Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is planning a private life, we should not be getting pictures of her unless she attends some royal event or does something notable in her work. A.K.A Zara. She probably wants an off the radar life.

Unfortunately unless we are told that she is doing something workwise she will also get these sorts of headlines. The Palace needs to put out something like - Princess Beatrice has started work but due to the desire of her employer and the princess to not trade on the royal connection the nature of the work and the name of the employer will not be revealed at this stage.

It won't stop some people believing that she isn't working but it could lead to some let-up on behalf of the more fair-minded people.

I wonder about people being fair minded. What I see and read doesn't lead me to think a lot of them are fair minded. I find many to be egotistical and better than thou types.

Even if the palace release some kind of statement, the press aren't going to leave her alone. The York sisters are the only royals the press can really "dig" in to. Look at Pippa Middleton, she's not a royal, no reason at all for the press to follow her because she does lead a normal life. Yet we get pictures almost on a daily basis of her just going to work and back from work.

If it will make some kind of the story, the press will be on it.

York girls are easy target mostly because their parents story and acts. Press will continue to write about them just because it's easy to sell. I hope Bea will find job and will be happy.

Following in Prince Harry's footsteps, Princess Beatrice totters to one of her cousin's favourite party spots... wearing six-inch heels
Princess Beatrice may well have been taking recommendations from Prince Harry when she headed to one of his favourite bars for a night out. But while Harry hit the dance floor on his recent trip, Beatrice, 23, was probably hoping for a less vigorous night, tottering out in six-inch heels to Bunga Bunga Italian bar in Battersea, south west London. She was spotted wearing a black dress and high-heels, accompanied by a more casually dressed friend in grey jacket, jeans and trainers.

To be honest, I don't believe Beatrice is working; if she was, you can bet the paps would have pictures, no matter what the palace or the employer said!

I think she is still hopeful that she will join the Firm; really, I think she should be given a chance.
The only reason she isn't is because of Fergie, and it's unfair.

If Beatrice was working there would be pictures of her coming or going to somewhere other then a club or party. I think it's pretty clear the RF don't want her joining as a full time working Royal and by just partying and not even doing any of her own charity work she really is just proving to them why she shouldn't be a member. I'm not sure it's just Fergie holding her back there are a lot of things in play the fact they have said they are taking away the taxpayer funded protection is more off an indication she won't be having any real role in the family business. Bea needs to get some sort of job or working in a charity something other then going out to dinner or parties if she want's to be taken seriously.

The palace has said that she is doing internships not a paid job but unpaid work for employers who use this means to try-out employees and also get the work done for nothing, particularly during a downturn.

Bearing in mind the current unemployment rate for young Brits in Beatrice's age range is currently 22.5% and the unemployment rate for the nation is 8.3% according to the BBC BBC News - UK unemployment falls by 35,000 to 2.65m, ONS reports This means that for Beatrice to take any job will see her criticised for taking the job of someone who needs it.

The paps probably don't think she is interesting enough - they won't get paid for those photos and they won't sell so they don't want to take photos of Beatrice doing good things - only things that make her look bad - because that is what sells.

Beatrice doesn't have enough fans to insist on hearing good things about her so she doesn't get the press following her around when she does good stuff (unless they can't avoid it e.g. the London Marathon when she ran that for charity), which is a good thing, because then her fans won't pay lots of money for her photos so the paps won't follow her.

The press only report what sell with celebrities and that is all the royals are - hereditary celebrities - so if a royal doesn't have a lot of fans they don't sell so the press don't buy the photos so the paps don't follow them.

Wonder where Dave Clark is and who the guy with her is.
Not a very flattering skirt length for her figure, IMO.

I don't think she ever looks good when she goes out at night. She has no taste for night time wear and rarely during the day although she is improving in that area - still more misses than hits but the hits are catching up to the misses. At night she just looks like the sort of lady nice boys wouldn't want to be associated with.

I don't think she looks any different from other young 20-something's having a night out. Judging by some of the comments some of you were never young and never experimented with different types of clothes and styles. Lighten up. She is not a working royal, this is her time.

To be honest, I don't believe Beatrice is working; if she was, you can bet the paps would have pictures, no matter what the palace or the employer said!

Sure she's not, the unemployment rates run high after all. :lol:
Her fan from Dalmatia (a poster under the main article) cracked me up for good, I admit it. :D:p

The palace has said that she is doing internships not a paid job but unpaid work for employers who use this means to try-out employees and also get the work done for nothing, particularly during a downturn.

The paps probably don't think she is interesting enough - they won't get paid for those photos and they won't sell so they don't want to take photos of Beatrice doing good things - only things that make her look bad - because that is what sells.

Beatrice doesn't have enough fans to insist on hearing good things about her so she doesn't get the press following her around when she does good stuff (unless they can't avoid it e.g. the London Marathon when she ran that for charity), which is a good thing, because then her fans won't pay lots of money for her photos so the paps won't follow her.

The press only report what sell with celebrities and that is all the royals are - hereditary celebrities - so if a royal doesn't have a lot of fans they don't sell so the press don't buy the photos so the paps don't follow them.

Even if Beatrice just had an internship, there'd be photos, imo.
I don't think the number of fans has anything to do with it; if she's out in the public eye, there'll be pictures.
And there are no pictures of her at any place of work, whether she is paid or not.

Wonder where Dave Clark is and who the guy with her is.
Not a very flattering skirt length for her figure, IMO.

The guy is Francesco Ciardi. They've been photographed together several times before so I take it they are just good friends.

Even if Beatrice just had an internship, there'd be photos, imo.
I don't think the number of fans has anything to do with it; if she's out in the public eye, there'll be pictures.
And there are no pictures of her at any place of work, whether she is paid or not.

So BP spokesmen are lying when they have been telling us that she has been doing internships.

Let's face it - the press aren't interested in her - never have been really, unless she is coming out of pubs etc. There weren't pictures of her starting school or uni or things like that so it is perfectly possible that she is going to work and no one cares enough to write a report on it.

"Princess Beatrice is in the middle of several periods of work experience with the aim of securing employment in a field close to her heart," a Buckingham Palace spokesman said in a statement.
"These are her choices and she is fully supported by her parents. Like many thousands of her university contemporaries, she is fully committed to finding employment."
Buckingham Palace did not disclose where Beatrice was working,

Princess Beatrice plans to become a career woman | Mail Online

This was reported last month.

I see no reason to call BP a liar just because we don't have pictures of her going to work. She simply isn't that important or interesting.

So BP spokesmen are lying when they have been telling us that she has been doing internships.

I see no reason to call BP a liar just because we don't have pictures of her going to work. She simply isn't that important or interesting.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
I think if she was doing internships, we'd know about it.

(As for BP lying, well, not like that hasn't happened before). :whistling:

Let's face it - the press aren't interested in her - never have been really, unless she is coming out of pubs etc. There weren't pictures of her starting school or uni or things like that so it is perfectly possible that she is going to work and no one cares enough to write a report

There WERE pictures of her starting school, uni and leaving uni and there were pics of Eugenie going to her summer job, so I think if she did work there were pictures. Espcially since working would look better than not announcing anything...

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't bother taking pictures of Bea going to work they take pictures of everything else and it would be worth something. BP said she did a few short internships but would be starting something major soon. That was several weeks ago now and so far we are still seeing her out at parties till 2am something someone with a job wouldn't be doing. If she was working we would know it. Peter Phillips is talked about when he get's jobs and when he loses them. So I don't see Bea being any different. It could also be that Beatrice is going for something she hasn't got any skill or qualifications in. If the rumour that she wants to work in fashion and I can see why it is taking her a long time to get a job in that inydustry. She didn't do anything about fashion in uni and really her reputation in her dress sense proceeds her. It's only been in the last year or so she has gotten better and that has been with the help of a stylist. Not exactly an easy industry to get into at the best of times! Why not do some charity work while she has nothing else to do that would at least give her some positive publicity?

Cue the carping about rich princess depriving normal, hard-pressed British students of a job. Oh, and the inference that she's only been taken on because she's a royal. Or used her contacts to get the position.

But, if she wasn't trying to get a job there's be the usual carping about living at taxpayers' expense.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Last edited:
This is a good choice for Beatrice. It's serious work and behind-the-scenes. If the story is true, I'm 100% behind her in this venture. :flowers:

It's not a job it's work experience I'm glad she is doing something. I guess she decided the fashion industry wasn't for her. Maybe this will lead to a job for her!

Yes, that's what I'm hoping--that this will work into a job for her. :flowers:

Oooh Princess Beatrice Look Soo Nice & Elegant With Red Dress , I Really Like The Dress Simple Chic and looks so nice on her , and Good Luck to her with new job .

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attended an event at the African concept store Merchants on
Long at The Shop at Bluebird in London on May 2, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I'm not sure how to go about this without being seen like I'm trying to start something nasty but am I the only one who thinks that Beatrice's slow introduction into the post-university world may be down to Dave?

Maybe it's just the angle--but in the picture of Beatrice with Dave and the bearded guy, Beatrice looks closer to the latter. Dave certainly doesn't seem to be at all shy about being photographed with Beatrice.:ermm:

I'm not sure how to go about this without being seen like I'm trying to start something nasty but am I the only one who thinks that Beatrice's slow introduction into the post-university world may be down to Dave?

I did wonder the same thing Beatrice seems happy following his about going to his work events etc. Dave seems more then happy with the attention they get and I'm sure his boss loves it too cause usually where he works is mentioned too. I don't think Bea looks that good here she needs to give the all black look a break and that jacket doesn't go with that bag at all. Her office look maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom