The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Princess Beatrice looks good on these photos, and, by the way, me too, I have my birthday on 8th August......

Old 08-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is an article that talks about Princess Beatrice in honor of her 21st birthday:
Les 21 ans de la princesse Béatrice d’York | Noblesse & Royautés

Old 08-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

Princess gets a perfume called Beatrice | Mail Online
Old 08-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Serene Highness

Here's another article for Beatrice's birthday...

Royal with ticket to ride into space - Scotsman.com News
Old 08-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Courtier

The birthday present that wasn't mentioned --- her appointment as a Counseller of State ---ooops, not quite yet, I'm getting a bit too far ahead, she's next in line now she's 21.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

When Princess Beatrice turned 18 she celebrated with a lavish Victorian-themed masked ball and dinner in the grounds of Windsor Castle that cost an estimated 500,000 and was attended by Hollywood stars including Demi Moore.

Party is over for Princess Beatrice in the credit crunch - Telegraph
Old 08-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
When Princess Beatrice turned 18 she celebrated with a lavish Victorian-themed masked ball and dinner in the grounds of Windsor Castle that cost an estimated 500,000 and was attended by Hollywood stars including Demi Moore.

Party is over for Princess Beatrice in the credit crunch - Telegraph

If my fading memory serves me correctly wasn't it stated at the time that she was having a large 18th because of the date - 18 on the 8/8 and that as a consequence she wouldn't be having a large 21st in the way that her older cousins had had.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, that's true. I also remember reading that back then.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Aristocracy

Here's an opinion piece on Beatrice.
Sunday Express | Express Yourself :: Beatrice can earn respect
Old 08-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If my fading memory serves me correctly wasn't it stated at the time that she was having a large 18th because of the date - 18 on the 8/8 and that as a consequence she wouldn't be having a large 21st in the way that her older cousins had had.
I remember the details of a large 18th party because of the date, what I don't recall is any mention of a smaller 21st as a consequence.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

I've read on another royal forum that Her Majesty the Queen requested that Beatrice have a less ostentatious celebration for her 21st birthday in contrast to her 18th. I just read the info and can't verify if true.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I've read on another royal forum that Her Majesty the Queen requested that Beatrice have a less ostentatious celebration for her 21st birthday in contrast to her 18th. I just read the info and can't verify if true.
I do remember reading that Beatrice specifically requested the "big party" for her 18th rather than her 21st because of the significance of the "8" in her actual birth date -- 8/8/88
Old 08-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Aristocracy

It's a shame the press made such a fuss over the celebrations. It would have been nice for the Princess to mark her 21st in style.
I do think Beatrice looks amazing in the Mail on Sunday story...
Old 08-11-2009, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Saturday, one of the unluckiest people in Britain celebrated her 21st birthday. On the face of it, she is in a position many of us would envy. Although her parents are divorced, they are still close. Moreover, she has lived a life of luxury, hob-nobbing with the rich and famous, even having her student flat done up at the taxpayer's expense at a cost of 256,000.

Pity poor Beatrice for being a princess - Telegraph
Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Aristocracy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
On Saturday, one of the unluckiest people in Britain celebrated her 21st birthday. On the face of it, she is in a position many of us would envy. Although her parents are divorced, they are still close. Moreover, she has lived a life of luxury, hob-nobbing with the rich and famous, even having her student flat done up at the taxpayer's expense at a cost of 256,000.

Pity poor Beatrice for being a princess - Telegraph
thanks for the link Skydragon. I read the article and am in agreement with the empathetic tone. When one reads comments on from readers of the Mail on Sunday article it's hard not to be depressed by the disrespectful and envious tone of comments.
Princess Beatrice is a young, attractive 21 year old simply trying to find her place in a society obsessed with the lives of vacuous celebrities.
It's a pity we don't seem to have respect for Royalty but are determined to judge them alongside tabloid celebs.
I don't think any of the Royals can win - they can't do right for doing right ( if that makes any sense...)
Old 08-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Courtier

E! did a special on young royals one time and one of the "experts" said that The Queen agrees to throw one lavish birthday party for her grandchildren, either an 18th or a 21st. Could be wrong but it's out there...

In one of those telegraph articles I noticed this...

Quote:
She has been voted one of the five least-trusted members of the Royal family
What's that about?! LOL
Old 08-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice tried to splash out on a new wardrobe after losing 10lb by giving up alcohol – but to her horror her card was refused.

Unlucky: Princess Beatrice has had more than one unfortunate shopping experience

‘She was mortified and went bright red,’ says a spy at Arrogant Cat on the King’s Road.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Serene Highness

Is Beatrice continuing her studies in fashion design(?),if I'm not mistaken?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinaB. View Post
Is Beatrice continuing her studies in fashion design(?),if I'm not mistaken?
I believe she is doing a degree in History at Goldsmiths in London.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness

History?That is quite a surprise.I could never imagine Beatrice choosing to study something like that.Do you think it was imposed on her,because of her position?

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice