The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Was there ever any question that she wasn't with him?

Old 03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
Was there ever any question that she wasn't with him?
There was some speculation they broke upjust because they weren't photographed together for awhile that's all, just gossip/rumours

Old 03-11-2011, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie out and about with their boyfriends,
London, March 10/11, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery **

By now I've found out that they had attended a children's charity event at
The Banqueting House in Whitehall prior to that:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 03-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Nobility

Zimbio Gallery - Princess Beatrice and her boyfriend Dave Clark leave Public nightclub in London's Knightsbridge

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 03-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think I've ever seen Eugenie's hair that long! (since she was a child, maybe).
Old 03-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice is said to be upset that Dave is not invited to all three of the wedding events.
(But Eugenie's boyfriend isn't invited to any).
Old 03-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Beatrice is said to be upset that Dave is not invited to all three of the wedding events.
(But Eugenie's boyfriend isn't invited to any).
Oh dear, perhaps she may like to consider not coming to the wedding herself!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Administrator

I doubt that rumour is true.

Beatrice should be fully aware that this is not just a normal wedding and there are tons of official guests that need to be considered. She probably considers it nice enough that Dave was invited to any event.

Do we believe everything negative that comes out about the Yorks because they are Yorks?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Gentry

Wedding

Oh, My... Her mother not invited, now her boyfriend... You're right, maybe she shouldn't go.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I doubt that rumour is true.

Beatrice should be fully aware that this is not just a normal wedding and there are tons of official guests that need to be considered. She probably considers it nice enough that Dave was invited to any event.

Do we believe everything negative that comes out about the Yorks because they are Yorks?
No, of course not. But the reports doesn't make the family look anybetter in my eyes.
But then again I'm not the one judge them.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Wow...suggesting that Beatrice not attend the wedding of her cousin based on a rumour from a source that hasn't been identified. I guess Charles should have had the same idea when Camilla wasn't invited to Edward and Sophie's wedding.

So the Beatrice bashing has begun in earnest once again.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
So the Beatrice bashing has begun in earnest once again.
Not sure about that.

Mine was meant to be a facetious tongue-in-cheek comment. How would any member of the press know how Beatrice actually felt about Dave not being invited to all the events. In fact, has it even been confirmed that Dave will not be at all the events?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
With the receptions going on, the guest lists were probably went over very carefully as to who would be invited to what. I would imagine that none of the boyfriends and girlfriends will be invited to some of the events. For Charles' reception I believe its going to be on a rather small scale with just close family and friends of the couple. As with Beatrice's and Eugenie's boyfriends being excluded, I would also imagine that Harry's Chelsy would be excluded also.

As Zonk has posted, for Edward and Sophie's wedding, Camilla was not invited. They are probably following the same protocol that was used back then. I imagine both Beatrice and Eugenie understand this very well.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Not sure about that.

Mine was meant to be a facetious tongue-in-cheek comment. How would any member of the press know how Beatrice actually felt about Dave not being invited to all the events. In fact, has it even been confirmed that Dave will not be at all the events?
Yes, yours was but as you see some people tend to believe a lot of what is written or said on a board.

It wasn't confirmed, the only thing I read was an article in the Daily Mail (yes, them again) when it made reference to the alternate wedding party that some of William and Kate friends were given. Because of the size of the wedding, they weren't even attending but it was thought they were attending the after parties. So if William and Kate's friends aren't attending, why would Beatrice would be offended that Dave isn't.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Gentry

My coment wasn't made to hurt or critize Beatrice. I wrote it with sarcarm... I should know that it doesn't translate in writing...
But anyway, of course Beatrice will go. She is still an important part of the family.
I wish she could wear a tiara for the evening event.
Can she do that? She is a princess afterall...
Old 03-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcra View Post
But anyway, of course Beatrice will go. She is still an important part of the family.
I wish she could wear a tiara for the evening event.
Can she do that? She is a princess afterall...
Not sure the evening event is a tiara event at all - I would be surprised if it were, the BRF tend not to don tiaras for private / family events.

In the event that it were a tiara event, the Beatrice and Eugenie could probably wear tiaras.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

I would think the girls would follow the norm of being dressed well but understated so as not to draw attention away from the bride. Even for royalty a tiara would not be understated.

Of course, this is different for princesses attending weddings in their formal capacity as representing the family or nation. Beatrice and Eugenie would not fall into this category at a family wedding.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Beatrice is a princess and a cousin of prince william except I don't know how close they are though? And why don't Eugenie and Beatrice and Anne use tiaras like other princesses and instead use big funny hats and suits to all events.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Administrator

British weddings tend to be low key in regards to tiaras. Unlike the weddings of other European royals...the British royals usually wear hats. The only tiara likely to be shown on April 29th is the one worn by Catherine.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Princess Beatrice is a princess and a cousin of prince william except I don't know how close they are though? And why don't Eugenie and Beatrice and Anne use tiaras like other princesses and instead use big funny hats and suits to all events.
I've heard rumours that it was William who set Beatrice up with Dave. Anne wears a tiara for state banquets when she is attended. British weddings as Zonk said are in the afternoon, so hats are the order of the day rather than tiaras. I don't think Beatrice and Eugenie have a tiara, and there has never been an occasion for them to need a tiara.

Tags
princess beatrice