Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought Bea is beautiful young woman. I'm glad she's looking well & happy!

She is. She's got everything going for her in life as it should be at her age. Its not so much about the clothes, the shoes or even how thin she can be or should be but she does seem very confident in her own skin. She could turn around what could be taken by what's been said about one article of clothing and make a positive out of a negative. In a way, I could even imagine her saying to herself "s**t happens". THE hat will be forever associated with her in a positive way because of how she wished to deal with it.

Stamina of the royals.. that's what I'd use to describe Beatrice but adding a bit of the "cunning" as in the knowing she's got to be her own person.

To quote an old Irish blessing.. "may ye be in heaven an half hour before the devil knows yer dead". In our world that is Beatrice.. she's outsmarting at her own pace. :D

Claddagh... nice to see you here and um...welcome to TRF. I can change my avatar if you like. I think mine suits you better. :flowers:

I wonder whether either/both of those accompanying men are protection officers? Beatrice looks really sweet in that patterned dress.:)

___________________Here are some pics of the couple's departure taken at Nice airport on June 20:

I wonder whether either/both of those accompanying men are protection officers? Beatrice looks really sweet in that patterned dress.:)

One would think after the experiences of Paris in 1997 that France would positively insist on any members of the BRF being accompanied by protection officers. Poor France had so many slurs put on her honour by conspiracy theorists.:bang:

Beatrice does look superb in that dress and I think her hair is even more beautiful than the Duchess of Cambridge's, when Beatrice makes an effort with it. It is so glossy in these photos and the colour is just stunning. A true strawberry-blonde, lucky Princess Bea!:flowers:

Quite right. I hadn't thought of that.:flowers:

One would think after the experiences of Paris in 1997 that France would positively insist on any members of the BRF being accompanied by protection officers. Poor France had so many slurs put on her honour by conspiracy theorists.:bang:

Operation Beautify - after THAT hat, Beatrice hires Emma Watson's stylist...who charges £1,500 a day

This doesn't look good, not for that price. Praying that £73,000 is a misprint.

One would think after the experiences of Paris in 1997 that France would positively insist on any members of the BRF being accompanied by protection officers. Poor France had so many slurs put on her honour by conspiracy theorists.
banghead6mx.gif

While I can agree that it's good for her to have protection in a foreign land the implicationthat the pap are going to follow Beatrice around like they did Diana Spencer is ridiculous imo. She might be royalty but she's no where near the target that Diana was. Or Kate for that matter.

Last edited:
That article says that Prince Andrew is footing the bill for the stylist; wonder if it was his idea to begin with, or someone else's?

Why not hire a stylist for both daughters?

That article says that Prince Andrew is footing the bill for the stylist; wonder if it was his idea to begin with, or someone else's?

Why not hire a stylist for both daughters?

I seem to recall reading (can't remember where) that it was Sarah's suggestion and she made the contact but that Andrew was paying for it. :ROFLMAO: Sounds like the usual procedure ......

They could just hire a personal shopper, it would be cheaper.

im pretty sure they are not paying 1500 pounds a day for Emma Watson they are probably getting the royal discount as in free or next to nothing.

the buisness she will get just for being associated with the BRF will bring in a lot of clients which will more then make up for any loss in fees she gets

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attended the women's quarter finals (the game between German player
Sabine Lisicki and French player Marion Bartolifor) at the Wimbledon Championships in London, 28 June 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attended the women's quarter finals (the game between German player
Sabine Lisicki and French player Marion Bartolifor) at the Wimbledon Championships in London, 28 June 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Were they in the royal box?

You can also see the Duke of Kent very clearly in the gettyimages picture.

Princess Beatrice is at the men's semi-final day at Wimbledon. I saw her on TV talking to a man, I think it was Viscount Linley but couldn't be sure.

Princess Beatrice receives 2:1 in her history degree - mirror.co.uk

Beatrice has achieved a 2.1 in her degree of history and history of ideas (William also got a 2.1 in his degree).

I wonder what she will do with it or next now.

It wouldn't surprise me if she were to take on more and more royal duties, even if she does have a job. Many members of the RF are quite elderly and will probably gradually ease back on their commitments, William and Harry have their military careers, so someone needs to pick up the slack.

I thought it was very nice of her to lavish such praise on her tutors and the college.

It wouldn't surprise me if she were to take on more and more royal duties, even if she does have a job. Many members of the RF are quite elderly and will probably gradually ease back on their commitments, William and Harry have their military careers, so someone needs to pick up the slack.

I thought it was very nice of her to lavish such praise on her tutors and the college.

We do, of course, have the reports from earlier this year that the girls have been told that they are to get jobs as they aren't going to be doing royal duties.

I do think if they have full time jobs then they can't be expected to also do royal duties.

It has been made pretty clear they are not wanted for Royal Duties. Has to do with their mother and the awkward situations she has caused. Charles wants the monarchy made smaller. They have to get real jobs. They will of course show up at the family events like Viscount Linley etc do. There is no reason why they shouldn't start working Peter and Zara both have careers, Princess Margarets children both worked. I wouldn't be surprised if Branson offered her some sort of job although what she is actually qualified to do is a good question. Yes she has a degree but what exactly can she do with it? I seem to remember some talk of her and fashion, which isn't a good idea especially after that hat! I do think she needs to do something on her own and not join up with her mother and her ventures.

But then who is to attend events, once the Kents, Gloucesters, Princess Alexandra do not?

As for her degree, perhaps she could work in a museum or library?

It has been made pretty clear they are not wanted for Royal Duties. Has to do with their mother and the awkward situations she has caused. Charles wants the monarchy made smaller. They have to get real jobs. They will of course show up at the family events like Viscount Linley etc do. There is no reason why they shouldn't start working Peter and Zara both have careers, Princess Margarets children both worked. I wouldn't be surprised if Branson offered her some sort of job although what she is actually qualified to do is a good question. Yes she has a degree but what exactly can she do with it? I seem to remember some talk of her and fashion, which isn't a good idea especially after that hat! I do think she needs to do something on her own and not join up with her mother and her ventures.

It has nothing to do with her mother at all.

It has to do with the aims of reducing the size of the royal family and was made clear to them as a result of Andrew and the peadophile earlier this year.

With a history degree she is able to do anything that involves research. With a degree in history of ideas she is also able to do things that involve thinking things through and seeing relationships between ideas and implementation - true humanitarian type degrees.

As someone with a history degree I do find it strange that people don't understand what use the degree is - research, communication and general understanding of a range of issues and cultures immediately come to mind.

When she has done charity work - which is what royals do - it has been largely associated with one or more of her mothers charities e.g. Children in Crisis of which Sarah is patron.

But then who is to attend events, once the Kents, Gloucesters, Princess Alexandra do not?

As for her degree, perhaps she could work in a museum or library?

No one.

The idea, as I understand it, is that there will be fewer royal duties overall being undertaken as there will be fewer people to do the work and those that are doing the royal duties will be doing more.

Charles doesn't really even want his brothers doing too much - his sister yes but not even Andrew and Edward and certainly not their children. He does realise however that there are no other options for Andrew and Edward but he is certainly behind the reduction of the size of the royal family and this impacts on Beatrice and Eugenie first - with them being told to get real jobs (and also shows up with things like no HRH for Edward's children).

Harry's children will also not be called upon in the future.

Kate, William, Harry and Harry's spouse will have to do the work of the Kents, Gloucesters along with pick up those of the Duke of Edinburgh and The Queen (those that Charles can't pick up).

Simply put - fewer working royals = fewer royal duties and fewer organisations etc with a royal being involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom