Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She does look nice. I'm surprised.
They make a cute couple.

Isn't it amazing what the right kind of dress/to figure can accomplish? All the difference in the world in these pictures and how she looked at the wedding. Also minus the racoon eyes ..... very flattering. I don't mean to be mean BUT Beatrice should NEVER wear racoon eyes given the kind of mouth she has, they both just accentuate the other.

You'd never believe the stunning young lady in those pictures was the same one from William and Catherine's Wedding.

I'll join the growing chorus in saying *this* is how Beatrice should be looking. The entire look is just fantastic!!

I'll join the chorus and also say that Beatrice looks pretty and well turned out in these pics. She looks lovely!

Finally. A dress that is smart and flattering! THIS is how Bea should be dressing. The color, the fit, the right length. Her hair and makeup look wonderful, as well. I hope she keeps this up.. Two thumbs up! :)
I wasn't going to look at the picture until I saw your comment, Udy. And I heartily agree! Va-VOOM to Princess Bea!

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20488576

Sarah saying Beatrice will auction off the wedding hat for charity. Not sure why but Sarah mentioning her children and Andrew all the time bothers me, like mooching in a way.....( yes I am aware they are her kids but maybe they'd like to make an annoucement themselves or just not have any part of their lives discussed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like someone took the girl shopping.

I hope they get a lot of money in the Auction for UNICEF...be nice not to have to think about seeing it on Bea again!

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20488576

Sarah saying Beatrice will auction off the wedding hat for charity. Not sure why but Sarah mentioning her children and Andrew all the time bothers me, like mooching in a way.....( yes I am aware they are her kids but maybe they'd like to make an annoucement themselves or just not have any part of their lives discussed)

Of all the glorious dresses and jewelry these girls surely own, they auction off that hideous hat? They do realize the hat is a "sensation" because of how ridiculous it looked on her right? Im all for donating to charity, but THIS hat really? I mean really? I can't even....:bang:

Thats exactly why its being auctioned off. Its very much talked about and I think it will get more than 3K, which is what a normal hat goes for.

Last edited:
I think that this is a brilliant move on Beatrice's part. She brings something good out of that horrible hat and the negative publicity about it.:)

Thats exactly why its being auctioned off. Its very much talked about and I think it will get more than 3K, which is what a normal hat goes for.

Count me in on thinking this is a brilliant move by Beatrice. Beatrice has taken this whole thing in her stride in a very graceful manner. She has turned this whole thing into a major positive. And more importantly Beatrice will be helping out 2 worthy charities by auctioning off the now famous hat. This is a proactive and positive move on Beatrice's part. Kudos to her!

Yes its a fabulous idea. Maybe she can do so the same with the Butterfly hat?!

...and if she has a "planets" hat, she could auction that off as well. I have to say that whomever came up with the auction idea is brilliant. It lightens the hideousness and promotes charity. Perhaps next time, she could ask "does this make my head look fat?"

BTW, The Hat deserved it's own Facebook page.

It is generous of Princess Beatrice to auction off her well recognised hat.
THE hat that was seen to witness the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton!
Charities will reap the benefit of her milliner's artistic interpretation of elegance.

I hope Princess Beatrice remembers that her value as a person is in no way equal to the sum of what others think of the way she looks or dresses.
Only pretty shallow people judge a book by it's cover ... didn't we all learn that in Sunday School?

With The Hat, The Princess has won back for English Princesses
the right to lead fashion from the front.

Lady GaGa will never ever do better than The Wedding.
And lewd gangster chicks now know that they dont cut class.

Yes, I totally agree - a wonderful move from Beatrice, and I really do admire the dignity of her response. I felt the initial reaction from some quarters was approaching bullying but she's turned that around.
The hat has its fans and its knockers, It's controversial and I guess that if fashion is to be seen as an artform, then at the cutting edge it needs to be controversial and provoke debate. Well, the hat has certainly done that.
So are we now looking at... Princess Beatrice, fashion icon?

It is generous of Princess Beatrice to auction off her well recognised hat.
THE hat that was seen to witness the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton!
Charities will reap the benefit of her milliner's artistic interpretation of elegance.

I hope Princess Beatrice remembers that her value as a person is in no way equal to the sum of what others think of the way she looks or dresses.
Only pretty shallow people judge a book by it's cover ... didn't we all learn that in Sunday School?

It could also be said that vapid fashion following can lead to problems. I think she's dodged this bullet; but there will be more.

Last edited:
How do we know that she didn't plan this charitable action from the very beginning? (Give me a hat people will talk about, as I plan to help children's charities with it). Very great PR move, on her part.

How do we know that she didn't plan this charitable action from the very beginning? (Give me a hat people will talk about, as I plan to help children's charities with it). Very great PR move, on her part.

I very much doubt she planned a publicity stunt at a wedding, that's beyond disrespectful because, no matter the cause you might be supporting, you're purposely pulling attention from what people should be paying attention to: Pippa Middleton's behind. :ROFLMAO: .

Yes, I totally agree - a wonderful move from Beatrice, and I really do admire the dignity of her response. I felt the initial reaction from some quarters was approaching bullying but she's turned that around.
The hat has its fans and its knockers, It's controversial and I guess that if fashion is to be seen as an artform, then at the cutting edge it needs to be controversial and provoke debate. Well, the hat has certainly done that.
So are we now looking at... Princess Beatrice, fashion icon?

Given the number of fashion disasters I would say - Princess Beatrice the laughing stock of the world.

Sure some people may now know that she is auctioning that hat but the majority of the world still see her as a figure to be laughed at for wearing it at all.

You just nailed it, Bertie! I couldn't have said it better if I tried. Bea is certainly The laughing stock, and has been for many years, sad to say. Unfortunately, her sister, Eugenie, is seemingly beginning to take after her. :(

Planning to give something to an honorable charity is not a "publicity stunt," it's philanthropy and royals do it all the time.

Given the number of fashion disasters I would say - Princess Beatrice the laughing stock of the world.

Sure some people may now know that she is auctioning that hat but the majority of the world still see her as a figure to be laughed at for wearing it at all.

We have to consider also the designer of THE hat. He did a LOT of hats for that wedding and to honest, there's been very few I likes. Some at the wdedding to me looked like they were made to be a satellite disk with hidden cameras for the BBS in the Abboy.

OK.. the outfit on Bea grew on me. It took a while but I actually noticed the dress she wore. It was sleek and well fitted wiich is more than I can say for her sister's. They both cam across at first glance to me as dressed for heading to New Orleans and a Mardi Gras rather that a wedding.

So she goofed. THE hat as a british icon is making a revival. I remember for years haring about HM and her hats. My fair lady and the hats.. I really don't think it was Bea's intention to cause a sensation with that thing but it happened and what she did was turn a negative into a positive. I do have to think that Treacy's prices have probably gone up a bit.

BTW: if you go to ebay.com and in search enter Beatrice hat, you can buy a paper copy for $9.99 USD. AND.. get a poster too!

Last edited:
You have to consider that members of the royal family left from Buckingham Palace to go to Westminster Abbey on the day of the wedding. That means that the Queen probably got a glance at Beatrice's fascinator before she got in the car. I'm fairly certain that the Queen, like any good grandmother, would have made her find something else to wear to the church if she disapproved.

Of course, HM would never admit to approving of Beatrice's fascinator or telling us anything that went on behind the scenes on the morning of the wedding, so we'll never know...

:)) "the fascinator"... is she the new royal lady gaga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom