Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 12: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read on another royal forum that Her Majesty the Queen requested that Beatrice have a less ostentatious celebration for her 21st birthday in contrast to her 18th. I just read the info and can't verify if true.:ermm:

I've read on another royal forum that Her Majesty the Queen requested that Beatrice have a less ostentatious celebration for her 21st birthday in contrast to her 18th. I just read the info and can't verify if true.:ermm:

I do remember reading that Beatrice specifically requested the "big party" for her 18th rather than her 21st because of the significance of the "8" in her actual birth date -- 8/8/88

It's a shame the press made such a fuss over the celebrations. It would have been nice for the Princess to mark her 21st in style.
I do think Beatrice looks amazing in the Mail on Sunday story...

On Saturday, one of the unluckiest people in Britain celebrated her 21st birthday. On the face of it, she is in a position many of us would envy. Although her parents are divorced, they are still close. Moreover, she has lived a life of luxury, hob-nobbing with the rich and famous, even having her student flat done up – at the taxpayer's expense – at a cost of £256,000.

Pity poor Beatrice for being a princess - Telegraph

On Saturday, one of the unluckiest people in Britain celebrated her 21st birthday. On the face of it, she is in a position many of us would envy. Although her parents are divorced, they are still close. Moreover, she has lived a life of luxury, hob-nobbing with the rich and famous, even having her student flat done up – at the taxpayer's expense – at a cost of £256,000.

Pity poor Beatrice for being a princess - Telegraph

thanks for the link Skydragon. I read the article and am in agreement with the empathetic tone. When one reads comments on from readers of the Mail on Sunday article it's hard not to be depressed by the disrespectful and envious tone of comments.
Princess Beatrice is a young, attractive 21 year old simply trying to find her place in a society obsessed with the lives of vacuous celebrities.
It's a pity we don't seem to have respect for Royalty but are determined to judge them alongside tabloid celebs.
I don't think any of the Royals can win - they can't do right for doing right ( if that makes any sense...)

E! did a special on young royals one time and one of the "experts" said that The Queen agrees to throw one lavish birthday party for her grandchildren, either an 18th or a 21st. Could be wrong but it's out there...

In one of those telegraph articles I noticed this...

She has been voted one of the five least-trusted members of the Royal family

What's that about?! LOL

Is Beatrice continuing her studies in fashion design(?),if I'm not mistaken?

History?That is quite a surprise.I could never imagine Beatrice choosing to study something like that.Do you think it was imposed on her,because of her position?

The History of Ideas at Goldsmiths is a three-year course which combines the broader study of history with a more specific focus on the nature of ideas and their role in history.

Princess Beatrice arrives for her first morning lectures - Telegraph

The flame-haired Royal has decided to take up a place to study textiles and design at Goldsmiths College in London

Read more: Princess Beatrice takes up place at London university - to stay close to her American boyfriend | Mail Online

:flowers: Take your pick. :flowers:

Thanks a lot,dear Skydragon!I would also love to read more about that American boyfriend.Let's see...

...Ok,I'm back.Dave Clark:too cute for my taste,but ok for Beatrice.She looked really good in the pic,btw.

I really like Beatrice, but again: this dress :nonono: I hope, her studies will inspire her for better outfits. ;)

Considering how the British press love to criticise the Yorks is it any wonder that the public are so catty.

The way the British press carry it is a wonder the British royals don't just say 'stuff you have a president and seen how much that will cost'

Her parents would pay for her clothes, meaning that the Queen would be footing the bill as Andrew is supported by his mother not the taxpayers (his civil list payments are reimbursed by the Queen).

The comments section and the articles seem to spur each other on as far as the Yorks are concerned.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Courtesy of Belga.:flowers:

Princess Beatrice with her sister attended the final of the Copa De Oro at Santa Maria Polo Club, Sotogrande, Spain together with their mother Sarah Duchess of York (31/08/2009).:)

BelgaPicture - Category details

Thank you for the link,Queen of the Light!The girls look really good & happy.
I'm afraid I can't say the same thing about Sarah.She looks aged in these pics.

How awful, porr Beatrice she had to be humilated like one of us for a change.:flowers:
History?That is quite a surprise.I could never imagine Beatrice choosing to study something like that.Do you think it was imposed on her,because of her position?
I doubt it was because of her position, she doesn't really have one. Why is History a surprise? :)

I agree Melina, she does appear to have aged about 10 years. Her daughters look fair better. :flowers:

First of all, Beatrice does has a position. Her position is #5 in line for the British throne. Considering that both William and Harry have a desire to serve in the British Armed Forces, anything can happen to them. So the concept of Queen Beatrice is not totally crazy. Most likely, as they marry and have kids she will fall further and further down the line.

In regards to Sarah, for goodness sake...she looks like a woman who is 49! Older woman really can't win.... if they age naturally they are criticized for aging (and shown on the pages of magazines and newspapers as if they committed a crime) and if they attempt to stop the aging process they are criticized for trying to look young and not aging gracefully. She looks exactly how she is supposed to look...a 49 year old woman who has most likely spent too much time in the sun.

On another note...Beatrice does look good. I do wish she cut her hair though...not to short...but just to see how it looks.

Last edited:
I agree with Zonk... I'd rather see a woman age naturally than one made completely out of plastic (ie: Joan Rivers). Sarah looks fine! She's a woman whose had 2 great kids. As for Beatrices credit card and the catty comments on the Daily Mail... give the poor girl a break. Royals are people too and they aren't spared from anything.

:previous:

I agree. It was maybe the best outfit in which I ever saw Beatrice. It flattered her figure so much and was simply elegant, she looked stunning.

As for Sarah - yeah, she turns 50 this October. She doesn't look that bad (IMO I sometimes think because of her outfits and hairstylings she looks today far better than twenty years ago :D).

I'm afraid I can't say the same thing about Sarah.She looks aged in these pics.
Yes, well some of us don't always look as fresh as a daisy--or your avi. This is what happens when you AGE. :D Love the avi BTW. . .

At Sotogrande Princess Beatrice showed a bit more than
she had planned to ;) Here's a pic of her and her sister
(with Sarah in the background as well) ---> Pic

As they wore different clothes from the ones in the gallery
posted by queenofthelight and the pics in Sarah's thread,
it seems to have been another day. Maybe August 30.

I have to say, Princess Beatrice looks fabulous in this black cocktail gown. It's one of her best looks. She's stunning.

I couldn't agree more, Janet. It really flatters her figure. Her waist is so small!

Well she certainly has some nice legs. No doubt inherited from her mother.:whistling:

At Sotogrande Princess Beatrice showed a bit more than
she had planned to ;) Here's a pic of her and her sister
(with Sarah in the background as well) ---> Pic

How embarassing, and people are saying Kate needs 'royal' lessons

Sarah has said in interviews that Beatrice is "reading history" so I think the article about her studying the "History of Ideas" is the right one. Maybe she used to want to study fashion design, but I'm pretty sure she is actually studying history.

The photographer should be ashamed of himself--that was so inappropriate!:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom