Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe William went to Chile before he started University.

Yes he did - but my point was that he did that on his 'gap' year and if Beatrice was to take another 'gap' year or even six months doing something like that would not get the same negative press as just holidaying around the world.

In other words it would depend on what she did whether or not another period of time away from whatever work she is going to do for the rest of her life can be justified.

Yes he did - but my point was that he did that on his 'gap' year and if Beatrice was to take another 'gap' year or even six months doing something like that would not get the same negative press as just holidaying around the world.

In other words it would depend on what she did whether or not another period of time away from whatever work she is going to do for the rest of her life can be justified.

I agree Iluvbertie, and hopefully she will put her time to good use and do something worthwhile if she does take a year out.
If that what she decides I can see her spending time a good deal of her time with both her parents, getting very involved in Sarah's Children in Crisis, and if/when the circumstances are right joining Andrew on some engagements to see what it is he does.
It's a difficult one because as has been pointed out, if she doesn't work people will regard her as a spoilt layabout, if she does work the media will say she only got it because of her connections, and there will be criticism because she will have taken a job that so many other people need badly. Even genuine, well intentioned charity work might be seen as just a PR stunt.

Last edited:
I agree Iluvbertie, and hopefully she will put her time to good use and do something worthwhile if she does take a year out.
If that what she decides I can see her spending time a good deal of her time with both her parents, getting very involved in Sarah's Children in Crisis, and if/when the circumstances are right joining Andrew on some engagements to see what it is he does.
It's a difficult one because as has been pointed out, if she doesn't work people will regard her as a spoilt layabout, if she does work the media will say she only got it because of her connections, and there will be criticism because she will have taken a job that so many other people need badly. Even genuine, well intentioned charity work might be seen as just a PR stunt.

Unfortunately it won't matter what Beatrice does she won't get any credit for it as the media simply enjoy destroying her family and the public go along with it.

Even if she worked 150 hours a week for charity she would be criticised as doing it for PR and not because she cared.

Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Dave Clark attended the engagement
party of Virgin boss Richard Branson's daughter Holly, who will marry her Fred
Andrews in November, April 21, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

^ Both girls look good! Beatrice has a very sweet expression on her face on these pics. Thank you Iceflower!

As I saw pictures of Princess Beatrice's hat, all the bows on the headpiece made me think of Little Bo Peep goes to Royal Wedding. I'm not saying this to be insulting or disrespectful to her which was not my intent. This nursery rhyme popped into my head when I saw her walk into the church.

When Princess Beatrice gets married, it will be interesting to see her wedding dress as it will probably not be traditional (which is a good thing).

Last edited:
What a shame that Sebastian from Disney's The Little Mermaid attacked Beatrice's head and went along to the Wedding. If it wasn't for that....that...thing on top of her head and the overdone eye makeup, Beatrice would have looked good on Friday. The actual outift is nice and suits her colour wise.

Truly a shame.

I must say I do feel sorry for Beatrice in the wake of all the hat ridicule. I think she has a tendancy towards unusual, "fun" hats - remember the butterfly hat? (just type "beatrice butterfly hat" into google if you need a reminder).

To be fair, I thought the Butterfly hat was really interesting and a great statement - this latest one was not as successful, and I guess one problem is that this was too huge and worldwide an event at which to experiment in front of an audience of millions.

But I would also suggest that she does seem to get this kind of criticism / ridicule to an extent that other Royals don't (as does Eugenie). And they never seem to get credit when they do get it right - for example, both girls looked wonderful at the evening reception.

I know the hat criticism is meant to be harmless fun, but I don't think it'll come across that way to her. I'm concerned that it all just feeds into the mean-spirited, nasty media atmosphere that seems to surround the York girls, and they really don't deserve it.

Sorry, if they can't get it right by themselves, they need to have an advisor to help them. In this instance, the criticism was not out of line.

Sorry, if they can't get it right by themselves, they need to have an advisor to help them. In this instance, the criticism was not out of line.
I agree. Come on, you can't tell me Pss Beatrice is so unawares as to realize the hat was too big and too distracting. You don't have to be a fashion guru to figure that one out. It's a shame 'cuz otherwise I think her outfit was great and her look was great.

As I said elsewhere are we sure that they don't have an adviser (and I don't mean their mother).

In addition - they would have been seen by a number of members of the RF before they got into the cars - surely someone there could have told Beatrice to take off the hat and quickly put together some flowers to go with her dress.

Have any photos from the after party been released? I mean aside from the one with Bea in sneakers and the in the cars. From the small looks, Eugenie looked amazing in red.

In addition - they would have been seen by a number of members of the RF before they got into the cars - surely someone there could have told Beatrice to take off the hat and quickly put together some flowers to go with her dress.

For that wedding I doubt anything would be accepted if it was not done with time and care. I think it was a situation where they said, "Your call."

I actually feel sorrier for Eugenie in a way. At least the only boo boo Beatrice made was the horrific hat. Eugenie's look over all was far worse, but then again, if you're going to wear Vivian Westwood who usually makes Helena Bonham-Carter look like a joke on the Red Carpet, then...

They are legally adults and they have made their own decisions on the clothing and hats they wear. No one else apparently influences their decisions or this could be their way of rebelling against tradition by wearing hats that are unusual looking or ones people will never forget. Perhaps they don't realize that this is what might motivate them to do so, perhaps they do. Some of the hats I've seen I've liked. Loved the butterfly hat that Beatrice wore in the past (this hat would have matched Eugenie's blue dress).

As for parents trying to influence their children's wardrobe, forget about it. I went to a church service with orange tights and black fishnet stockings on top of them and a white knit dress. My shoes were black. I wasn't living at home at the time. My grandmother took one look at me with a look of horror, shook her head and sat at far away from me as she could. My mother glanced over to me with a look of horror on her face and then sat as far away from me as possible. Everyone else looked at me and I know people talked about it. Sad to say but at the time, this is exactly what I wanted. Shock value.

When I went to my grandmother house for Sunday dinner, I got an ear full from both mother and grandmother about what was I thinking going into a church dressed like that and now everyone in the church would be talking about me, them and everyone else in our family.

Sometimes I honestly wonder if they choose hats and sometimes clothes as a joke.:ermm:

TNo one else apparently influences their decisions or this could be their way of rebelling against tradition by wearing hats that are unusual looking or ones people will never forget.

I went to a church service with orange tights and black fishnet stockings on top of them and a white knit dress. My shoes were black. I wasn't living at home at the time. My grandmother took one look at me with a look of horror, shook her head and sat at far away from me as she could. My mother glanced over to me with a look of horror on her face and then sat as far away from me as possible. Everyone else looked at me and I know people talked about it. Sad to say but at the time, this is exactly what I wanted. Shock value.
LMAO!!!!! Can you imagine HM reacting that way to Pss B's hat?!

Princess Beatrice attended the second night of the Tomodachi Charity Dinners hosted by Chef
Nobu Matsuhisa to benefit the Japan disaster appeal at Nobu Berkeley on May 5, 2011 in London.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Since royals don't show emotion or avoid showing emotion, it would be hard to tell what they thought of what people wore to the royal wedding. I don't think anyone really crossed any lines which one could say was unacceptable (as far as dress or even hats go). They would know if they did.

I think if someone had come into the church at the royal wedding dressed like I was at church outrageous dress which was mismatched with no hat (I've never worn a hat in church), it probably would be extremely difficult for someone royal or non-royal not to react as my outfit was way over the top. No one at the royal wedding dressed or came close to how I dressed at a church service many many years ago.

At the very least someone would have said something privately about it. That would be one way to assure that one (especially a non-family member) would never be invited to a royal event again.

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark leaving Nobu in Mayfair, London on May 5th, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Thanks, Ice.
I think Pss B looks fabulous in these photos.

You're most welcome, Bella :flowers:

Here's another nice appearance, I like Bea's look and Dave is also looking more
and more attractive the older he gets..:)

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark at the engagement party for Petra
Ecclestone and James Stunt, Battersea Power Station, London, May 6, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Very nice, Ice.

I think that color is very flattering on Pss B. She looks fantastic since dropping a few pounds and it's inspiring that she has managed to keep it off. They look like a very elegant couple in those photos. Thanks for posting.

This red outfit looks great on Bea. The colour really suits her and she has a great figure.

Finally. A dress that is smart and flattering! THIS is how Bea should be dressing. The color, the fit, the right length. Her hair and makeup look wonderful, as well. I hope she keeps this up.. Two thumbs up! :)

Princess Beatrice looks beautiful in that red dress! (And yes, Dave is cute too.) Beatrice often looks nice in pictures when she's out with Dave - why did she have to pick the royal wedding, of all occasions, to experiment and choose an awful hat?

She also looks so much better since losing weight and has a nice figure. I'm not sure what she is doing to stay slimmer, but she looks good, so I hope she keeps it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom