Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 10: May-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This girl has grown up as a royal, maybe just maybe she knows that wearing all that make up at a club at 3am she'll get attention.

Well done. Ms. Pearson's remarks were along the same level of a nasty mean spiritied school girl.

I'm glad the columnist spoke out in support of Princess Beatrice as well. I think picking on peoples looks is cheap and petty and mean-spirited. Yes, we all like to critique public figures appearances but there is no need to be cruel to the young woman. As far I know she hasnt done anything to warrant the level of nastiness directed at her or looks. Yes she's pear shaped, so what, all the excercise in the world will not change you body type. Best to accept youself, love youself and move on. Yes, she a little heavy and maybe a gentle bit of criticism would help but to take pot shots would probably have the opposite effect.

Sarah probably speaks up too frequently, but I thought she was very justified in speaking up for Beatrice. Actually, I thought Sarah probably took the whole spate of negative comments about Beatrice's appearance at least as seriously as Beatrice, if not more so, just because that's the type of person she is.

But the comments were pointless and nasty. Unfortunately, stuff like that seems to constitute most of the Daily Mail's content.

I find that the Daily Mail is the most negative tabloid. It's pretty consistently nasty.

But the comments were pointless and nasty. Unfortunately, stuff like that seems to constitute most of the Daily Mail's content.

She doesn't look good in those pictures, IMO. Her makeup, especially around her eyes, was much too heavy. I don't think she deserves half the crap the press and others give her, but she needs to get a new look for make-up at least.
i dont think thats her normal make up look. her make up is isually much more relaxed!!! i think every girl does some fun experimenting one day or another and i guess the press judt didnt happen to like Bea's fun experimenting.
She definitely gets much more stick than se deserves. Maybe she has done something seriously controversial that i dont know about that people cant forgive her for. If she hasnt, then all this beatrice bashing by the press especially miss pearson, is old and in my opinion, quite childish...if this is what the british people consider as news, then it shows what kind of country britain is turning into!!!

The ladies of The View, especially Whoopi Goldberg, joined in Beatrice's defense today, while showing the bikini pictures. They applauded Sarah's defense of her daughter, and pointed out that Beatrice looks happy even if she isn't a stick. And that women ought to be more supportive of each other and realize that such criticism only makes us more susceptible to eating disorders.

I was looking at Beatrice's photo and thought she really ought to have worn a more attractive suit ... but I think I was wrong and should have been thinking how great that she's comfortable enough to go to the beach and have fun.

I wish I had that body lol. Glad to see her mother spoke out against those nasty remarks. When will women stop attacking each other this way.

I wish I had that body lol. Glad to see her mother spoke out against those nasty remarks. When will women stop attacking each other this way.
Hmmmm.
Never is my guess.
Ever see "The Opposite Sex". Fabulous '50's movie. Will give you a bit of an insight on women's more catty nature.

Hmmmm.
Never is my guess.
Ever see "The Opposite Sex". Fabulous '50's movie. Will give you a bit of an insight on women's more catty nature.

Don't you mean some women's catty nature? Your comment is akin to my stating that men are thuggish brutes.

Princess Bea is an attractive and normal looking young woman. Her mother claims that Bea is a size 10, and nothing wrong with that.

Many mothers will wish for lightning to strike that (overweight - at least she has a fat face) journalist and The Daily Mail's editor, as they worry about their young daughters' desire to remain stick-like and about 10mm wide and abjure food.

For this reason alone I've always welcomed photos of the York princesses, both of whom seem like good role models for girls and young teens. They're of normal size and have fun with their clothes and are showing welcome signs of independence of spirit while making no more errors of judgment than is usual in people their age.

Zara lives on her mothers estate, not in a taxpayer funded residence.

Hi Skydragon,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Zara Phillips does indeed have 'digs' in Kensington Palace, I think that you'll find.

We're reopening this thread with a few changes.

Since Princess Beatrice is still in the middle of full-time education, even though this is her gap year, she isn't carrying out any royal duties and her attendance at royal events is more by way of being a member of the family rather than being an official participant.

As long as she doesn't have any royal-related current events, we're dropping "Current Events" from the thread title for her from now until such time as she starts performing royal duties (if in fact she ever does, which remains to be seen).

This thread is for discussions and photos (or, rather, links to photos) of her activities. We're opening other threads for discussions about her style and lifestyle and about what she might do in the future. Please keep this thread focused on her activities and don't load it down with comments and criticisms about her looks, weight, fashion sense, and general appearance.

Thank you.

Elspeth

for the British forum moderators

Last edited:
Zara Phillips does indeed have 'digs' in Kensington Palace, I think that you'll find.
She may have occasional and rare use of a couple of rooms but certainly they are not 'digs', otherwise HM would have ensured that Zara was listed as a resident when details are given under the freedom of information act to the public and of course to parliament.
------------------
It was supposed to give Princess Beatrice a taste of the real world.

But it seems the 19-year-old’s work placement stint as a personal shopper in Selfridges has seen mollycoddled even more than her pampered customers.

Shop girl Beatrice only working a three-hour day (and it’s heavily supervised) | Mail Online

Rare and occasional use of a couple of rooms seems to be what Polly also means, so in essence the two of you are in agreement. I do hope we're not going to have a battle to the death over the fine details of the possible meanings of the word "digs," especially in a thread that's not even about Zara.

She may have occasional and rare use of a couple of rooms but certainly they are not 'digs', otherwise HM would have ensured that Zara was listed as a resident when details are given under the freedom of information act to the public and of course to parliament.
------------------

But it seems the 19-year-old’s work placement stint as a personal shopper in Selfridges has seen mollycoddled even more than her pampered customers.

Shop girl Beatrice only working a three-hour day (and it’s heavily supervised) | Mail Online

I also read this today and thought it was very funny! Wish I only had to work 3 hours a day!

Also, regarding Kensington Palace, I think that the Queen is running everyone out of it as a residence for royals. It will be turned into a government building and eventually no one will live there.
The Prince Michael of Kent family is practically out the door with Princess Michael complaining the whole way. She has been crying about this for several years now.

------------------

From this article:

‘She wasn’t allowed to work on her own, and had the help of two assistants who helped her choose items for the customers. Obviously, the store can’t afford to lose its affluent customers, so she needed to be accompanied by people who knew what they were doing.’

For me this reads as if Beatrice was simply unable to perform the job due to lack of knowledge. Plus we read this:

‘Everyone knows that working in a popular store like Selfridges could have made Beatrice a target, which is why she had a personal bodyguard with her at all times.’

So she was accompanied by two assistents and a bodyguard on doing... what exactly? For me this article forms a rather ridiculous picture of Beatrice walking around the store surrounded by a personal court of three.. Come on, it can't have been that way otherwise it would be utmost laughable.

The only reason I can come up for doing this job is that the College Beatrice wants to study at asks their students to have had an industrial placement before they start to study to gather a bit of working experience. If so, I personally think that working with her grandmother's seamstresses and dresser for a while would give her more experience but of course working at Selfridges surely is more fun.

Ah, her mother said that Beatrice will study history at Goldsmith College, so this would counteract my theory, but maybe she studies both topics in order to find a safe job at Windsor Royal Archives should her foray into fashion fail.

Rare and occasional use of a couple of rooms seems to be what Polly also means, so in essence the two of you are in agreement. I do hope we're not going to have a battle to the death over the fine details of the possible meanings of the word "digs," especially in a thread that's not even about Zara.
Lets put it down to a different interpretation of 'digs', as to a battle to the death..... moi?:whistling::angel::ROFLMAO:

Princess Beatrice enjoys a night out with boyfriend Dave Clark at the Nobu Berkeley restaurant in London. UK. 27TH MAY 2008.
Bulls Press

Princess Beatrice enjoys a night out with boyfriend Dave Clark at the Nobu Berkeley restaurant in London. UK. 27TH MAY 2008.
Bulls Press
Well it's good to see she has left the current "it" trend behind and ditched (at least for the night) the "Panda Eye" look that has become so popular. :panda:

I am at a loss to understand why this look is all the rage again. It was "heavy" (not as in "he's my brother") and decidedly OTT in the sixties, but at least it was a new look. In the eighties Princess Diana, and others of that celebrity era, gave it the big come-back and it was just plain nasty . . . . right up there with Joan Collins sholder pads in Dynasty! :shock:

Now the whole look is back. :yuk: And to Beatice's credit, she pulled the look off a lot better than Kate Middleton at the Phillips wedding. That was just horrible, turning her into a whey-faced woe-begone waif! :nonono:

As to the boyfriend, well let's just hope that this too shall pass. :whistling:

Last edited:
yes, she does look nice in this outfit. now...maybe who ever it was that helped her pick this out, can help her friend.

Perhaps she has a shopping assistant. :whistling:

Princess Beatrice leaving Boujis nightclub with boyfriend Dave Clark, London 04 06 08.
MediumPhoto

Sounds like a good opportunity for her. If he designed the dress in the article, they are a good match. And if she's really interested in fashion, it's a really great career/educational opportunity for her.
The dress is lovely and the bead work is exquisite, but was this not the dress that had slipped slightly as she got out of a taxi?

Princess Beatrice leaving Boujis nightclub with boyfriend Dave Clark, London 04 06 08.
MediumPhoto
Thanks, giov, for the link. I like the color of the dress. I can't see it clearly enough to determine what sort of shape, if any, it has. It looks sorta like a tent dress which normally isn't too flattering for most people. That she paired it w black stockings and a black jacket is pretty good. The necklace has got to go, tho. Too long for the dress. Oh, and the boyfriend has got to go. But I've said that before, haven't I?

MediumPhoto
Wonder if Prince Andrew did the talking to to the boyfriend like Bruce Willis does to his girls boyfriends? :D
You know, the one where Bruce says he's going to drop the first one in the yard with a 12 gauge and let the others see it?? :lol:

Last edited:

Wow. Does someone have a personal vendeta? Did Beatrice kick her parapalegic son while throwing this tantrum? My godness that was a nasty article. I think I counted about eight insults there, and a few that might have just been hidden, and the article was only about eight pathetic paragraphs long! I think this should be a reckord, and the writer would be a good addition to the staff of Perezhilton.com. I thought people only wrote taht nastily about Britney Spears...

But I tink there might have been a little exagerating in there. The "eye-witness" said that Beatrice was being "discreat" about playing her royalty card, but saying "Don't you know I'm a royal" is hardly discreat, don't you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom