The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Nobility

The media's ~love for the parents is trickling down to their daughters. :/
Libyan gun-runner and friend of Prince Andrew gave Princess Beatrice '18k necklace' before duke allegedly lobbied British company for him | Mail Online

Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Nobility

Not really to the girls. Unlike Andrew, neither Beatrice nor Eugenie would have an idea of who most of the people are beyond how their parents introduce them.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark leaving a restaurant in Chelsea, London, April 13, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark leaving a restaurant in Chelsea, London, April 13, 2011.

They really do make an attractive couple don't they?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Nobility

Yes,they do..She has changed a lot during the last couple of years and she looks better than ever.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Nobility

I was just wondering if Beatrice is running the London Marathon again this year, was there anything reported?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Administrator

I haven't read anything yet that she would take part in it again, so I don't
think so, Irish Eyes.

Last night the couple went out again, they were pictured leaing the Public
Nightclub in London.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

I haven't read anything yet that she would take part in it again, so I don't
think so, Irish Eyes.

Last night the couple went out again, they were pictured leaing the Public
Nightclub in London.

That's what I was thinking, and thanks as ever Iceflower for posting the lovely pics.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

Mr Clark is always more sauve in his casual/smart look than either Princes William or Harry who both can look like some of their homeless cases at times.

The Princess is most fortunate to have a man who knows how to get dressed properly. That suggests that Mr Clark is emotionally mature and with his manly attentiveness of her: he is husband material.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

I definitely like Beatrice and Dave as a couple from what I've seen - though we pretty much know nothing about what he's actually like.

I know this was mentioned before (maybe in another thread) but isn't Beatrice supposed to be finished school this year? And we have no word on what she's going to be doing? I personally hope Beatrice is not about to take a "gap year" - I know Harry (and William?) did it, but I have a feeling that would just create another onslaught of the predictable criticism.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Administrator

I believe she does graduate this year and didn't she already take a gap year before university?

Old 04-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I personally hope Beatrice is not about to take a "gap year" - I know Harry (and William?) did it, but I have a feeling that would just create another onslaught of the predictable criticism.
The "gap year" is between secondary school and university. She will be graduating from college, so the gap year does not apply.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
The "gap year" is between secondary school and university. She will be graduating from college, so the gap year does not apply.

A lot of people also take a 'gap' year after leaving university and before starting paid work.

Some take only one and others take two - and rich people are more likely to be the ones who take two - one either side of university.

If she doesn't know what she wants to do or if they aren't sure what she is going to do I can see her having a second 'gap' year but more like what William did after leaving uni when he had experience in some areas rather than a simple travel the world type gap.

She could do the sort of thing William did in South American for instance.

If she did take a second gap year I would hope that she would use it for positive benefits for herself and others rather than just swanning around the world. If she did that e.g. got experience with her Aunt Anne in working for Save the Children for instance I don't think the criticism would be as great as if she simply had another year's holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I definitely like Beatrice and Dave as a couple from what I've seen - though we pretty much know nothing about what he's actually like.

I know this was mentioned before (maybe in another thread) but isn't Beatrice supposed to be finished school this year? And we have no word on what she's going to be doing? I personally hope Beatrice is not about to take a "gap year" - I know Harry (and William?) did it, but I have a feeling that would just create another onslaught of the predictable criticism.

Harry took nearly a 2 year gap after leaving school before entering Sandhurst.

William took a full gap year after leaving school and then another 6 months or so after leaving uni. As he did a 4 year degree he was older than Beatrice is now when he left uni.

Beatrice took a gap year after leaving school.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm. How many "gap" years can a person justify these days? Beatrice had one before starting uni. After graduating she should get a job, or at least do something constructive. Unfortunately for Beatrice and Eugenie, I think their parents' capers will see them placed under greater scrutiny than if Andrew and Sarah were scandal-free, and though Beatrice seems to be generally thought of as a sweet girl, I don't think it will be well received by the public if she spends too much time obviously holidaying and doing little else.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Hmmm. How many "gap" years can a person justify these days? Beatrice had one before starting uni. After graduating she should get a job, or at least do something constructive. Unfortunately for Beatrice and Eugenie, I think their parents' capers will see them placed under greater scrutiny than if Andrew and Sarah were scandal-free, and though Beatrice seems to be generally thought of as a sweet girl, I don't think it will be well received by the public if she spends too much time obviously holidaying and doing little else.

Rich kids can and many do take two - one before uni and one after.

It depends on what she does, if she takes a second 'gap' year, as to whether or not it is justified.

Harry took nearly 2 years after school and William took 1 year before and about 6 months after uni so if she did take one she wouldn't be taking off a lot more time than the Wales boys did but of course being a York girl unless she wears sackcloth and ashes and works 100 hours a week for no pay she won't get any credit for taking some time to get to know what she wants to do for the rest of her life.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

She's had three or four years at university to think about what she wants to do for the rest of her life, or at least what she wants to do for the next five or so years until she decides she wants to do something else. Sorry but I don't have much sympathy for rich kids who use the excuse that they don't know what they're going to do for the rest of their life to justify doing nothing constructive at all and just going surfing/skiing/cocktail-drinking every day. I don't care who they are: royal or just rich. The fact Beatrice's cousins did it doesn't make it alright. Do something, I say! I'm a heartless tyrant like that.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
She's had three or four years at university to think about what she wants to do for the rest of her life, or at least what she wants to do for the next five or so years until she decides she wants to do something else. Sorry but I don't have much sympathy for rich kids who use the excuse that they don't know what they're going to do for the rest of their life to justify doing nothing constructive at all and just going surfing/skiing/cocktail-drinking every day. I don't care who they are: royal or just rich. The fact Beatrice's cousins did it doesn't make it alright. Do something, I say! I'm a heartless tyrant like that.

I do think it depends on what she did in that time e.g. if she was doing things like William did in Chile I don't think most people would criticise her for that (the DM and some posters on here would but...) but if all she did was go surfing and skiing I would think it over the top.

At the same time I know many young people who after 4 or 5 years at uni still don't know what they want to do.

She will have done three years at uni (and who knows she may even wish to spend more time in education and do another degree).
Old 04-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Gentry

I believe William went to Chile before he started University.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

She will have done three years at uni (and who knows she may even wish to spend more time in education and do another degree).
That would be fine with me. Obtaining more formal education is doing something constructive, in my book.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

I don't have a problem with the Princess not working-- the job she takes would be one a person who needs it more might want.

Of course, I have no problem with wealthy young people who wish to prolong their youth. Life is very long for people now, and if you can be young when you are actually young, go for it! The opportunities you have when you are young are not going to be there when you are middle aged or elderly, so enjoy what you can when you can. Your desk, or cubicle, or counter will wait.

Plenty of Beatrice's contemporaries do little or nothing because they can't find work. She could no doubt "find" work, but why is it so necessary for her to take a job just for the sake of having a job? Many people in my family have gone for long periods without working- they travel, engage in hobbies, do volunteer work. It's their choice.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice