Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark watch as Richard Branson
prepares to Kite Surf across the English Channel on August 24, 2010
in Dungeness, England.
Richard Branson is making the attempt to become the oldest person
to Kite-surf across the English Channel to celebrate his 60th birthday.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

Daily Mail article:

** Loyal Bea turns up to support boyfriend Dave Clark... but his attempt to kite-board Channel with Richard Branson is a washout **

I think too that they can be more relaxed together in the open as a couple because the press and the world isn't going to go on a binge predicting a royal wedding the first time they're caught smooching. There's not been one hint of a rumor of a wedding yet if I recall... that's the perks of being royal but not THAT royal. :whistling:''

One bad photo of Kate glowering because of something.. could be the weather, could be PMS.. could be the press showing up.. she's glowering at Wills for someting says the press and they're splitsville. Bea and Dave aren't subject to that.. the press has more fun with her mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another reason why no discussion of a wedding would be her age - she is only just 22 after all.
If she is still with Dave in three years I would expect the press to be predicting wedding bells then or even possibly next year after she finishes uni but not now while she is still at uni.

Some people have been saying that Beatrice will marry before William, and I can see why they would think that.

I can see her marrying next of the Queen's grandchildren actually as William has his SAR stuff and Harry has to actually establish himself in the army yet and Zara has the 2012 Olympics to aim for and then the 2016 ones while Mike still has at least one World Cup in his sights.

That being said I don't see her marrying for at least another three or four years.

Some people have been saying that Beatrice will marry before William, and I can see why they would think that.

I can see it too.. could even elope ovenight and it'd be what.. a three day sensation.

I do have to admit to something here... as weird as it sounds.. but when I first heard the name Dave Clark as a bf of Bea's... I thought woah.. flashback to the Dave Clark 5 of the 60s

Whatever happens.. I'll um.. be glad all over.

Last edited:
Of course unlike the rest of us an elopement won't lead to a legal marriage. Until Beatrice is 25 she must have the monarch's permission to marry and after that either the monarch's or the parliament's.

Beatrice and Dave always look so good together; they appear to be a close and affectionate couple. You just don't get this feeling with William and Kate.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/25/article-1306107-0AE5E74D000005DC-880_306x423.jpg

I'm really liking them as a couple too, more every time I see them. Beatrice and Dave seem so peaceful together, like they just get along really well without any conflict. You never hear rumours of drama between them or that they've broken up. It contrasts with Harry and even William's break-ups with their girlfriends.

I can see Beatrice marrying Dave when she is 25. Especially because he is significantly older--27 or 28 now? and he seems to have a secure and well-paying job. He seems like he would be at a point in life where he would be thinking about marriage soon. The other thing is that with the constant criticism of Beatrice and Eugenie's lifestyle and now Sarah's debt, marriage might provide Beatrice with a kind of security. Since Dave seems pretty well-off, if she married him, he could be seen as the one providing for her lifestyle rather than the taxpayer.

I think that Beatrice's father covers her expenses now, and his expenses are covered by HM. The exception would be protection officers when/if Princess Beatrice performs royal duties, clothes for official foreign visits, and renovations made to publicly-owned buildings where she lives.:flowers:

Since Dave seems pretty well-off, if she married him, he could be seen as the one providing for her lifestyle rather than the taxpayer.

Hi Osipi,

Loved your quote that you would be "glad all over". I remember the song. And like you when I heard Bea's BF's name, the first thing I thought of was the Dave Clark 5.

Princess Beatrice has come a long way since unflattering photos of her in an ill-fitting bikini went around the world.

In a little over two years, she has lost a stone and a half and run the London marathon.
Now those achievements have been matched by the accolade of being ranked alongside Hollywood darling Jennifer Aniston in a survey to find the world’s ‘hottest bikini body’.

Read more: Meet the royal Bea-kini babe: The Queen's granddaughter has the fourth 'hottest bikini body' in the world | Mail Online

It'll have to wait till later today, as it's very early AM where I am and I really should have been in bed a couple of hours ago. So I'll have to wait to look at the Mail Online's version of this article. Anyway...About that poll, Beatrice worked hard to attain that body she's got right now. While I do a half hour on a Stationary Recumbent Bike and then another half hour on an Ellipitical Machine here in the basement every night, unless I've gotten home from a trip like tonight or something else that popped up, it's one thing to have the disclipine to work out inside.

Beatrice did the majority of hers in the very early morning and outdoors regardless of the weather IIRC. Now the disclipine to do that, plus the fact she took the commitment to take part in the Cattapiller World Record attempt for the London Marathon so seriously, just so impresses the heck out me. Sure, it's just a silly poll, but Beatrice *earned* that spot by hard work. Good for her!!

I'll join the Beatrice and Dave Fan Club. I can't put my finger on it, but it's the same feel I get w/Zara and Mike and also Edward and Sophie. The only way I can describe is, that it's like they've known each other far longer than they have. If that makes any sense. They just oooze such a deep and loving bond, but they're also each other's best friend too.

It wouldn't shock me if they or Zara and Mike are the next ones of this Generation to marry, but as rmay286 Iluvbertie both stated the reasons why in their respective posts so very well, not for a couple of years at the least.

You know what I admire about Beatrice?

Before she did the marathon running in the spring, she was by her own admission someone who didn't like exercise and wasn't into physical activity. But not only did she train for the London Marathon in the spring, but it looks like she's kept it up, both the weight loss and the physical fitness. That actually takes a lot of discipline and dedication. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it...well, not unless someone dragged me outside to the track every morning.:lol:

Well good for her. That's a lot more than Russo could do and she's doing it for a good cause.

I think that Beatrice shows determination and grit. She's also a great example to follow for those of us who should be more active; i.e. yours truly.:flowers:

You know what I admire about Beatrice?

. But not only did she train for the London Marathon in the spring, but it looks like she's kept it up, both the weight loss and the physical fitness. That actually takes a lot of discipline and dedication.

Beautiful! I can't believe she has lost so much weight and gained depth of beauty. For some reason it looks as if she's taller. In any event I congratulate her on her athleticism and looking just fine. I can't believe how beautiful she is. Quite the looks.

And rmay286 one of the best things I've ever purchased was a treadmill where I can run or walk at any given instant and enables me to find an avenue to achieving the exercise I can handle and feeling truly alive and healthy. I recommend of all things that to staying as healthy as you'd like.

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attended The Art for Bhopal charity auction
held by Tatler, Simon de Pury and Hamish McAlpine, held at Phillips de Pury &
Company, London, October 11, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attended The Art for Bhopal charity auction
held by Tatler, Simon de Pury and Hamish McAlpine, held at Phillips de Pury &
Company, London, October 11, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Its okay to show up for a charity event and have yourselves pictured, but I query how much Beatrice and Dave know about the victims of Bhopal and their lives over the last 25 years?

:previous:

Just reading the word "Bhopal" gave me a spine tingling flashback.
I'm wondering how many people in their age group would know the horror that happened 25 years ago in Bhopal India?

:previous:

Just reading the word "Bhopal" gave me a spine tingling flashback.
I'm wondering how many people in their age group would know the horror that happened 25 years ago in Bhopal India?

Exactly my point.

Its okay to show up for a charity event and have yourselves pictured, but I query how much Beatrice and Dave know about the victims of Bhopal and their lives over the last 25 years?

Considering the horror that occurred I very much doubt she'd be allowed to attend something like that without being given, at the very least, the hard numbers. Imagine her being asked a question and not knowing the basics of the tragedy?

Can I just ask what the "Bhopal Tragedy" is? I'm younger then Beatrice and Dave so I don't understand what happened.
But I understand your points.

:previous:The Bhopal disaster (also referred to as the Bhopal gas tragedy) is the world's worst industrial catastrophe. It occurred on the night of December 2–3, 1984 at the Union Carbide India Limited (UCIL) pesticide plant in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. A leak of methyl isocyanate (MIC) gas and other chemicals from the plant resulted in the exposure of several thousands of people. Estimates vary on the death toll. The official immediate death toll was 2,259 and the government of Madhya Pradesh has confirmed a total of 3,787 deaths related to the gas release.[1] Other government agencies estimate 15,000 deaths.[2] Others estimate that 8,000 died within the first weeks and that another 8,000 have since died from gas-related diseases.[3][4] A government affidavit in 2006 stated the leak caused 558,125 injuries including 38,478 temporary partial and approximately 3,900 severely and permanently disabling injuries.[5]

Here is the link regarding the tragedy Bhopal disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

----------------------

It was a terrible tragedy but let's give Beatrice and Dave the benefit of the doubt. Also, I wasn't born during WWII and the Holocaust but it doesn't mean that I am not touched what happened to the people who died and survived.

And you can insert any other worldwide tragedy that has happened in recent years. A person can read about it long after it happened, be affected by it and it can motivate people to hep the survivors. A person can read about AIDS, homelessness, drugs etc. It doesn't mean that that have had personal experience with AIDS, etc but they can still be touched by the issue and decide to do something.

Last edited:
Let's give them the benefit of the doubt, shall we? And hope that somebody on HM's team clued them in.

One thing the royal family does very well is brief its members on the issues surrounding the events they are involved in so I would expect that Beatrice was well informed about this event. She is also studying history and thus I would expect her to have the skills to do some basic personal research about something like this before going to an event designed to assist the victims. It was a charity auction. How many people go to a charity event without knowing what the charity is about.

Can I just ask what the "Bhopal Tragedy" is? I'm younger then Beatrice and Dave so I don't understand what happened.

I didn't know what the Bhopal Tragedy was either, so thanks everyone for the information.

But if I were invited to a charity event to help Bhopal, I would be curious about what the Bhopal disaster was and would look it up. Wouldn't most of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom