The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think she looks starved. She looks as though someone may have had a fashion talk with her. Dave is a handsome man and I do wish the photogs would refrain from photos that make them both look like they have bobble heads. I don't know whether he leans into the photo or what, but in most he looks a bit strange.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
She looks much better. I approve.
I argue that she's lost too much weight. I look at her face and think it'd do her well to gain about 5-10 pounds. B&E have bodies that work well with some weight on them but the rather nasty way people go on about them and their mother can have an effect. Remember the covers that they did for magazines? Those things were Photoshopped badly, that's got to weigh on their minds when the look back on them.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Too heavy...too thin....all of this being debated on boards and newspaper sites about someone most of us have never met.......and we wonder why girls develop eating disorders? Wasn't it too long ago that she was criticized for being too heavy?

Beatrice looks fine. I hope she doesn't pay attention to anyone other than herself and her doctors in regards to her weight.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Too heavy...too thin....all of this being debated on boards and newspaper sites about someone most of us have never met.......and we wonder why girls develop eating disorders? Wasn't it too long ago that she was criticized for being too heavy?

Beatrice looks fine. I hope she doesn't pay attention to anyone other than herself and her doctors in regards to her weight.
I have always been one of those people who thought Beatrice and her sister had healthy figures but was glad Beatrice was taking care of her fitness by working out. People who attack someone for not looking like a bobblehead stick are the worst when that is not their natural shape disgust me.

All I am saying is that the first time I saw her in like two years (as I don't really keep tabs on the Yorks) was at the wedding and I thought aside from the blasted hat she looked great. She was slimmer but healthy and to see a picture of her like this only a little less than a month after she looks even smaller and not in a healthy way. I just want her to be okay and whomever is giving her a "fashion talks" I hope they are talking to her about her style and not trying to be Gisele.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

I admit I think Princess Beatrice looks much better slimmer. But I hope she doesn't take it to extremes. Couldn't some of the weight loss be due to just getting older and losing some "baby fat", though? Some people do seem to be chubby teenagers and then become slim when they're adults. Princess Anne was chubbier in her teenage years and has always been slim since.

(Although no one else in that family - Sarah, Andrew, or Eugenie - seems to be naturally slim, so Beatrice must be doing something to keep off the weight. Hopefully she is doing it in a healthy way.)
Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

I posted pictures of Beatrice and Andrew in Prince Andrew's thread, but this is a gallery of all the pictures of Beatrice at the Chelsea Flower Show. I think Princess Beatrice looks lovely, personally. Maybe not conventionally pretty, but really cute - her big eyes are so expressive and you can tell she's having a great time with the flowers.

Princess Beatrice Pictures - Chelsea Flower Show - London, England - Zimbio
Old 05-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Nobility

I'm not sure if hell is freezing over at the moment, but the Daily Mail
have written something nice and positive about a member of the
York Family.
This doesn't happen very often so we better make the most of it.
(Well they do have a little snipe at Fergie but old habits die hard).

Royal Reinvention No.1: Loved-up, slimmed down and happier than ever. The sudden blooming of Bea | Mail Online
Old 05-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I'm not sure if hell is freezing over at the moment, but the Daily Mail
have written something nice and positive about a member of the
York Family.
This doesn't happen very often so we better make the most of it.
(Well they do have a little snipe at Fergie but old habits die hard).

Royal Reinvention No.1: Loved-up, slimmed down and happier than ever. The sudden blooming of Bea | Mail Online

The DM have been a bit positive about Bea since she decided to auction her hat in my opinion.

This article also makes it clear that Bea won't be a working royal but will be looking for a job related to fashion or art.

She may be fifth in line to the throne, but Beatrice will not become a full-time Royal. Instead she intends to get a job once she has graduated, preferably relevant to her love of art and fashion.

This is what I have been expecting for years - a reduction of the number of working royals by having fewer in the younger generation (only William and Harry will have that role in time).
Old 05-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The DM have been a bit positive about Bea since she decided to auction her hat in my opinion.

This article also makes it clear that Bea won't be a working royal but will be looking for a job related to fashion or art.

LOL! Maybe she can apprentice to Phillip Treacy?
Can you imagine the hats the two of them could unleash on British society?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Quite the idea!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Perish the thought!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

My thought exactly, roseroyal!! LOL
Old 05-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Princess Beatrice and David Clark during the qualifying session at the Monaco racetrack, in Monaco, May 28, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
My thought exactly, roseroyal!! LOL
Hey, great minds think alike, LOL!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Hey.. indeed they do! That goes without saying..LOL
Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Awwww. They're so cute together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Old 05-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Courtier

Dave and Beatrice, today, in Monte Carlo.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Beatrice at the Monaco Grand Prix | Mail Online
Old 05-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks quite nice in those pictures; every time I have seen her lately she is wearing a simple, solid dress in a bright primary color that looks right for her.

Her sister should follow her lead!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

Well said.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice