Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 12: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least she found her pet dog I read. She also had the misfortune, if I'm correct, of losing her cat. Sounds like a bad turn of events and I hope all gets better for her. She can easily replace her car. I hope she gets a car she really likes when she goes shopping for one. I'd recommend a porsche if high end models aren't off the question. I wonder what kind of car we all here would like to see her in. Any suggestions? Hope she finds her kitten soon. And I'm glad her pooch was found. Good heavens.

I'd recommend a Smart Fortwo, tiny enough for big cities :D :previous::ROFLMAO:
And sorry to hear that she has lost another pet ...

Don't they install tracking devices on such high-end vehicles?

I doubt that it would be a guilty secret to Bea's friends or family that she's a 'twit'! It seems to be common knowledge that she is lacking common sense. Why does she need a "tracking device" when she has a protection officer with her? (On the other hand, WHY does she need a PO to keep track of her??) :) Just a thought.

A tracking device built into the car, like the one referred to, has nothing to do with whether a person has a protection officer with her. Think about that:

Why does she need a "tracking device" [in a car] when she has a protection officer with her?
emphasis added

That statement doesn't make logical sense. The protection officer is with her, not with the car.

Correct!! Why then are they blaming the PO for Her lack of judgement in leaving the keys in and the doors unlocked? He is not in charge of the car.

Well, I'll take a stab at this. Perhaps the point is that the Protection Officer, which costs 250,000 pounds yearly, should have exercised a bit of common sense in dealing with his charge. Honestly--this man is PAID to protect her--even from herself if need be, from doing something incredibly stupid, like, oh, I don't know--maybe leaving her keys in the car and then having the car stolen? I personally question his lack of judgement and I certainly question hers. This whole debate of him having to make a split second decision is silly. What about Bea's responsibility? Why should she think she just jump out of her car and leave this PO (who costs taxpayers a great deal of money, by the way) forcing him to have to make a decision about her safety or her car? The fact that she thinks she can do indicates to me that the child, yes I said child because only a child would do something so childish as to do something without thinking of consequences such as having the car stolen, needs a heavy handed PO. Frankly, I do feel the overall responsibility was hers but he is not guilt free, either.

Perhaps not, Janet. But I still feel that Bea just does not think! She just takes for granted that everything will be taken care of, no matter what!! She just stops, parks where she pleases, jumps out of the car and leaves the PO to do the same!! That Is What He Is Paid To Do!!! Take Care Of His Charge/Child.
I Totally agree with you and well said, by the way! :)

I can't believe how perfect you all seem to be

Has no one ever forgotten your keys or purse in your car? You have more things to carry than you usually do - you get a phone call - you have something else on your mind. I know I've done it. I've just been lucky that I've never had to pay the price.

Princess Beatrice had a lapse and she is paying the consequences. Being less than perfect is human.

Has no one ever forgotten your keys or purse in your car? You have more things to carry than you usually do - you get a phone call - you have something else on your mind. I know I've done it. I've just been lucky that I've never had to pay the price.

Princess Beatrice had a lapse and she is paying the consequences. Being less than perfect is human.

Point is maybe that she is able to pay the consequences. When I had my first vehicle, a motorbike which I had payed for myself, I took extraordinarily care of it and often walked a distance in order not to park it somewhere where it might have been endangered. And this behaviour formed me: even today when I could more or less afford a different behaviour and its consequence I act like that when I'm in town. Not necessarily in our village, but in town.

Beatrice obviously felt secure all of her life, so didn't grab the keys by instinct or training - probably she just lets them in the car when she stays at St. James's Palace or at the Royal Lodge as both are police patrolled property with entrance gates.

Last edited:
:previous: Well said Jo. I think Beatrice does feel secure and in this case she has just had a wake-up call. :ohmy:

I always did all the "right things", locked and alarmed the car but, after a frightening incident in the wee small hours in the centre of town when I was stopped at the lights, a violent drunk opened my door and tried to pull me out of my car. Right there in front of God and everyone. It scared the hell out of me! :nonono:

Stangely enough I now automatically put on my seatbelt and lock the car door whenever I get in. :graduate:

Mistakes are how we learn. She will have learnt her own lesson and nobody really has to pontificate at length about how she didn't treat it with respect because it was a present, which to the really pious, translates to her not deserving a new car. :hammer:

This is my opinion as well. Had she always been responsible for making sure that her car was secure, this probably wouldn't have happened.:flowers:

Beatrice obviously felt secure all of her life, so didn't grab the keys by instinct or training - probably she just lets them in the car when she stays at St. James's Palace or at the Royal Lodge as both are police patrolled property with entrance gates.

Last edited:
I think it is not only the point of her leaving the keys in her car, it is that she just stopped right outside a shop. I haven´t heard that she was parking her car in a conveniently vacant car space, but perhaps she was.

Honestly--this man is PAID to protect her--even from herself if need be, from doing something incredibly stupid, like, oh, I don't know--maybe leaving her keys in the car and then having the car stolen?

The issue is, no, he is not. He is not there to keep her from doing something incredibly stupid unless it puts her- not her belongings- in imminent harm. He has a job description, and from everything we know about it it does not include protecting her from doing stupid things while she remains safe.

The issue is, no, he is not. He is not there to keep her from doing something incredibly stupid unless it puts her- not her belongings- in imminent harm. He has a job description, and from everything we know about it it does not include protecting her from doing stupid things while she remains safe.

Years back when the Bush-daughters were famous for drinking underage etc., I recall a newspaper article where it said that the parents explicitly asked the security people to watch over their girls, but not to stop them doing anything stupid. Some people take longer to grow up and need to learn by experience. A not so nice way to learn, but sometimes the more efficient one. Let's hope Princess Beatrice has learnt her lesson :cool:

WHY does she need a PO to keep track of her??) :) Just a thought.

According to reports I read in the British press HRH The Duke of York insisted that his daughters should have police protection. Kate Middleton does too but HRH The Prince of Wales pays for that.

Latest report I have read is that Bea is skiing in Verbier

I don't have a PO detail at the cost of 250,000 pounds a year riding around with me, protecting me from all harm either. The point is not that the child did something stupid (which she did) it is that the PO officer should have said something like, "Hey, you left your keys in the car". Perhaps he did, we really don't know. What we do know is that apparently Bea just does not think because she's never really had to (so much for women's lib and taking control of your destiny). Bea needs to spend some time with Zara--who is much more high profile and doesn't want a PO.
Obviously, the PO's job is to ensure that the Princess is safe at all times. I understand and respect that--I mean, she is such a high profile target after all. But, again--taxpayer monies should be an issue here. Now, one could argue that after this event that it is obvious that Bea needs someone to keep her safe because she certainly can't keep herself safe. One could also argue what is the point in paying the PO to protect her if her car gets stolen right from under their noses, literally just feet/meters away. Seriously, doesn't he have some responsibility to make certain the car is secure? Because if he doesn't, as some have indicated, then if he sees a bomb being placed in the car and Bea decides she's going to drive anyway then he has no choice but to blindly follow her.
Hmmmm.....

Last edited:
Oh come on, Janet. Me thinks that you are carrying it abit far here.

Oh come on, Janet. Me thinks that you are carrying it abit far here.

Well, of course I am :lol:! One must prove a point, afterall. But seriously, does anyone seriously think that part of his position is to not secure the car? Let's just think for a moment and look at it this way:
  • Bea has a PO because she needs to be protected from kidnappers,terrorists,etc...
  • The PO has to keep her safe and secure
  • Let's imagine that some questionable person has been following Bea, noting her habits (such as parking illegally and leaving her keys in the car for example) and he sets up a scenario where someone steals her car, creating a diversion and then someone swoops in and attempts to kidnap the Princess.
  • In that type of situation, which is what everyone is suggesting could happen because of her status, in that type of situation would a simple solution to a potentially horrific situation be to simply tell her that lshe eft her keys in the car and then suggest parking legally somewhere? Is that really and truly beyond the boundaries for the PO? I would think that securing the car is one of his responsibilities.

Last edited:
I am sorry, Janet, but I am laughing too hard to even try to make sense out of what you are trying to say!! Shows you what I know...:rolleyes:

I am sorry, Janet, but I am laughing too hard to even try to make sense out of what you are trying to say!! Shows you what I know...:rolleyes:

Now I'm laughing too hard at your post! What a pair we are! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So to put this in a nutshell it seems a good part(or perhaps the main part) of the PO´s job is to think for her.....:whistling::lol:

So to put this in a nutshell it seems a good part(or perhaps the main part) of the PO´s job is to think for her.....:whistling::lol:

I hate to put it like this but I just think that Bea is a silly little girl and has the potential to be a real PR liability for the BRF. The Queen and Charles probably need to put their heads together and decide how best they can prevent the York girls from being a future liability. In the past when people have comokained about her sense of dress and her size I have argued that Bea is very young and needs a little time to find her own two feet, but her behaviour over the last 6-12 months has only proven to me what I had always known!

But, again--taxpayer monies should be an issue here. Now, one could argue that after this event that it is obvious that Bea needs someone to keep her safe because she certainly can't keep herself safe.
:ROFLMAO: We have special schools/homes for that. :ROFLMAO:

I go with common sense. She's old enough to know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom