 'waity katy' and not having a job). However the York girls have been left alone so I can't see any of those reasons being why Beatrice left her job. However before we all jump to conclusions its worth considering she may have only been on a short term contract which has now run its course or she may have found another job.

IMO I hope she isn't leaving to do royal duties simply because I think while yes there is perhaps a need for more full time royals now in several years time (when Will, Kate, Harry work full time) she will become less and less needed and eventually become regarded (by the media) as 'unnecessary' and a drain on the public purse. I think for Beatrice herself it would be better for her to make a future life for herself now, earn her self a career she can go to. Of course she doesn't need to, I'm sure she could afford not to have a job but for own interest i think it would be better.

If she is going to work as a full time royal I hope she cuts down on her holidays (or at least takes less luxurious ones) so she doesn't get criticised and to prove the media wrong throws herself into her work with the same attitude as the harder working royals such as Princess Anne to name but one.

The working royal family only work for approx 8 months of the year, and not 5 days a week. They all take holidays. Anne has bought herself a £500,000 boat and sails around the coast of Scotland. Far too wet and chilly for the paps and the DM. It's a matter of taste isn't it?

Its a "crime" to go somewhere hot (William, Catherine, DoY, Beatrtice, Eugenie) but ok to spend a lot of money somewhere damp and chilly.

It's a weird attitude cos they are all on holiday having a good time.

^^^^
No one, including the DM and its readers, envies anyone spending their time in the cold and wind and rain of Scotland. Even the DM cannot manufacture a story that makes Balmoral seem glamorous. Ibiza, or the Riviera now theres a location the DM can really whip up a good yarn about.

^^^^
No one, including the DM and its readers, envies anyone spending their time in the cold and wind and rain of Scotland. Even the DM cannot manufacture a story that makes Balmoral seem glamorous. Ibiza, or the Riviera now theres a location the DM can really whip up a good yarn about.

But that's the exact point. If Anne can sail around Scotland on a 500k yacht, why should Beatrice be hounded for going on holiday just because it happens to be somewhere warm?

I'm sure the headline Anne spends 500k on royal yacht to sail around Scotland for 3 months would get noticed.

^^^^
Because people like to imagine themselves on vacation somewhere warm like Ibiza or the Riviera and are envious of those who do holiday there. Few dream of stalking, hiking or fishing along Deeside or of sleeping in a castle with no central heating so you need a hotwater bottle to keep warm at night as their ideal vacation.
A holiday may be a holiday but some holidays are more enviable than others, and the DM is unlikely to point out that the beaches at Ibiza or Marbella or the Riviera or Greece or Cyprus are filled with regular ordinary Brits on holiday in the sunshine. Much better to write up a story suggesting Beatrice is doing something extraordinary (and wrong) by being in a warm place on holiday.

The problem is that the media have spent years hailing Anne as the hardest working royal etc etc so then if they start reporting she's gone on holiday and start critising her for it it would open them up to critisism. The same can not be said for Beatrice and indeed all the grandchildren as they have private work commitments (in the military or 'regular' jobs). This means they aren't seen doing royal work very often so it becomes easier to critise them without the public thinking straight away "well they work hard".
Also I have to agree with NGalitzine, we'd all love to jet off to the South of France to a luxury yacht for a holiday, or an idilic chateau in France or a stunning home in Mustique but would we all want to sail around wet and windy Scotland? No thanks...
Personally I do believe the British public have a (unfair) sense of fairness in these matters, they allow the older royals who've 'earned their stripes' to get away with more than the younger generation.

Sorry to burst your excitement bubble but it says she's given up her job to focus on her existing and new patronages. She's swapped one job, for several. I don't quite no what you mean by "run about" because it's been explained numerous times that her holidays, evenings out and royal events came out of allotted holiday and lunch hours.

How'd you figure? Is it Dave forcing her to give her job so she can be a stay at home mum? :lol:

What did the palace say when William and Kate married? I thought there was some announcement that Kate would gradually take on royal patronages and meanwhile focus on her role as William's wife. She definitely wasn't going to be working full-time. I was thinking that if Beatrice were getting married, the palace could say something similar...that she would gradually take on royal patronages and support her husband in some of the causes he takes on for Richard Branson's company. (I think there have been some fundraisers involving Dave Clark and the Bransons.)

I was trying to think of explanations for why Beatrice might have left her job without having another one. Maybe she does have another job and we don't know about it. But she isn't a full-time royal; I think there was even an announcement to that effect recently. I think she would have to be a VERY visible full-time royal if she wanted to quit her job and avoid criticism from the press. Well, and maybe even that wouldn't work...

Last edited:
Few dream of stalking, hiking or fishing along Deeside or of sleeping in a castle with no central heating so you need a hotwater bottle to keep warm at night as their ideal vacation.

Balmoral has electricity so surely an electric blanket might be the way to go rather than a hottie.

Re holidaying in Scotland, i went there for a week last May; it was beautiful weather and Iona was just stunning; rather go there than Ibiza any day. (PS; i went on a 16person bus tour and of the 16 people when offered a choice between Balmoral (which wasn't supposed to be on the trip) and whisky tasting (which was) all 16 wanted to go to Balmoral. So we did. And it was wonderful.

Re Princess Beatrice; i hope these rumours about her and Dave getting engaged will one day prove true, and i'm glad Sarah gets to go to Balmoral every now and then.

No one in this family works full time, if at all. They never packed a suitcase, know what it is like to have to make arrangements, to take care of children, parents, they do not shop, cook or sew. Anne does give a lot to her chore, but most of them glide by with what looks like a contribution of time, but what else can they do. Very little.

When it was reported that she had the job w/ the venture capital firm it was said that she had to pass a finance test to keep that job. When we didn't read anything about her passing that exam I suspected she had not and thus that job didn't work out. But this is one article and who knows whether she is or is not working for pay. Tomorrow we may see an article that she's been working for several months and passed the exam.
The difference between Anne and Beatrice is that Anne is the daughter of the Queen whereas Beatrice is destined to be the niece of and then the cousin of Kings. Plus Anne has never acted like she cared one way or another for public recognition, Anne has probably saved enough in recycled fashion to pay for her sailboat (just kidding) the perception of Anne is that she is not extravagant-although w/ her passion for horses I'm sure she spends a good chunk of change. Anne distinguished herself as a hardworking horsewoman so people don't perceive her to be a parasite. Finally Anne has a body of work both royal commitments and her riding whereas Beatrice is young and has yet to demonstrate a willingness to work hard - I suspect she is still searching for her niche and it can't be easy w/ the scrutiny she gets. I do think if it emerges that she has been unemployed for awhile that will not go well - it will seem as if facts were being hidden, even tho' it's really nobody's business.

Look, Anne, has done her share of what would be expected. More so. I, think she cares. Maybe it is a façade. But it looks like she cares. I, believe, her horses, are her business. She pay for them, it is her choice. The York girls look rudderless. Ugly, expensive clothes and no particular vocation. Not that that will ever matter for them.

No one in this family works full time, if at all. They never packed a suitcase, know what it is like to have to make arrangements, to take care of children, parents, they do not shop, cook or sew. Anne does give a lot to her chore, but most of them glide by with what looks like a contribution of time, but what else can they do. Very little.

I must have missed the part where the military work part time "if at all".

William and Harry currently have jobs that are no different to the jobs performed by other servicemen and women from the UK. I'm also fairly sure that Harry didn't have a valet in Afghanistan with him to pack his suitcase when he deployed home.

As has been clearly demonstrated by the number of sightings of her (and criticisms of her), Catherine is a very keen shopper. Camilla may not cook now (she may) but she has in the past according to her son.

As Camilla, Catherine and Sophie grew up without staff, I'd bet every one of them has cooked a meal, shopped and at least sewed on a button at some stage in the their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom