Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 11: June-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Princess Beatrice of York 11

commencing June 2008

Part 10 covering the period May and June 2008 can be found here.

Please remember that this thread is to discuss her activities, not to harp on endlessly about her weight, her appearance, and her clothes.

~  ~

Pics 25./26.6.2008

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clarke leaving Whisky
Mist bar in Mayfair together. London, England - 25./26.06.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

We are asked to concentrate on Princess Beatrice´s activities.
Anyone know of any activity that doesn´t take place in a bar, disco, shop or holiday resort? If so we can discuss it here.

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clarke leaving Whisky
Mist bar in Mayfair together. London, England - 25./26.06.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Thanks, Ice. Her activitiy of being seen w that goof is questionable. His activity of wearing the same outfit is also questionable.

I am and have always been a follower and true supporter of the "Royal Family", but one does get so tired of Beatrice and her holidays and bar hopping and yet have the title of HRH and is entitled to security. Can't the Queen do anything about it????

Andrew praised Fergie for her childrearing skills!

I am and have always been a follower and true supporter of the "Royal Family", but one does get so tired of Beatrice and her holidays and bar hopping and yet have the title of HRH and is entitled to security. Can't the Queen do anything about it????

Andrew praised Fergie for her childrearing skills!

That shows how much Prince Andrew knows about child rearing.....:rolleyes:

Anyone know of any activity that doesn´t take place in a bar, disco, shop or holiday resort? If so we can discuss it here.

Hmmmmmmmmm ... the rare charity outing with Mummy or overseas government jaunt with Dads - otherwise - I don't think so!

Seh really seems to be a girl without any hobbies or interests that manifest in pictures. But who knows. probably she is photographed so often leaving bars etc. because that's where the phtographrs are. And if she eg goes into a museum or art gallery we simply don't get to know about that. Or if she's into riding or another sport: probably she prefers to do her training behind closed doors at Windsor or swims in Buckingham Palace's pool like Diana did. There are many things she could do without attracting the notice of photographers. She might only appear to embrace celebrity culture because she turns up occasionally at places where the paparazzi wait for celebs. Who knows?

But if she is really going to study design at Goldsmith's she needed to present a portfolio of work in order to be taken on, at least that's what they say here:

Goldsmiths > BA (Hons) Design

Entrance requirements:
You need to demonstrate post-16 study in art and design (a Foundation course, vocational A-level or a related NVQ Level 3) or be a GCE A-level student with a strong art and design portfolio. Mature students without formal qualifications who have relevant work experience and/or art and design work are also welcomed. Selection process:
At interview stage you will present a portfolio of work (including art and/or design pieces, sketch books and written assignments). You also submit a 200-word critical reflection on a piece of design of your choice.

End of quote.

So she needed to produce such a portfolio etc. because I doubt they took her on without it only because she's a princess. But her mother said she would study history, where her A-levels are sufficient to be accepted. We'll see what she will study finally.

We can only hope Jo. So far she is portrayed, admittedly by journalists, as pretty futile.
Then again. cutting ribbons and launching ships isn´t that useful a pastime.
Is Princess Beatrice on the Civil List? Since the rules have been changed I am a bit confused. If she isn´t then of course the young lady can do as she pleases and with everyone´s blessing. It is just that we have been asked to comment on her activities.

We can only hope Jo. So far she is portrayed, admittedly by journalists, as pretty futile.
Is Princess Beatrice on the Civil List? Since the rules have been changed I am a bit confused. If she isn´t then of course the young lady can do as she pleases and with everyone´s blessing. It is just that we have been asked to comment on her activities.
She doesn't receive any money from the civil list but her father receives an allowance from HM and payment for his apparent job. I think her money probably comes from allowances from her parents and trust funds. :flowers:

I have just read that the club she went to twice running this week Whisky Mist costs £550 a year membership. There was a picture of her very bleary eyed leaving it on her second night. She certainly gives, or seems to give, the photographers a lot of unflattering photo opportunities.

Which is precisely why most people I know think monarchies and royals aren't useful.

Is Princess Beatrice on the Civil List?
This is really straightforward: there are just TWO people on the Civil List, the Queen and her husband. For full details, see the Monarchy website.

I wonder what Prince Edward and Prince Andrew live off? Do they have jobs?
Prince Edward has an enormous house but I suppose the estate supports itself. I am just curious not begrudging. Then of course there is Princess Anne she carries out royal duties, does she get an allowance?

I have just read that the club she went to twice running this week Whisky Mist costs £550 a year membership. There was a picture of her very bleary eyed leaving it on her second night. She certainly gives, or seems to give, the photographers a lot of unflattering photo opportunities.

Here's the link with the picture you've mentioned

Bleary-eyed Bea visits same nightspot twice in two nights

Poor Bea, they always tend to choose those bad shots of her..

I honestly wish that the press would leave her alone. Printing unflattering pictures is just a cruel thing to do to a 19 or 20-year-old girl.:bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the link with the picture you've mentioned

Bleary-eyed Bea visits same nightspot twice in two nights

Poor Bea, they always tend to choose those bad shots of her..
Dang! They must choose the absolute most unflattering pic to publish of this girl. Hey, she's 19. She's doing what most 19 y/olds do: going out on the town w her friends! She's royal and she's rich and perhaps she should use a bit more discretion, but she's not out killing babies or something.

i think you're right. she's dong the same thing a lot of people her age are doing.

Well, than that says a lot about the present young generation doesn't it??

It is not as though Princess Beatrice doesn´t know that the photographers are waiting to get a picture like this. She definitely looked under the weather but there is something else there, I feel that for some reason they have taken a dislike to her. When they like someone they usually don´t print this kind of photo. Perhaps they are getting bored waiting outside night clubs with heavy cameras and are starting to find her a little futile.
There is one way she can avoid this kind of photo opportunity, fewer nights out in public places even perhaps a splash of cold water on her face before leaving and making sure she leaves when she is still able to make a dignified exit.

I think in every generation the "young folk" have gone out and met up w friends and partied - tho the term "party" changes every 100 years or so. In my parents' day - the early 1960s - they went out w friends (they were in college, ever more reason) and had a good time. Same w my grandparents' generation. I don't think 19 y/olds are doing anything that much different than their parents did. It's just that celebrity has become such a phenomenom now that nothing is sacred and you're apt to be photographed puking in a gutter if you're not careful.

When you are 18/19 you are allowed to act like an airhead . . . . it goes with the territory! :whistling:

But, and this is a biggie, if she is still acting like this (or like Kate) at 26/27, we would definitely be in trouble. :lol:

It's just that celebrity has become such a phenomenom now that nothing is sacred and you're apt to be photographed puking in a gutter if you're not careful.

Exactly my point, if you must do these things be careful. If you know that a photographer is waiting patiently to make a fortune with the most unflattering picture possible, and you are a royal princess, then you must be even more careful.

A bit of visible charity work wouldn't be half bad either.

Beatrice is soon to start her university course. I don't think we should expect her to do any charity work till that's finished.

Menarue said:
Exactly my point, if you must do these things be careful. If you know that a photographer is waiting patiently to make a fortune with the most unflattering picture possible, and you are a royal princess, then you must be even more careful.

Perhaps she knows this but has decided to live her life as she wants to and ignore the photographers as best as she can. Not everyone cares a lot about what people think of their appearance, and maybe even a royal princess can be in this category.

Beatrice is soon to start her university course. I don't think we should expect her to do any charity work till that's finished.
Perhaps she knows this but has decided to live her life as she wants to and ignore the photographers as best as she can. Not everyone cares a lot about what people think of their appearance, and maybe even a royal princess can be in this category.
Supposedly Beatrice cares, according to her mother she gets very upset to the point of tears when she reads the mean things ppl say about her weight and so forth in the press. Wasn't that the cause of the whole episode between Sarah and a reporter a month or so ago? Point is, you can't have it both ways: either behave and act dignified in public or don't moan about it when you don't and some photog/reporter snares you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly Beatrice cares, according to her mother she gets very upset to the point of tears when she reads the mean things ppl say about her weight and so forth in the press. Wasn't that the cause of the whole episode between Sarah and a reporter a month or so ago? Point is, you can't have it both ways: either behave and act dignified in public or don't moan about it when you don't and some photog/reporter snares you.

Good point, but it's Sarah not Beatrice who moaned about it. Sarah shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag.

Good point, but it's Sarah not Beatrice who moaned about it. Sarah shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag.
Sarah tends to always let the cat out of the bag. . . :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom