The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20488576

Sarah saying Beatrice will auction off the wedding hat for charity. Not sure why but Sarah mentioning her children and Andrew all the time bothers me, like mooching in a way.....( yes I am aware they are her kids but maybe they'd like to make an annoucement themselves or just not have any part of their lives discussed)

Of all the glorious dresses and jewelry these girls surely own, they auction off that hideous hat? They do realize the hat is a "sensation" because of how ridiculous it looked on her right? Im all for donating to charity, but THIS hat really? I mean really? I can't even....

Old 05-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Thats exactly why its being auctioned off. Its very much talked about and I think it will get more than 3K, which is what a normal hat goes for.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Thats exactly why its being auctioned off. Its very much talked about and I think it will get more than 3K, which is what a normal hat goes for.
Yep, considering the hat has its own Facebook fan page, I have a feeling someone will pay quite a bit for it, just for laughs.

ETA: Beatrice speaks out on her hat :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...=feeds-newsxml
Old 05-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Majesty

I think that this is a brilliant move on Beatrice's part. She brings something good out of that horrible hat and the negative publicity about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Count me in on thinking this is a brilliant move by Beatrice. Beatrice has taken this whole thing in her stride in a very graceful manner. She has turned this whole thing into a major positive. And more importantly Beatrice will be helping out 2 worthy charities by auctioning off the now famous hat. This is a proactive and positive move on Beatrice's part. Kudos to her!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Yes its a fabulous idea. Maybe she can do so the same with the Butterfly hat?!

Old 05-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

...and if she has a "planets" hat, she could auction that off as well. I have to say that whomever came up with the auction idea is brilliant. It lightens the hideousness and promotes charity. Perhaps next time, she could ask "does this make my head look fat?"

BTW, The Hat deserved it's own Facebook page.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Aristocracy

It is generous of Princess Beatrice to auction off her well recognised hat.
THE hat that was seen to witness the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton!
Charities will reap the benefit of her milliner's artistic interpretation of elegance.

I hope Princess Beatrice remembers that her value as a person is in no way equal to the sum of what others think of the way she looks or dresses.
Only pretty shallow people judge a book by it's cover ... didn't we all learn that in Sunday School?
Old 05-12-2011, 04:34 AM
Aristocracy

With The Hat, The Princess has won back for English Princesses
the right to lead fashion from the front.

Lady GaGa will never ever do better than The Wedding.
And lewd gangster chicks now know that they dont cut class.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, I totally agree - a wonderful move from Beatrice, and I really do admire the dignity of her response. I felt the initial reaction from some quarters was approaching bullying but she's turned that around.
The hat has its fans and its knockers, It's controversial and I guess that if fashion is to be seen as an artform, then at the cutting edge it needs to be controversial and provoke debate. Well, the hat has certainly done that.
So are we now looking at... Princess Beatrice, fashion icon?
http://duchessdiscoveries.com
Old 05-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
It is generous of Princess Beatrice to auction off her well recognised hat.
THE hat that was seen to witness the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton!
Charities will reap the benefit of her milliner's artistic interpretation of elegance.

I hope Princess Beatrice remembers that her value as a person is in no way equal to the sum of what others think of the way she looks or dresses.
Only pretty shallow people judge a book by it's cover ... didn't we all learn that in Sunday School?
It could also be said that vapid fashion following can lead to problems. I think she's dodged this bullet; but there will be more.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

How do we know that she didn't plan this charitable action from the very beginning? (Give me a hat people will talk about, as I plan to help children's charities with it). Very great PR move, on her part.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
How do we know that she didn't plan this charitable action from the very beginning? (Give me a hat people will talk about, as I plan to help children's charities with it). Very great PR move, on her part.
I very much doubt she planned a publicity stunt at a wedding, that's beyond disrespectful because, no matter the cause you might be supporting, you're purposely pulling attention from what people should be paying attention to: Pippa Middleton's behind. .
Old 05-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
Yes, I totally agree - a wonderful move from Beatrice, and I really do admire the dignity of her response. I felt the initial reaction from some quarters was approaching bullying but she's turned that around.
The hat has its fans and its knockers, It's controversial and I guess that if fashion is to be seen as an artform, then at the cutting edge it needs to be controversial and provoke debate. Well, the hat has certainly done that.
So are we now looking at... Princess Beatrice, fashion icon?

Given the number of fashion disasters I would say - Princess Beatrice the laughing stock of the world.

Sure some people may now know that she is auctioning that hat but the majority of the world still see her as a figure to be laughed at for wearing it at all.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

You just nailed it, Bertie! I couldn't have said it better if I tried. Bea is certainly The laughing stock, and has been for many years, sad to say. Unfortunately, her sister, Eugenie, is seemingly beginning to take after her. :(
Old 05-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

Planning to give something to an honorable charity is not a "publicity stunt," it's philanthropy and royals do it all the time.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Given the number of fashion disasters I would say - Princess Beatrice the laughing stock of the world.

Sure some people may now know that she is auctioning that hat but the majority of the world still see her as a figure to be laughed at for wearing it at all.
We have to consider also the designer of THE hat. He did a LOT of hats for that wedding and to honest, there's been very few I likes. Some at the wdedding to me looked like they were made to be a satellite disk with hidden cameras for the BBS in the Abboy.

OK.. the outfit on Bea grew on me. It took a while but I actually noticed the dress she wore. It was sleek and well fitted wiich is more than I can say for her sister's. They both cam across at first glance to me as dressed for heading to New Orleans and a Mardi Gras rather that a wedding.

So she goofed. THE hat as a british icon is making a revival. I remember for years haring about HM and her hats. My fair lady and the hats.. I really don't think it was Bea's intention to cause a sensation with that thing but it happened and what she did was turn a negative into a positive. I do have to think that Treacy's prices have probably gone up a bit.

BTW: if you go to ebay.com and in search enter Beatrice hat, you can buy a paper copy for $9.99 USD. AND.. get a poster too!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Nobility

You have to consider that members of the royal family left from Buckingham Palace to go to Westminster Abbey on the day of the wedding. That means that the Queen probably got a glance at Beatrice's fascinator before she got in the car. I'm fairly certain that the Queen, like any good grandmother, would have made her find something else to wear to the church if she disapproved.

Of course, HM would never admit to approving of Beatrice's fascinator or telling us anything that went on behind the scenes on the morning of the wedding, so we'll never know...
Old 05-13-2011, 03:14 AM
Gentry

:)) "the fascinator"... is she the new royal lady gaga?
Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Gentry

heres the other hats she tried that day...
THE HAT THAT COULD FEED A NATION AND OTHER FUNNY HAT STORIES! LIFE FUNTASTIQUE!

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice