Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...suggesting that Beatrice not attend the wedding of her cousin based on a rumour from a source that hasn't been identified. I guess Charles should have had the same idea when Camilla wasn't invited to Edward and Sophie's wedding.

So the Beatrice bashing has begun in earnest once again.

So the Beatrice bashing has begun in earnest once again.

Not sure about that.

Mine was meant to be a facetious tongue-in-cheek comment. How would any member of the press know how Beatrice actually felt about Dave not being invited to all the events. In fact, has it even been confirmed that Dave will not be at all the events?

With the receptions going on, the guest lists were probably went over very carefully as to who would be invited to what. I would imagine that none of the boyfriends and girlfriends will be invited to some of the events. For Charles' reception I believe its going to be on a rather small scale with just close family and friends of the couple. As with Beatrice's and Eugenie's boyfriends being excluded, I would also imagine that Harry's Chelsy would be excluded also.

As Zonk has posted, for Edward and Sophie's wedding, Camilla was not invited. They are probably following the same protocol that was used back then. I imagine both Beatrice and Eugenie understand this very well.

Not sure about that.

Mine was meant to be a facetious tongue-in-cheek comment. How would any member of the press know how Beatrice actually felt about Dave not being invited to all the events. In fact, has it even been confirmed that Dave will not be at all the events?

Yes, yours was but as you see some people tend to believe a lot of what is written or said on a board.

It wasn't confirmed, the only thing I read was an article in the Daily Mail (yes, them again) when it made reference to the alternate wedding party that some of William and Kate friends were given. Because of the size of the wedding, they weren't even attending but it was thought they were attending the after parties. So if William and Kate's friends aren't attending, why would Beatrice would be offended that Dave isn't.

My coment wasn't made to hurt or critize Beatrice. I wrote it with sarcarm... I should know that it doesn't translate in writing...
But anyway, of course Beatrice will go. She is still an important part of the family.
I wish she could wear a tiara for the evening event.
Can she do that? She is a princess afterall...

But anyway, of course Beatrice will go. She is still an important part of the family.
I wish she could wear a tiara for the evening event.
Can she do that? She is a princess afterall...

Not sure the evening event is a tiara event at all - I would be surprised if it were, the BRF tend not to don tiaras for private / family events.

In the event that it were a tiara event, the Beatrice and Eugenie could probably wear tiaras.

I would think the girls would follow the norm of being dressed well but understated so as not to draw attention away from the bride. :flowers: Even for royalty a tiara would not be understated.

Of course, this is different for princesses attending weddings in their formal capacity as representing the family or nation. Beatrice and Eugenie would not fall into this category at a family wedding.

Princess Beatrice is a princess and a cousin of prince william except I don't know how close they are though? And why don't Eugenie and Beatrice and Anne use tiaras like other princesses and instead use big funny hats and suits to all events.

British weddings tend to be low key in regards to tiaras. Unlike the weddings of other European royals...the British royals usually wear hats. The only tiara likely to be shown on April 29th is the one worn by Catherine.

Princess Beatrice is a princess and a cousin of prince william except I don't know how close they are though? And why don't Eugenie and Beatrice and Anne use tiaras like other princesses and instead use big funny hats and suits to all events.

I've heard rumours that it was William who set Beatrice up with Dave. Anne wears a tiara for state banquets when she is attended. British weddings as Zonk said are in the afternoon, so hats are the order of the day rather than tiaras. I don't think Beatrice and Eugenie have a tiara, and there has never been an occasion for them to need a tiara.

Not really to the girls. Unlike Andrew, neither Beatrice nor Eugenie would have an idea of who most of the people are beyond how their parents introduce them.

Yes,they do..She has changed a lot during the last couple of years and she looks better than ever.

I was just wondering if Beatrice is running the London Marathon again this year, was there anything reported?

I haven't read anything yet that she would take part in it again, so I don't
think so, Irish Eyes.

Last night the couple went out again, they were pictured leaing the Public
Nightclub in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

I haven't read anything yet that she would take part in it again, so I don't
think so, Irish Eyes.

Last night the couple went out again, they were pictured leaing the Public
Nightclub in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

That's what I was thinking, and thanks as ever Iceflower for posting the lovely pics.

Mr Clark is always more sauve in his casual/smart look than either Princes William or Harry who both can look like some of their homeless cases at times.

The Princess is most fortunate to have a man who knows how to get dressed properly. That suggests that Mr Clark is emotionally mature and with his manly attentiveness of her: he is husband material.

I definitely like Beatrice and Dave as a couple from what I've seen - though we pretty much know nothing about what he's actually like.

I know this was mentioned before (maybe in another thread) but isn't Beatrice supposed to be finished school this year? And we have no word on what she's going to be doing? I personally hope Beatrice is not about to take a "gap year" - I know Harry (and William?) did it, but I have a feeling that would just create another onslaught of the predictable criticism.

I believe she does graduate this year and didn't she already take a gap year before university?

I personally hope Beatrice is not about to take a "gap year" - I know Harry (and William?) did it, but I have a feeling that would just create another onslaught of the predictable criticism.

The "gap year" is between secondary school and university. She will be graduating from college, so the gap year does not apply.

The "gap year" is between secondary school and university. She will be graduating from college, so the gap year does not apply.

A lot of people also take a 'gap' year after leaving university and before starting paid work.

Some take only one and others take two - and rich people are more likely to be the ones who take two - one either side of university.

If she doesn't know what she wants to do or if they aren't sure what she is going to do I can see her having a second 'gap' year but more like what William did after leaving uni when he had experience in some areas rather than a simple travel the world type gap.

She could do the sort of thing William did in South American for instance.

If she did take a second gap year I would hope that she would use it for positive benefits for herself and others rather than just swanning around the world. If she did that e.g. got experience with her Aunt Anne in working for Save the Children for instance I don't think the criticism would be as great as if she simply had another year's holiday.

I definitely like Beatrice and Dave as a couple from what I've seen - though we pretty much know nothing about what he's actually like.

I know this was mentioned before (maybe in another thread) but isn't Beatrice supposed to be finished school this year? And we have no word on what she's going to be doing? I personally hope Beatrice is not about to take a "gap year" - I know Harry (and William?) did it, but I have a feeling that would just create another onslaught of the predictable criticism.

Harry took nearly a 2 year gap after leaving school before entering Sandhurst.

William took a full gap year after leaving school and then another 6 months or so after leaving uni. As he did a 4 year degree he was older than Beatrice is now when he left uni.

Beatrice took a gap year after leaving school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. How many "gap" years can a person justify these days? Beatrice had one before starting uni. After graduating she should get a job, or at least do something constructive. Unfortunately for Beatrice and Eugenie, I think their parents' capers will see them placed under greater scrutiny than if Andrew and Sarah were scandal-free, and though Beatrice seems to be generally thought of as a sweet girl, I don't think it will be well received by the public if she spends too much time obviously holidaying and doing little else.

Hmmm. How many "gap" years can a person justify these days? Beatrice had one before starting uni. After graduating she should get a job, or at least do something constructive. Unfortunately for Beatrice and Eugenie, I think their parents' capers will see them placed under greater scrutiny than if Andrew and Sarah were scandal-free, and though Beatrice seems to be generally thought of as a sweet girl, I don't think it will be well received by the public if she spends too much time obviously holidaying and doing little else.

Rich kids can and many do take two - one before uni and one after.

It depends on what she does, if she takes a second 'gap' year, as to whether or not it is justified.

Harry took nearly 2 years after school and William took 1 year before and about 6 months after uni so if she did take one she wouldn't be taking off a lot more time than the Wales boys did but of course being a York girl unless she wears sackcloth and ashes and works 100 hours a week for no pay she won't get any credit for taking some time to get to know what she wants to do for the rest of her life.

:previous: She's had three or four years at university to think about what she wants to do for the rest of her life, or at least what she wants to do for the next five or so years until she decides she wants to do something else. Sorry but I don't have much sympathy for rich kids who use the excuse that they don't know what they're going to do for the rest of their life to justify doing nothing constructive at all and just going surfing/skiing/cocktail-drinking every day. I don't care who they are: royal or just rich. The fact Beatrice's cousins did it doesn't make it alright. Do something, I say! :devil2: I'm a heartless tyrant like that. :lol:

:previous: She's had three or four years at university to think about what she wants to do for the rest of her life, or at least what she wants to do for the next five or so years until she decides she wants to do something else. Sorry but I don't have much sympathy for rich kids who use the excuse that they don't know what they're going to do for the rest of their life to justify doing nothing constructive at all and just going surfing/skiing/cocktail-drinking every day. I don't care who they are: royal or just rich. The fact Beatrice's cousins did it doesn't make it alright. Do something, I say! :devil2: I'm a heartless tyrant like that. :lol:

I do think it depends on what she did in that time e.g. if she was doing things like William did in Chile I don't think most people would criticise her for that (the DM and some posters on here would but...) but if all she did was go surfing and skiing I would think it over the top.

At the same time I know many young people who after 4 or 5 years at uni still don't know what they want to do.

She will have done three years at uni (and who knows she may even wish to spend more time in education and do another degree).

I believe William went to Chile before he started University.

She will have done three years at uni (and who knows she may even wish to spend more time in education and do another degree).

That would be fine with me. Obtaining more formal education is doing something constructive, in my book.

I don't have a problem with the Princess not working-- the job she takes would be one a person who needs it more might want.

Of course, I have no problem with wealthy young people who wish to prolong their youth. Life is very long for people now, and if you can be young when you are actually young, go for it! The opportunities you have when you are young are not going to be there when you are middle aged or elderly, so enjoy what you can when you can. Your desk, or cubicle, or counter will wait.

Plenty of Beatrice's contemporaries do little or nothing because they can't find work. She could no doubt "find" work, but why is it so necessary for her to take a job just for the sake of having a job? Many people in my family have gone for long periods without working- they travel, engage in hobbies, do volunteer work. It's their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom