The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Courtier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-job-week.html

Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrice looks fantastic in her outfit... The cut and color are very flattering and I love her Christian Louboutin shoes!!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

From this article -
Quote:
A Foreign Office source said: 'Because she isn't getting paid she asked for a few days off.
Clearly she has learned her fathers work ethic.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Palace officials spent £300,000 on Beatrice's student digs | Mail Online
Old 06-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Gentry

I'd like to know the sources of this, it's hard to believe that someone can spend £300,000 on decorating a four-bedroom!

BTW, the only positive comment out of the 29 posted by readers is rated -150 !! Not hard to understand why...
Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think some of the "apartments" in the palaces are allowed to get pretty delapidated. Even Clarence House, which you would have expected to have been top notch, wasn't maintained well during the Queen Mother's tenure.

And that article says Beatrice has rooms at St. James Palace in the attic, which can be reached only by a spiral staircase (up 60 steps). That doesn't sound terribly cushy or convenient, and she was prevented from taking other accomodations by security concerns. So what's the girl to do? Live in a box??
Old 06-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Aristocracy

I like both Andrew and Freggie, but I they should have taken a que for the Princess Royal and not given their daughters royal titles. They should have also made some effort to maintain the privacy of their children like the Wessex's. But to the fact that Princess Anne had children before the Wessex's, from which to model the safeguarding of one's children, I believe they could have learned something from her. Unfortunately, the York's former escapes, from their past, brought them and their children into the limelight. To me, it seems crazy the amount of security for two daughters that are far down the line to succession.

Might I also add what is wrong with a flat and a rooms of one's one in that flat to study in. Why Clarence House? I am sure that she could have found some place cheaper that a refuburishing a room at Clarence House for 300,000 pounds.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Gentry

Why can't she live at her father's home ? Is that this far from London ?

Otherwise, sources aren't clear about the exact amount of money that Palace officials spent ; some talk about 250,000 while others claim 300,000 pounds were spend, which just lefts me dubious about the origins of this kind of statement. The fact that pss Beatrice had some renovations is probably true, but I just don't think Palace officials/RF are this blind/unwary regarding taxpayer's money.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilah View Post
I like both Andrew and Freggie, but I they should have taken a que for the Princess Royal and not given their daughters royal titles. They should have also made some effort to maintain the privacy of their children like the Wessex's. But to the fact that Princess Anne had children before the Wessex's, from which to model the safeguarding of one's children, I believe they could have learned something from her. Unfortunately, the York's former escapes, from their past, brought them and their children into the limelight. To me, it seems crazy the amount of security for two daughters that are far down the line to succession.

Might I also add what is wrong with a flat and a rooms of one's one in that flat to study in. Why Clarence House? I am sure that she could have found some place cheaper that a refuburishing a room at Clarence House for 300,000 pounds.

They are entitled, under the 1917 LPs to the HRH Princess titles, as are Edward and Sophie's children.

Remember that Edward and Sophie had their children after the scandals and disasters of Diana and Sarah Ferguson.

Beatrice isn't all that far down the line of succession. She is 5th after her uncle Charles, cousins William and Harry (who are both serving in the military) and father Andrew.

At some time in the next 20 or so years she will serve as a Councillor of State and thus undertake some of the official duties of the monarch. Councillors of State do the official side of the monarch when the monarch is out of the country. They are the spouse of the monarch and the next four in line to the throne, over 21. So unless the present Queen and Charles live until either William or Harry have a child reach 21 then Beatrice will fill that role. Should any of the Queen, Charles, William, Harry or Andrew die before either William or Harry have a child reach 21 then she will be a Councillor of State.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
They are entitled, under the 1917 LPs to the HRH Princess titles, as are Edward and Sophie's children.

Remember that Edward and Sophie had their children after the scandals and disasters of Diana and Sarah Ferguson.

Beatrice isn't all that far down the line of succession. She is 5th after her uncle Charles, cousins William and Harry (who are both serving in the military) and father Andrew.

At some time in the next 20 or so years she will serve as a Councillor of State and thus undertake some of the official duties of the monarch. Councillors of State do the official side of the monarch when the monarch is out of the country. They are the spouse of the monarch and the next four in line to the throne, over 21. So unless the present Queen and Charles live until either William or Harry have a child reach 21 then Beatrice will fill that role. Should any of the Queen, Charles, William, Harry or Andrew die before either William or Harry have a child reach 21 then she will be a Councillor of State.
Spouse of the monarch? Then Camilla will be a counsellor of state.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Beatrice unveils her slim new figure in a stylish little red dress | Mail Online
Old 07-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Spouse of the monarch? Then Camilla will be a counsellor of state.

Based on past precedence - yes.

Philip and the Queen Mum both served so why shouldn't Camilla as she will be the spouse of the monarch? Philip is still one of the coucillors of state.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

I know some members enjoy making snarky remarks about Beatrice's body shape, but don't post them here as they will be - and have been - deleted.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Its interesting to note that the article mentions that the apartments had not been updated for some time and the money that came from government paid for that. I am thinking that the kitchens, bathrooms, electricity, etc were updated and brought up to code. All personal provisions (or desires if you like) for Beatrice's flat were paid by the Duke of York and the Queen.

I think this goes along with another subject (and topic) where a majority of the residences (official ones at least) need some work done.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Nobility

It is quite likely that the suite needed electrical and plumbing work and maybe even new roofing. If Buckingham Palace is in need of so much work, and the monarch lives there, I can well imagine how neglected some other buildings are.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Why can't she live at her father's home ? Is that this far from London ?
It would be quite unfair to tell a college student that one, she couldn't live in the dorms (which at most schools is essential to becoming part of student life as a first-year) and two, she had to commute every day from another city when another option was available in London.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Princesa Beatriz luce su nueva figura - El Universal - Estilos

Princess Beatrice shows off her new figure
Old 07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Majesty

Beatrice looks really beautiful, and her outfit is perfect.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Courtier

I don't think that she has a new figure. She just looks a ton better than usual because the dress is age appropriate and the cut and material are good for her figure. It makes a huge difference when things fit better hence they make the figure and the wearer look much better/slimmer. Not to mention that for once, she is not "over" accessorised.
As a young princess, this is how she she look the vast majority of the time. But that is just my opinion.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess beatrice