Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 12: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatrice looks fantastic in her outfit... The cut and color are very flattering and I love her Christian Louboutin shoes!!!!

I think some of the "apartments" in the palaces are allowed to get pretty delapidated. Even Clarence House, which you would have expected to have been top notch, wasn't maintained well during the Queen Mother's tenure.

And that article says Beatrice has rooms at St. James Palace in the attic, which can be reached only by a spiral staircase (up 60 steps). That doesn't sound terribly cushy or convenient, and she was prevented from taking other accomodations by security concerns. So what's the girl to do? Live in a box??

I like both Andrew and Freggie, but I they should have taken a que for the Princess Royal and not given their daughters royal titles. They should have also made some effort to maintain the privacy of their children like the Wessex's. But to the fact that Princess Anne had children before the Wessex's, from which to model the safeguarding of one's children, I believe they could have learned something from her. Unfortunately, the York's former escapes, from their past, brought them and their children into the limelight. To me, it seems crazy the amount of security for two daughters that are far down the line to succession.

Might I also add what is wrong with a flat and a rooms of one's one in that flat to study in. Why Clarence House? I am sure that she could have found some place cheaper that a refuburishing a room at Clarence House for 300,000 pounds.

Why can't she live at her father's home ? Is that this far from London ?

Otherwise, sources aren't clear about the exact amount of money that Palace officials spent ; some talk about 250,000 while others claim 300,000 pounds were spend, which just lefts me dubious about the origins of this kind of statement. The fact that pss Beatrice had some renovations is probably true, but I just don't think Palace officials/RF are this blind/unwary regarding taxpayer's money.

I like both Andrew and Freggie, but I they should have taken a que for the Princess Royal and not given their daughters royal titles. They should have also made some effort to maintain the privacy of their children like the Wessex's. But to the fact that Princess Anne had children before the Wessex's, from which to model the safeguarding of one's children, I believe they could have learned something from her. Unfortunately, the York's former escapes, from their past, brought them and their children into the limelight. To me, it seems crazy the amount of security for two daughters that are far down the line to succession.

Might I also add what is wrong with a flat and a rooms of one's one in that flat to study in. Why Clarence House? I am sure that she could have found some place cheaper that a refuburishing a room at Clarence House for 300,000 pounds.

They are entitled, under the 1917 LPs to the HRH Princess titles, as are Edward and Sophie's children.

Remember that Edward and Sophie had their children after the scandals and disasters of Diana and Sarah Ferguson.

Beatrice isn't all that far down the line of succession. She is 5th after her uncle Charles, cousins William and Harry (who are both serving in the military) and father Andrew.

At some time in the next 20 or so years she will serve as a Councillor of State and thus undertake some of the official duties of the monarch. Councillors of State do the official side of the monarch when the monarch is out of the country. They are the spouse of the monarch and the next four in line to the throne, over 21. So unless the present Queen and Charles live until either William or Harry have a child reach 21 then Beatrice will fill that role. Should any of the Queen, Charles, William, Harry or Andrew die before either William or Harry have a child reach 21 then she will be a Councillor of State.

They are entitled, under the 1917 LPs to the HRH Princess titles, as are Edward and Sophie's children.

Remember that Edward and Sophie had their children after the scandals and disasters of Diana and Sarah Ferguson.

Beatrice isn't all that far down the line of succession. She is 5th after her uncle Charles, cousins William and Harry (who are both serving in the military) and father Andrew.

At some time in the next 20 or so years she will serve as a Councillor of State and thus undertake some of the official duties of the monarch. Councillors of State do the official side of the monarch when the monarch is out of the country. They are the spouse of the monarch and the next four in line to the throne, over 21. So unless the present Queen and Charles live until either William or Harry have a child reach 21 then Beatrice will fill that role. Should any of the Queen, Charles, William, Harry or Andrew die before either William or Harry have a child reach 21 then she will be a Councillor of State.

Spouse of the monarch? Then Camilla will be a counsellor of state.

Spouse of the monarch? Then Camilla will be a counsellor of state.

Based on past precedence - yes.

Philip and the Queen Mum both served so why shouldn't Camilla as she will be the spouse of the monarch? Philip is still one of the coucillors of state.

I know some members enjoy making snarky remarks about Beatrice's body shape, but don't post them here as they will be - and have been - deleted.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Its interesting to note that the article mentions that the apartments had not been updated for some time and the money that came from government paid for that. I am thinking that the kitchens, bathrooms, electricity, etc were updated and brought up to code. All personal provisions (or desires if you like) for Beatrice's flat were paid by the Duke of York and the Queen.

I think this goes along with another subject (and topic) where a majority of the residences (official ones at least) need some work done.

It is quite likely that the suite needed electrical and plumbing work and maybe even new roofing. If Buckingham Palace is in need of so much work, and the monarch lives there, I can well imagine how neglected some other buildings are.

It would be quite unfair to tell a college student that one, she couldn't live in the dorms (which at most schools is essential to becoming part of student life as a first-year) and two, she had to commute every day from another city when another option was available in London.

I don't think that she has a new figure. She just looks a ton better than usual because the dress is age appropriate and the cut and material are good for her figure. It makes a huge difference when things fit better hence they make the figure and the wearer look much better/slimmer. Not to mention that for once, she is not "over" accessorised.
As a young princess, this is how she she look the vast majority of the time. But that is just my opinion.

Otherwise, sources aren't clear about the exact amount of money that Palace officials spent ; some talk about 250,000 while others claim 300,000 pounds were spend, which just lefts me dubious about the origins of this kind of statement. The fact that pss Beatrice had some renovations is probably true, but I just don't think Palace officials/RF are this blind/unwary regarding taxpayer's money.
I don't know if anyone can work out why she can'y commute from Royal Lodge, it is not that far! The figures were obtained from the release of the accounts, so I would think we can be reasonably sure they spent at least £250,000.

IMO, Palace officials and the RF are oblivious to the feelings of British taxpayers.:flowers:

It would be quite unfair to tell a college student that one, she couldn't live in the dorms (which at most schools is essential to becoming part of student life as a first-year).......

I have noticed in American TV shows and movies that living in "dorms" on campus seems to be the custom there, but that is not the case everywhere. It is the exception rather than the rule for students at Sydney universities. There is some accommodation available at the universities though I didn't ever know anyone who lived there. A lot of students who come from the country or have to travel long distances rent rooms at share houses nearby but this is privately arranged. Students who can live at home with their family do so. I assume the situation is the same throughout Australia.

I went to a university that was so new that the dorms weren't even built yet. Students commuted or rented in private homes.

I have noticed in American TV shows and movies that living in "dorms" on campus seems to be the custom there, but that is not the case everywhere. It is the exception rather than the rule for students at Sydney universities. There is some accommodation available at the universities though I didn't ever know anyone who lived there. A lot of students who come from the country or have to travel long distances rent rooms at share houses nearby but this is privately arranged. Students who can live at home with their family do so. I assume the situation is the same throughout Australia.

Good point. I was mostly thinking of William. I imagined that if he lived on the campus of St. Andrews, with all the extra hassle that caused, it must be the norm there. If it were not, I would assume that the easier option of accommodating him elsewhere would have been chosen (as it was after his first year). As I recall the climate (of public opinion) at that time, it would have been seen as aloof had he chosen to live off campus. If that was the case as I recall, it stands to reason that most students spend there first year on campus as St. Andrews (otherwise, how would it be aloof?). I incorrectly extrapolated that to a typical UK universities. Goldsmith is a largely NON-residential college, so my comments would not apply. :)

Just a point for many non-British residents but many UK universities aren't on a single campus but scattered throughout the towns/cities etc.

I don't know anything about the one where Beatrice is going but certainly Oxford, Cambridge and St Andrews don't have a single campus at all but rather have buildings in various parts of the town so you could walk past a building, which is part of the university and enter a pub which isn't but is next door while on the other side of the pub could be a shopping centre and then another university building.

Many of them have 'colleges' in which the students live, especially during their first year but these are also scattered throughout the town so you could have college, shopping centre, residential houses for non-university staff and then another college.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Far cheaper for the taxpayer and HM, if Beatrice had rented a flat or small house with friends, as many students do. However Goldsmiths is hardly a massive commute from Royal Lodge!

Wow! Princess Beatrice looks fabulous! Two outfihts in a row. She is a beautiful girl.

On another note...as it relates to Princess Beatrice and the dorm situation she really can't win. If she stayed with other students (that she really doesn't know or haven't been properly screened) she takes teh chance of them telling and/or selling information about her. On the other hand...the press would start hounding them and doing research into their lives as the students who live with Princess Beatrice. Next thing you know...we have Suzi X's personal life being outed in the Daily Mail. That's not fair to them as well. I think Prince William had the ideal collegiate experience because (at least for what I know) St. Andrews was/is somewhat remote. or at least in comparison to London.

Pics 2.7.2009

Princess Beatrice arrives at Sir David Frost's Summer Party
on July 2, 2009 in London, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom