Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to give something to an honorable charity is not a "publicity stunt," it's philanthropy and royals do it all the time.

Not when you're using someone elses wedding to advertise it. Who goes out of their way to gain attention for something on what is supposed to be another person's greatest day? Mind you I don't believe she did that, just saying I think it's wrong if she did.

Given the number of fashion disasters I would say - Princess Beatrice the laughing stock of the world.

Sure some people may now know that she is auctioning that hat but the majority of the world still see her as a figure to be laughed at for wearing it at all.
I would think that what she did about the situation, the auctioning of the hat, would go a long way to defuse the world's opinion of her.
At least I would hope.

Bea is certainly The laughing stock, and has been for many years, sad to say. Unfortunately, her sister, Eugenie, is seemingly beginning to take after her. :(

I'm not sure it's fair to say she has been a laughing stock for years. People have criticized her, certainly, but that does not make you a laughing stock. Something like this makes you a laughing stock, not the DM critiquing your figure.

Alas, I think the sad part of this debacle is that a vast majority of people outside of Britain probably had no idea who Princess Beatrice was. Now this is their first and lasting impression of her.

I don't think Pss B has been a laughing stock. The trashy press made fun of a young woman 'cuz she didn't fit the rail-thin anorexic look that for some reason is highly promoted in the media. Nevermind that even photos of actresses and models are photoshopped to perfection and that the goals of the fashion industry are unattainable for the majority of women in the world, and unhealthy to boot. Personally, I find both York girls far more attracive than say Pippa who with her sun damaged skin looks much older than her years. To me, the Yorks with the large eyes, fabulous complexions and nice curves are quite lovely (tho Pss B has lost a considerable amount of weight so she now has less curves, but is still extremely pretty imo).
As for that hat, there's no excuse. But at least she seems to be handling all the crazy publicity well and is doing something positive with it.

I agree, Bella. I think that the York princesses are "real women" in that they don't fit that bleached-blond, khol-eyed, super-thin look that's so popular today. They might be very high-born, but they look normal. They have a particularly British prettiness, I think.:flowers:

I don't think Pss B has been a laughing stock. The trashy press made fun of a young woman 'cuz she didn't fit the rail-thin anorexic look that for some reason is highly promoted in the media. ...To me, the Yorks with the large eyes, fabulous complexions and nice curves are quite lovely

I am sorry that my comment was taken so wrong. I Never mentioned weight, but rather her Style of dressing. It has always left much to be desired, imho. The pic of her in the red dress was lovely and I said so.

I am sorry that my comment was taken so wrong. I Never mentioned weight, but rather her Style of dressing. It has always left much to be desired, imho. The pic of her in the red dress was lovely and I said so.
Oh indeed! And when she was over weight and dressed appropriately and tastefully, I remember you mentioned that as well.
Wish she could clone the red dress look. That really suited her well.

udyusa, I was more thinking of all the comments made in the media about her weight, etc. I know you didn't mention that. She has def. made some serious fashion faux paus, but I think the media has made habit of pointing out the York girls physical imperfections (which we all have). I agree, tho, the red dress was stunning.

I think Beatrice and her sister have bealthy beautiful figures which goes unnoticed when their outfits are gone awry.

Oh, I didn't take your post as negative or critical! I was just offering another view of how she is seen, and I think we are basically in agreement. :flowers:

I am soo glad that you didn't take my post as negative , HGHD! I think we just expressed our opinions. Goody! Can we agree to disagree?.. :)

I agree, Bella. I think that the York princesses are "real women" in that they don't fit that bleached-blond, khol-eyed, super-thin look that's so popular today. They might be very high-born, but they look normal. They have a particularly British prettiness, I think.:flowers:

I like Princess Beatrice's look too. Her eyes do stick out and she has a prominent jaw, but for some reason I still find her quite attractive. I think she and her sister have that "English rose" pink and white complexion that Diana seemed to have at the peak of her beauty, and I think the Queen had it when she was young as well.

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark at the St. Regis International Cup, in time with Jaeger-LeCoulture
at Cowdray Park Polo Club, West Sussex, May 21, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Love the outfit, she looks wonderful!

Forgive me if I've missed this already being posted but I just read that Beatrice's infamous hat sold for more than 80000 pounds.

The princess gets a lot of criticism for her dress sense but she seems like a good hearted person and her comments surrounding 'Hat-gate' to me indicate someone who doesn't take herself overly seriously.

Beatrice looks great in the new pics. And I'm thrilled that the hat she wore to the wedding had fetched such a very good price. Those two children's charities have vastly benefited from Beatrice's philanthropic decision to auction off the hat. I think Beatrice has shown a lot of grace and heart in this situation.

Her outfit is nice but why does she look so... starved? Is she still training for marathon?

Her outfit is nice but why does she look so... starved? Is she still training for marathon?

She is still watching her weight and unfortunately due to the criticism that people have made about her over the years I woudn't be surprised if she is suffering from an eating disorder.

As far as I know she isn't still training for the marathon but then again she might be.

She does enjoy running for fitness of course.

I don't think she looks starved. She looks as though someone may have had a fashion talk with her. Dave is a handsome man and I do wish the photogs would refrain from photos that make them both look like they have bobble heads. I don't know whether he leans into the photo or what, but in most he looks a bit strange.

She looks much better. I approve. :)

I argue that she's lost too much weight. I look at her face and think it'd do her well to gain about 5-10 pounds. B&E have bodies that work well with some weight on them but the rather nasty way people go on about them and their mother can have an effect. Remember the covers that they did for magazines? Those things were Photoshopped badly, that's got to weigh on their minds when the look back on them.

Too heavy...too thin....all of this being debated on boards and newspaper sites about someone most of us have never met.......and we wonder why girls develop eating disorders? Wasn't it too long ago that she was criticized for being too heavy?

Beatrice looks fine. I hope she doesn't pay attention to anyone other than herself and her doctors in regards to her weight.

Zonk said:
Too heavy...too thin....all of this being debated on boards and newspaper sites about someone most of us have never met.......and we wonder why girls develop eating disorders? Wasn't it too long ago that she was criticized for being too heavy?

Beatrice looks fine. I hope she doesn't pay attention to anyone other than herself and her doctors in regards to her weight.

I have always been one of those people who thought Beatrice and her sister had healthy figures but was glad Beatrice was taking care of her fitness by working out. People who attack someone for not looking like a bobblehead stick are the worst when that is not their natural shape disgust me.

All I am saying is that the first time I saw her in like two years (as I don't really keep tabs on the Yorks) was at the wedding and I thought aside from the blasted hat she looked great. She was slimmer but healthy and to see a picture of her like this only a little less than a month after she looks even smaller and not in a healthy way. I just want her to be okay and whomever is giving her a "fashion talks" I hope they are talking to her about her style and not trying to be Gisele.

Last edited:
I admit I think Princess Beatrice looks much better slimmer. But I hope she doesn't take it to extremes. Couldn't some of the weight loss be due to just getting older and losing some "baby fat", though? Some people do seem to be chubby teenagers and then become slim when they're adults. Princess Anne was chubbier in her teenage years and has always been slim since.

(Although no one else in that family - Sarah, Andrew, or Eugenie - seems to be naturally slim, so Beatrice must be doing something to keep off the weight. Hopefully she is doing it in a healthy way.)

I posted pictures of Beatrice and Andrew in Prince Andrew's thread, but this is a gallery of all the pictures of Beatrice at the Chelsea Flower Show. I think Princess Beatrice looks lovely, personally. Maybe not conventionally pretty, but really cute - her big eyes are so expressive and you can tell she's having a great time with the flowers.

Princess Beatrice Pictures - Chelsea Flower Show - London, England - Zimbio

I'm not sure if hell is freezing over at the moment, but the Daily Mail
have written something nice and positive about a member of the
York Family. :)
This doesn't happen very often so we better make the most of it.
(Well they do have a little snipe at Fergie but old habits die hard).;)

Royal Reinvention No.1: Loved-up, slimmed down and happier than ever. The sudden blooming of Bea | Mail Online

The DM have been a bit positive about Bea since she decided to auction her hat in my opinion.

This article also makes it clear that Bea won't be a working royal but will be looking for a job related to fashion or art.

She may be fifth in line to the throne, but Beatrice will not become a full-time Royal. Instead she intends to get a job once she has graduated, preferably relevant to her love of art and fashion.

This is what I have been expecting for years - a reduction of the number of working royals by having fewer in the younger generation (only William and Harry will have that role in time).

The DM have been a bit positive about Bea since she decided to auction her hat in my opinion.

This article also makes it clear that Bea won't be a working royal but will be looking for a job related to fashion or art.

LOL! Maybe she can apprentice to Phillip Treacy?
Can you imagine the hats the two of them could unleash on British society? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom