Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it just looks new to me... I have never seen Bea's hair "swished to the side" before this pic. I am still not a fan. Sorry if I have offended.

I like it and thought she looked great yesterday.

*rubs hands together in glee* Queen's Club Tourney means we're *very* close to Wimbledon and two of my favourite weeks of the year!! :eek:D

She looks good with a bit of lift and a swoop behind the ear. A bit of style without being "coiffed."

I guess it just looks new to me... I have never seen Bea's hair "swished to the side" before this pic. I am still not a fan. Sorry if I have offended.
You have not. I seem to remember some Diana quote where all she had to do to get media attention was sport a new 'do.

Princess Beatrice of York's hairstyle is MODERN and YOUNG. wonderful!!!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Isnt Beatrice due to graduate this year - any word if the Queen will attend like she did at William's

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark at the wedding of Sam Waley Cohen and his bride Bella Ballin

Kate Middleton and Pippa Middleton Pictures at Sam Waley Cohen and Bella Ballin's Wedding Photo 1

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton were also in attendance.

Love the color and the dress.....not the jacket or the hat.
Thank You! Does it mean that after Trooping the Colour Kate went to her friends' wedding?
Besides all,loved the outfit of Princess Beatrice

Her hat at the wedding is the only thing except the wedding dress that I'll remember!

Thank You! Does it mean that after Trooping the Colour Kate went to her friends' wedding?
Besides all,loved the outfit of Princess Beatrice

You are welcome.

I believe Kate left right afterwards.

Not sure what Beatrice was doing this morning and her reason for missing the Trooping.

A busy week for the BRF.....I would assume they (including Bea) will be in Windsor tomorrow and Ascot this week.

Beatrice should know what degree she gets by the end of next week if not this week.

I don't like Beatrice's purple outfit at all; the jacket is much too casual for a lace dress and the hat, although rather cute, imo, doesn't seem to go with the rest.

Pippa seems to have a fondness for green, but that lime coat looks bulky and rather harsh. Still it is better than Beatrice's.

Last edited:
You took the words right out of my mouth, Mirabel. Poor Bea just didn't get anything right this time, IMHO. Her lace dress appears to be something my grandmother would wear and the jacket looks heavy over it. The hat? Just plain silly. Better luck next time...

Hmmm... Based on the comments on her purple outfit, perhaps Beatrice didn't attend Trooping the Colour because she didn't have anything to wear!

More likely, though, she probably committed to attending the wedding and didn't have enough turnaround time to get ready for one event right after the other.

Hmmm... Based on the comments on her purple outfit, perhaps Beatrice didn't attend Trooping the Colour because she didn't have anything to wear!

More likely, though, she probably committed to attending the wedding and didn't have enough turnaround time to get ready for one event right after the other.

Well Kate did....................

Thena said:

I realize this forum should not be taken too seriously. It seems HRH Princess Beatrice of York is criticized no matter what she does. So it seems she will wear what she wants as she cannot win for losing. Her perceptions of her wardrobe are obviously different than perceptions of those who criticize it. I admire her lack of intimidation by the masses and the media. The sins of her father/mother should not be placed upon her, or her sister's, HRH Princess Eugenie of York, shoulders. In the end, Princess Beatrice is still QEII's granddaughter, royal, wealthy and will always be photographed throughout her life - whether anyone likes her choice of a clothing item of the day or not. Bravo, bravo, bravo to the princess for not bowing down to masses and the media!

I realize this forum should not be taken too seriously. It seems HRH Princess Beatrice of York is criticized no matter what she does. So it seems she will wear what she wants as she cannot win for losing. Her perceptions of her wardrobe are obviously different than perceptions of those who criticize it. I admire her lack of intimidation by the masses and the media. The sins of her father/mother should not be placed upon her, or her sister's, HRH Princess Eugenie of York, shoulders. In the end, Princess Beatrice is still QEII's granddaughter, royal, wealthy and will always be photographed throughout her life - whether anyone likes her choice of a clothing item of the day or not. Bravo, bravo, bravo to the princess for not bowing down to masses and the media!

I'm very new here and I must say I have seen many affectionate posts about Princess Beatrice. She does make unusual fashion choices some of the time and it's only natural that people will comment, IMHO.

I don't think she looked attractive at all today in that garish lace. Honestly, it seemed a tad vulgar to me. That's just my opinion, and I don't expect anyone, let alone the Princess, to take note. But everyone in the public eye comes in for criticism at times. Look at how universally praised Pippa Middleton's appearance was at the recent Royal Wedding and compare the posts with those of today when she appeared along with Princess Beatrice and the Duchess of Cambridge at this wedding. Pippa was as harshly criticised as Bea in her fashion choice and appearance. (Personally, I thought Beatrice looked much better than Pippa!)

Speaking as someone who is patently unstylish, I have great sympathy with anyone who has difficulty looking good!

Whilst I detest the world's obsession with thin-ness, I have to concede that on the whole, clothes look better in photographs on tall, thin girls. [that's why models are the same they are].

Beatrice and Eugenie seem to have little inherent sense of style - WHICH IS NOT A CRIME in my humble opinion. Sometimes they look good [often when they wear classsic, simple styles it seems] and sometimes they do not. Let me emphasise that I do not like the 'skinny' obsession of the media, but at the same time, I have to concede that when Beatrice was looking a bit plump [not obese!!] her clothes did not look quite so good on her. It is also the case that if you are red-haired, it is sometimes hard to find colours that look 'right' on you - a problem that dark or blonde ladies don't always seem to have. Indeed, I well remember Lindka Cierach, who designed Sarah's bridal grown, saying that it had proved an enjoyable challenge because Sarah, with her body shape and colouring 'was not the easiest person to dress'.

only my view

Alex

Princess Beatrice of York at the Richard Branson hosts the 30th anniversary of The Roof Gardens, Kensington London, UK.

Newscom gallery

Whilst I detest the world's obsession with thin-ness, I have to concede that on the whole, clothes look better in photographs on tall, thin girls. [that's why models are the same they are].

Alex

You are right! Unfortunately but right. I do not like this obsession with thiness BUT, it is better for everyone to be into a good shape in appearance. Life is easier if you can find clothes at any shop, if you are not affraid that your clothes are stuck on your belly or rear part, showing their defaults, and when you can put a normal swimming costume without being ashamed. I mean it is a range of weight inside which, it is better to be. You can gain 3 or 5 kilos, it is not a drama, but if you are young and you gain 10 kilos per year it is bad! This is already a problem for average girls! Imagine for famous girls how more difficult is the situation, they are scrutinized constantly!

Beatrice and Eugenie seem to have little inherent sense of style - WHICH IS NOT A CRIME in my humble opinion. Sometimes they look good [often when they wear classsic, simple styles it seems] and sometimes they do not. Let me emphasise that I do not like the 'skinny' obsession of the media, but at the same time, I have to concede that when Beatrice was looking a bit plump [not obese!!] her clothes did not look quite so good on her.
Alex

Beatrice is now slimmer and it is so easier for her to be dressed! A simple dress from Zara is enough! In the wedding she was perfect! (out of the hat!!)
Kate is soo stylish also because she can wear EVERYTHING, simple lines are flattering a good shape, but a very heavy shape like Eugenie can not fit into simple classical lines. This is the reason IMO that she wears elaborated designs having as aim to draw the attention on the dress and NOT on the girl, but it is failed. In the wedding it was a drama!! This is the reason IMO people say that York girls have not sense of style! If Eugenie looses many kilos, she will be dressed better, now she can't! Beatrice lost weigt and she dresses much much better now!
And for normal thiness is also question of health! Remember the famous pictures of Beatrice on the beach! So young and so heavy! How it would be in 25 years? With the age you always gain weight because metabolism starts not to work very well, so if you start at 20 with overweight..... Heart problems, cholesterol and diabete are not funny things...

Last edited:
Beatrice is now slimmer and it is so easier for her to be dressed! A simple dress from Zara is enough! In the wedding she was perfect! (out of the hat!!)
Kate is soo stylish also because she can wear EVERYTHING, simple lines are flattering a good shape, but a very heavy shape like Eugenie can not fit into simple classical lines.

It's true that clothes look best on tall, slim girls like Kate, but everyone does not have that body type!
Even if Beatrice were to diet to wraith-like proportions, she would never have the model figure that Kate does. But how many women do?

Every woman has figure flaws; the thing to do is to learn to dress to accentuate the good points.

Mystery .... who fed the DM "nice pills"? It's good to be nice but they seem to be either nasty or overly nice. How about trying for civilized????

ETA .... my point is ... is this just a license for really, really nasty tomorrow?

The Daily Mail has a story about Bea being allowed to take her boyfriend to the Holyrood wedding of Zara and Mike.

Kate Middleton: Sophie gets a trainer to keep up with younger royals | Mail Online

1. There is nothing wrong w Sophie's figure and IF this story is true, it's ridiculous. She's a woman in her mid forties who has had two children. Most women in her circumstances never can go back to their 20s pre-babies shape, and there's no need to. She appears fit and healthy and to try and "keep up" with women nearly half her age is insane.

2. Dave's invite to Zara's wedding is a telling sign the RF has accepted him as a serious suitor. I wouldn't be surprised if an engagement is forthcoming in a year or two.

That's the best I've seen her look in a bikini. Good job, Beatrice! I hope she is just eating healthy and working out and that she won't lose too much weight. From her build, she seems to be the naturally curvy type. I hope she takes her mother's Weight Watchers advice and accepts her body as the gift that it is. We've all seen too many public figures fall prey to eating disorders and I'd hate to see that happen to Bea or any young lady discussed on these boards.

Since the Cambridge wedding, things seem to be going Princess Beatrice's way; she made a success out of the wedding "hat" fiasco and has made many lovely fashion choices since then with a few mistakes in between. She gets her degree soon and her boyfriend has been invited to Zara's wedding. Princess Bea is going to take a hold of her own life and I think we will all enjoy watching her in the months to come.

I've always thought Bea is beautiful young woman. I'm glad she's looking well & happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom