Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 12: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, i'm all for experimenting and hate to pick on these girls. But, do they have to pick the worst of 80's look?!
Especially when they could have looked FABULOUS with all those Joan Collins shoulder pads and lovely hats she wore in Dynasty. . .*sigh*

I think the point of this type of party is to wear the worst look. :D I know whenever I go to something like this I wear the craziest thing I can that represents the time period. A couple of days ago I went to a party where I was supposed to dress during the time my mother was a teenager, and I wore the craziest thing I could find because, after all, these few decades later everything she wore then looks crazy to me. :lol:

Hi!
Anyone know if pss beatrice and eugenie have spent all Xmas in Sandringham?

Hi!
Anyone know if pss beatrice and eugenie have spent all Xmas in Sandringham?
They were both there for Christmas (see links showing them attending church services w the rest of the RF), however I believe Pss B left earlier than Pss E as she is not mentioned/seen in any of the stories of the following days.

I hope Max comes home... it's too sad to lose your best buddy during the Christmas season.

And I don't remember anyone looking like those girls during the 80s. I remember Joan Collins, Cyndi Lauper (who didn't look that way, even though she was garish!), Boy George, the Miami Vice look, Madonna, etc. I even committed the faux pas of wearing anklets with high heels, just because Diana did it! Didn't occur to me it might not be so appealing on a five footer!

Yeah they could've worn something better for the party.
And I hope her dog comes back, I would be devastated if my dogs disappeared.

Anyways, isn't it time for a new thread?

She must be overjoyed. Two weeks is a long time and I really felt that Max was lost forever. I wonder where he was. .

Maybe Max should be taken to a pet psychic. :lol:

And perhaps HRH should be sure the dog has its collar and tags on.

Maybe Max should be taken to a pet psychic. :lol:

Well, wearing a collar is not always a good idea. A friend of mine who has two dachshunds always takes the collar off when walking trhough the woods (opposed to me, my dachshund has to wear his collar). His reasoning: if they run away and maybe pick up the trail of a fox and follow the fox in his fox-hole, it is safer to be without a collar for it may get caught in some roots hindering the dog to get out again.

Wo I do not know, if Max is running in holes, too, but this might have been a reason to keep the collar off.

I thought Max slipped out of his collar. My dog has slipped out of his on occasion. Dogs are pretty good at this kind of thing. Another trick my dog has it to give a big swallow when he gets his monthly worm pill and then spit it out about half an hour later. Never underestimate a dog.

:flowers:Yes here in the UK, all dogs must wear a collar when in a public place.
Under the Control of Dogs Order 1992, every dog while on a public highway or in a public place, shall wear a collar with the name and address of the owner inscribed on the collar or on a plate or badge attached to it.
RSPCA || FAQs

:flowers:Yes here in the UK, all dogs must wear a collar when in a public place.
RSPCA || FAQs
Which really is best. We've been kicking around getting the chip inserted in our dog and after this story, I think that's something we'll be doing this year.

Which really is best. We've been kicking around getting the chip inserted in our dog and after this story, I think that's something we'll be doing this year.

Hopefully, the dog wasn't taken and had a chip inserted by some terrorist organization. Just a thought.

In New South Wales all dogs have to be micorchipped and then registered with the local council as well as wear a collar and tag with certain information on the tag.

Unfortunately many people don't bother with following the law.

RSPCA || FAQs

Thanks for that Sky, I have read the faqs through and the regulations are the same as here in Portugal except for the chips, I didn´t see if they are obligatory. Of course, you have to get the people to obey these and unfortunately everywhere I see people who don´t take the slightest notice - except, since the hefty fines have been announced concerning dangerous dogs these seem to have disappeared - from sight anyway.
I feel much safter taking my small dog for a walk these days. I used to carry a crop and was more than once amused when people would tell me that I shouldn´t hit my dog with the crop, they really thought the crop was for MY dog and not in case it was attacked. My husband used to laugh at me as he said against a rottweiller I may as well carry a twig but I felt better, rightly or wrongly, holding it.

Hopefully, the dog wasn't taken and had a chip inserted by some terrorist organization. Just a thought.

How very James Bond. But in this day and age I wouldn't doubt anything.

How very James Bond. But in this day and age I wouldn't doubt anything.

Well, I am certain the dog will be thoroughly checked, inside out so to say. Any chip would be detected, don't you think?

Besides the Sun says:
“Apart from looking a little dishevelled he is fine.”
It is thought Max, who had lost 3½lb, got stuck down a rabbit hole.

Not wearing a collar might have saved his life for he could not get stuck at the roots.

Maybe leaving the keys in the ignition was not the brightest idea. :nonono:

I wonder what the chances are that her car has a tracking device?

Bummer. But wait, 15,000 in British pounds for that car? Doesn't that come to like $35,000 in US dollars (someone correct my exchange). What?! For that honking sedan that's all it cost? I'd think a BMW like that would fetch about $80,000 in US dollars. Are they cheaper Across the Pond or something? Wow! You can barely get a decent Toyota Camry for $35K.

I don't think her BMW is one of the best model. I think that price sounds about right.

I cannot believe she left her keys in the car--but, I guess that is what happens when one spends too much time partying and killing brain cells and not enough time in class. It's sad because it (rightly so) contributes to that public image of her being a ditzy party girl.

The pub owner said she didn´t look very worried, I suppose that is because there are plenty more where that came from......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom