Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 12: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the £250,000 isn't a quantified figure, but a guestimate by a source? Does the amount include one-time hard costs, such as security camera/alarm that don't need to be changed every year?

This is the sort of whipped up outrage I am callling into question. It just seems incredible that if the stories were about William and Harry, more people tend to question a source such as The Daily Mail. Yet, if the stories were about the Yorks, they were taken at face value as honest journalism.

For all the posts upset about my observation on Sarah, I never said she was always slim and stylish. She had her ups and downs. When she looked really good, the press still picks out the worst shot of her to put on the front page.

You had my vote all along, Bella, until you got to the last sentence! She can't catch a break because she happens to be just a wee bit over-weight?? She IS, but what does her weight have to do with this discussion! She just doesn't get it!!! She is clueless. Case Closed.
I was staying in the vein that the media seems to be "out to get" her. I think one of ways they seem not to take her seriously is be continuing to print very unflattering photos of a girl who def. does have issues w weight. If they respected her or even liked her you know they wouldn't print those photos. They get alot of photos submitted from the papps (and probably their own people). Not all of them are terrible. If they wanted, they could print photos that make her look stylish and pretty. She's not an unattractive girl. But instead all we tend to see are photos of her looking half-cocked or with some horsey grin or looking very big.

So the £250,000 isn't a quantified figure, but a guestimate by a source? Does the amount include one-time hard costs, such as security camera/alarm that don't need to be changed every year?
I don't think the figure included anything other than the PPO's, after all the chap quoted was an ex cheif, so presumably he would know.
This is the sort of whipped up outrage I am callling into question. It just seems incredible that if the stories were about William and Harry, more people tend to question a source such as The Daily Mail. Yet, if the stories were about the Yorks, they were taken at face value as honest journalism.
There were at the time many more media outlets carrying the story, which is why I put "one of the many". I just haven't had the time to seek them all out. :flowers:

Well said, Bella, but unfortunately, the papps would be hard-pressed to find pics of Beatrice looking pretty, much less stylish! Yes, she can look attractive when dressed properly but it is so far between times when she Does, imho. She needs desperately to dress according to her figure rather then trying to dress trendy. She cannot help having those big eyes or the huge, rather toothy grin for certain; that's just Bea! :)

This from The Telegraph -
Dai Davies, a retired chief superintendent, said: "Given the pressures on security and policing budgets, I believe it is a gross abuse of taxpayers' money for Beatrice and Eugenie to receive this level of protection."
Another security source said that the cost of salaries, overtime, travel, hotel bills and other expenses for bodyguards was "phenomenal

Cost of protecting princesses questioned - Telegraph

Labourhome » Value for Money in the Monarchy?

There are quite a few, but all quote Dai Davies (named) or unnamed sources.
:flowers:

I've been checking on Dai Davies' credential. It seems surprising, and inappropriate, for the former head of Royal Protection Squad to comment on his former charges.

Towards the end of the "Cost of protecting princesses questioned" there is a quote from a "friend" of Sarah and Andrew's who is quoted as saying:
"Beatrice does not lead a hedonistic lifestyle - she is a sensible, conscientious and hard-working girl."

:rolleyes:Hmmmm........ sensible? :eek:hard-working? Is somebody pulling my leg here? :confused: Something's off here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I missed a part here?
Beatrice and hard-working? Naah..

I've been checking on Dai Davies' credential. It seems surprising, and inappropriate, for the former head of Royal Protection Squad to comment on his former charges.
Absolutely. Very unprofessional. I'd think twice about hiring someone like this.

I think I missed a part here?
Beatrice and hard-working? Naah..
I think she must of worked quite hard at school considering she suffers from a learning disability, I believe that Sarah has said many times how proud she is of her daughter for how hard she worked and how well she did. She is just a university student at the moment, perhaps we should give the girl a chance to finish her education before labelling her as lazy.

I'm afraid all I can find for him, is that he was in charge of the RP unit for many years, so who better to speak out, once retired from the position. Had he still been employed in the job, then it could be deemed inappropriate, IMO.:flowers:

Well said, Sky, and interesting as well. I didn't realize that he's retired so who better than he to speak out , so to speak. :) I, for one, have to admire the PO's for doing a job that, in my mind, isn't a particularly pleasent(?) one.

If I remember the results properly didn't she actually get better results than William?

She received A levels in Drama (A), History (B) and Film Studies (B) compared to William's Art (B) and Geography (D).

She also has dyslexia, which is a clearly identified learning difficulty.

As a teacher I believe that she has obviously had to work very hard to achieve the results that she did.

Since leaving school she has had a gap year (like many other kids) and then has been at uni so the only real chance she has to indicate that she has the ability to do hard work is through academic results and they indicate that she has been hardworking.

On the evidence that we have it isn't fair to say that she isn't hard-working.

When she has finished her degree and then spends her time on holidays, falling out of bars etc and doing nothing else then that criticism might be fair but that is a couple of years away yet.

i agree with you completely here. I fell that lately people are just criticizing Beatrice with no just evidence. They dont know her personally and i think it is unfair to label her as lazy or whatever.
The only times we see beatrice is when she goes out to party, yet that does not mean that she parties more than she should. I find this whole issue is ridiculous. It seems that we have moved on from criticizing her choice of clothes, to criticizing her going out too much.

Drama? Film studies? Goodness how very difficult. She has been consistently late going to her classes (or so I have read but I Don't believe everything I read,) but is always seemingly on time at her "clubs". I just fail to see why it is going to take a 'couple of years' for her to realize that she is a HRH and Not just a regular girl. She has been brought up her Entire life knowing that she Is Not! I am sorry but I just don't get it.... Evidently neither does she.

Pics 29.1.2009

Dave Clark and Princess Beatrice leave Beach Blanket
Babylon on January 29, 2009 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

If I remember the results properly didn't she actually get better results than William?
William received an A grade in geography, a B in history of art and a C in biology in his A levels.

BBC NEWS | Education | Prince William makes the grade

The criticism of Bea does not relate to her time at school. It is what she might have achieved in her gap year, and how frequently she is seen eating or drinking at expensive bars and restaurants in central London in term time weekdays.

It's not the nightclubs that is interesting but the people she hopes to meet - that's at least what I think on recalling my youth. There seem to be a "hole" in the princess when it comes to making friends.

when its a friday night, thats what people do. They go out, have a few drinks. I think what people are getting upset about is the fact that they believe that the girls are spending tax payers money during this recession!
doesnt the duchess make her own money?

Well the duchess isn´t paying for their security, the tax payers are.

The taxpayers would be paying for their security on a Friday night whether they were in a club, a hospital, an orphanage, a palace, a brothel or a nunnery.

The taxpayers would be paying for their security on a Friday night whether they were in a club, a hospital, an orphanage, a palace, a brothel or a nunnery.

That is the whole point, paying for their security, all the time, whether they are going for a holiday, having a night out or whatever they please to do, there are these security personnel standing around and having to be paid for standing around.

William received an A grade in geography, a B in history of art and a C in biology in his A levels.
That makes more sense as I am sure that that was what I read when William's results came out but the article I read about Bea's results had those for William (when they are actually Harry's).

However all the articles still say that Bea's results were better than William's based on her two As and a B to his one A, one B and one C.

You are Absolutely correct, Russo! One never knows... (Thank goodness you're back!) :)
Oh just busy busy though I missed all of you! :flowers:
I think a lot of it has to do with the parents behavior, like you said, Udy, in numerous posts: as the twig is bent, so grows the tree.
(Sorry I'm not witty enough this evening. I think Russo needs some wine. . . . :wine: It is Friday after all! )

"As the twig is bent, so grows the tree"?? LOVE your take on the old adage! I said it in numerous posts but Never as witty as you put it.

That's so true, Skydragon. It might not be "fair", but it's true. :flowers:

The difference being that, sexist as it may be, they are girls. Bad enough to see William and Harry staggering out of nightclubs but with girls it is so much worse.

To a certain extent, I must agree with the idea that "Trudeaumania" didn't end with that first election that Pierre Elliott Trudeau won.:flowers:

:lol: I am glad to see both of you share my opinions.

But, you have to admit that the Kennedys are seen (by some) as the American version of royalty, and the Trudeaus (albeit in a much lesser sense than the Queen or even the Kennedys) as Canada's elite family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom