The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Beatrice has a night out with mother after spending Valentine's night apart from boyfriend Dave Clark | Mail Online

Old 02-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Is Dave Clark meant to be history?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Majesty

That seems to be what the DM is suggesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Is Dave Clark meant to be history?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
That seems to be what the DM is suggesting.
Not that the DM ever lets facts get in the way of a good story!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Majesty

Chelsy Davy and Pippa Middleton enjoy night out with Princess Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online

Plotting the hen party girls? Chelsy Davy and Pippa Middleton enjoy night out with Princess Beatrice and Eugenie

She has enjoyed a number of secret meetings with ex-boyfriend Prince Harry recently, fuelling rumours they are back together and sparking speculation that she will be attending the Royal wedding come April.

But judging from last night’s events Chelsy Davy has been fully accepted back into the fold as she enjoyed a night out with Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.

The girl group, which also included Kate Middleton’s sister Pippa, enjoyed

Read more: Chelsy Davy and Pippa Middleton enjoy night out with Princess Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online
Old 02-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sarah Ferguson and Princess Beatrice rack up hefty dinner tab at Gordon Ramsay's Claridges | Mail Online

Meanwhile Beatrice is due to graduate from Goldsmith’s College this year and despite being keen on a career in fashion, has yet to start a financially successful occupation.

I thought that this was a very interesting comment in this article as it seems to suggest that Beatrice is going to be looking for a job from this summer rather than be a working royal - good for her. With a 9 - 5 job she will be a 'normal' person and the royal side of her life will be a side-show rather than the main focus - appearing at the big evens (if she can get time off work) and allowing Kate to be the working Princess in that generation.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Let's hope we can trust the DM with that comment.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Aristocracy

Internships with the Queen and the Prince's Trust would get her the skills to be a facilitator for marketing UK fashion.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arncliffe View Post
Internships with the Queen and the Prince's Trust would get her the skills to be a facilitator for marketing UK fashion.
I am sure we would get the comments that she only got the position because of who she is. And is taking the job from someone who 1) really deserves 2) has the talent and 3) will pursue the actual career.

Sorry...just anticipating the comments in the Daily Mail article.

Poor girl can't win.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Aristocracy

Indeed, I know it's kind of silly to feel sorry for people who have such privileges etc but I do feel sorry for quite a few of the RF. They can't have a "normal" life with a job or a relationship without people judging them, complaining, moaning or giving not-so-subtle comments that they only get whatever they've got through their royal association. Or they get numerous attempts by media etc to trap them into some faux pas or some tabloid sting to embarrass them. And then if they pursue the "normal" royal life with duties & charity work & royal events people complain that they should get proper jobs & it's a waste of tax payers money, what do they do for us blah blah blah. Can't win at all, no matter what they do.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

It for this reason that I can see her going to a job with an overseas firm rather than a British one - and given the continuing negative press she gets who could blame her for taking that route.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Most royals just brush news articles aside. I don't think the princess needs to leave the country.

I think Princess Beatrice got the internship because she is bright and capable. Remember her school scores were high. The princess is not a working royal that gets her living from the British taxpayer. She needs to support herself. I think this is a good work experience to put on a resume for her fashion job.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

As far as I am aware she hasn't got any internship - an earlier post suggested one with the Queen or Princes Trust - but there was no indication that she has one. If you know differently could you post a link please?

All we have been told is that she currently hasn't a paying job - due to being a full-time student. The DM suggested that she wanted a job in fashion.

If she is to have a full-time job then the next generation of working royals will be limited to William, Harry and their partners as Beatrice is the most senior of their cousins. I hope she does go the full time work route rather than the opening hospitals etc route as I think she would find it way more fulfilling a lifestyle.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Beatrice has already done one internship. Her first summer break from university she did a 6 week internship at the Foreign Office. (Eugenie last year during her first summer break from university, did a 6 week internship at Christie's) Before Beatrice enrolled at university the media stated that she was going to study fashion design and set up her own label. Pure speculation since that's not the way Beatrice went. She's studying history and the history of ideas at Goldsmith. So DM have just resurrected the 'working in fashion' angle again, it doesn't mean that's the area that Beatrice will necessarly work in.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

I knew that she had done one internship but the way I read the post was that she has another one - which is why I asked goergiea.
Is she still studying 'history of ideas'? All recent reports I have seen say only that she is studying 'history' on its own.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
Indeed, I know it's kind of silly to feel sorry for people who have such privileges etc but I do feel sorry for quite a few of the RF. They can't have a "normal" life with a job or a relationship without people judging them, complaining, moaning or giving not-so-subtle comments that they only get whatever they've got through their royal association. Or they get numerous attempts by media etc to trap them into some faux pas or some tabloid sting to embarrass them. And then if they pursue the "normal" royal life with duties & charity work & royal events people complain that they should get proper jobs & it's a waste of tax payers money, what do they do for us blah blah blah. Can't win at all, no matter what they do.

I totally agree. It's a real no-win situation, due to the sad negativity that is fuelled and encouraged by the media.

I think Beatrice has a right to choose her own path in life, whether that involves full-time Royal duties or paid for employment. As people have said, she is a bright girl and I'm sure she'd have the capabilities to do well in whatever field she does choose.

I know she's certainly interested in the world of fashion, so maybe it could be an option. She has also done plenty of charity work already under her mother's guidance (I think the Teenage Cancer Trust is one organisation she's been involved with, as well as Sarah's own children's charity). Did anyone see the documentary about Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie going to the orphanages in Romania and Turkey? She came across very well in that, caring and eager to help. So maybe she could be fulfilled with Royal work, if she worked for causes she really cared about.
But it's Beatrice's choice, and good luck to her whatever she does...
http://duchessdiscoveries.com
Old 02-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Aristocracy

It's just too easy to underestimate the traction she could pull to back up her cred.

It would be interesting to write her CV.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arncliffe View Post
It's just too easy to underestimate the traction she could pull to back up her cred.

It would be interesting to write her CV.

I am sorry but could you explain you first sentence? I don't understand what you mean.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Eugenie and Beatrice turn up to Harry's kinky club The Box | Mail Online
Old 03-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

I guess this answers if she's still with David

http://m.zimbio.com/pictures/4PlEGC6...friend+leaving
This was posted in Eugenie's thread by another poster so I brought it here too

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice