Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 10: May-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree that Beatrice looks more like Andrew and the Windsors. The red hair is deceptive. Actually, I think she looks like pictures of a young Queen Victoria. Check some out and compare...I think the eyes, nose, mouth are all kind of similar.

Beatrice may not have the body of a model, but she's got gorgeous skin, eyes and hair. Nobody is perfect. I think she looks really nice in those pictures. Sarah too.

Last edited:
I totally agree that Beatrice looks more like Andrew and the Windsors. The red hair is deceptive. Actually, I think she looks like pictures of a young Queen Victoria. Check some out and compare...I think the eyes, nose, mouth are all kind of similar.

Beatrice may not have the body of a model, but she's got gorgeous skin, eyes and hair. Nobody is perfect. I think she looks really nice in those pictures. Sarah too.
Few of the princess ancestor
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/aa/Dronning_victoria.jpg
http://www.btinternet.com/~sbishop100/vic19.jpg
and little bit her daughter Victoria
Princess Royal Victoria pictures from fashion photos on webshots

My goodness Bea is Andrew with Sarah's hair. You can really see how much she resembles her father when she is standing side by side with her mother.

I think the personal shopper "job" is a very odd choice for such a high-profile royal. Seems Wm & Harry took up more charitable causes during their gap year. I suppose being an ambassador to her mum's charities may count for her, but catering to other very wealthy people seems a bit out of line for a gap choice for a royal.

i think it's great that she's getting some work experience...i just hope she's not choosing the clothes that's she's carrying around.

i think it's great that she's getting some work experience...i just hope she's not choosing the clothes that's she's carrying around.
I hope that it will be work and that she'll take real experience.

A shopping assistant? The granddaughter of the Queen of Britain is a shopping assistant? ... well, at least it isn't Harrods where she is shopping.
Why is she doing this btw? I can't imagine she will continue to work in a shop so it isn't helpfull for her future carreer. Is it for charity maybe?

Last edited:
I can see this job fitting in with her plans if she intends to go into clothing design or something. She's also getting an opportunity to deal with many different people, which I think is good.

A shopping assistant? The granddaughter of the Queen of Britain is a shopping assistant? ... well, at least it isn't Harrods where she is shopping.
Why is she doing this btw? I can't imagine she will continue to work in a shop so it isn't helpfull for her future carreer. Is it for charity maybe?

PIcs 9.5.2008

Princess Beatrice leaving Amika, London, England - 09.05.08
... with a first potential customer?! ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

i thoughtshe looked really nice in those pictures from her first day at selfridges (i presume)..I thought she looked like the perfect example of a TRENDY YOUNG MODERN princess!!! as ive said before, i belive she has a very good eye for fashion, but unfortunately sometimes (like all of us) she makes mistakes in thinkins that she has a moodel's figure!

Princess Beatrice leaving Amika, London, England - 09.05.08
... with a first potential customer?! ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
I must say Pss B looks quite nice in these photos. Mature (but not too mature) and well put together. Thanks, Ice.

yes, she does look nice in this outfit. now...maybe who ever it was that helped her pick this out, can help her friend.

Beatrice definitely looks put together lately, hopefully she's growing out of her awkward teen yrs and starting a new chapter for herself.

So much for good taste. What on earth is she wearing at the tournament? It looks like something you'd find on a baby doll. Horrifying! And too much white. She looks like a chambermaid or something in a cheap hotel (not that there's anything wrong w being a chambermaid or cheap hotels).

So much for good taste. What on earth is she wearing at the tournament? It looks like something you'd find on a baby doll. Horrifying! And too much white. She looks like a chambermaid or something in a cheap hotel (not that there's anything wrong w being a chambermaid or cheap hotels).
No self respecting chambermaid would dare wear such an outfit. When it is hot here, all the 'youngsters' suddenly appear in white or pastel colours and sadly not all of them pull it off. The dress could have passed, apart from the silly frilly cap sleeves! (I remember my daughters wearing that sort of thing when they were little more than babies). :ermm:
---------------------------
The Duchess of York has hit back at those who have criticised her daughter's weight.

Princess Beatrice was photographed looking curvy in a bikini on a Caribbean beach, prompting some commentators to suggest the 19-year-old should cover-up

Duchess Of York Sarah Ferguson Attacks Critics Of Daughter Princess Beatrice In Bikini Pictures |Sky News|Health

-------------------
Perhaps someone should point out to sarah, it's not Bea's 'curves', it's her lack of dress sense.

Last edited:
I think Bea just needs to get real and build a life for herself. She should see that her mother has bult a career for herself and that is what she will have to do. She is just a minor royal, whose "royal" role will only diminish with time. Yet all one hears is of her going from holiday to holiday, at celebrity parties or hanging out at clubs. She really is not very old and seems to already had her share of boyfirends. Why does she not look at the example of other people at the periphery of the royal family (eg, Zara and Peter) who keep themselves out of the press and just get on with whatever they want to. If she is not careful, she will end up as a cross between Princess Pushy (Ms Rent-a-royal!) and a D-list celeb! Get real, girl!

The Duchess of York has hit back at those who have criticised her daughter's weight.

Princess Beatrice was photographed looking curvy in a bikini on a Caribbean beach, prompting some commentators to suggest the 19-year-old should cover-up

Duchess Of York Sarah Ferguson Attacks Critics Of Daughter Princess Beatrice In Bikini Pictures |Sky News|Health

-------------------
Perhaps someone should point out to sarah, it's not Bea's 'curves', it's her lack of dress sense.

It isn't just that. There seems to be a lot of commentary about "how could she wear revealing clothes when she's so overweight?" Which is buying right into the notion that if a person doesn't conform to some media-driven ideal of feminine beauty, she should be ashamed of the way she looks and should be as unobtrusive as possible.

I must admit I'm rather uncomfortable about the way so many of the Beatrice current-events threads seem to turn into people piling on to poke fun at her appearance and the way she dresses. Yes, I know that all the royal ladies have their off-days with dress and we don't have any problem saying so in the threads (although I wouldn't object if current-events threads were more substantive than pages of chat about clothes and appearance), but some of the stuff about Princess Beatrice is coming across as rather mean-spirited and unfeeling.

It isn't just that. There seems to be a lot of commentary about "how could she wear revealing clothes when she's so overweight?" Which is buying right into the notion that if a person doesn't conform to some media-driven ideal of feminine beauty, she should be ashamed of the way she looks and should be as unobtrusive as possible.

I must admit I'm rather uncomfortable about the way so many of the Beatrice current-events threads seem to turn into people piling on to poke fun at her appearance and the way she dresses. Yes, I know that all the royal ladies have their off-days with dress and we don't have any problem saying so in the threads (although I wouldn't object if current-events threads were more substantive than pages of chat about clothes and appearance), but some of the stuff about Princess Beatrice is coming across as rather mean-spirited and unfeeling.

I agree so much. I don't deny that firstly, Beatrice doesn't have a perfect figure, and secondly, she doesn't seem to have much fashion sense. But it's not like she has some kind of responsibility to the general public to look like a fashion plate. As long as she dresses modestly (and there has been the odd outfit where I think she should have covered up more) I say, let her wear whatever she wants. I think she wears the clothes she does because she likes the clothes themselves, not how they look on her.

And even if she does think she looks great in clothes that don't flatter her, I think it's better for Beatrice to think she looks better than she really does (within reason and stopping short of extreme vanity), than to be like Sarah who says she feels fat and ugly every single day.

I agree so much. I don't deny that firstly, Beatrice doesn't have a perfect figure, and secondly, she doesn't seem to have much fashion sense. But it's not like she has some kind of responsibility to the general public to look like a fashion plate. As long as she dresses modestly (and there has been the odd outfit where I think she should have covered up more) I say, let her wear whatever she wants. I think she wears the clothes she does because she likes the clothes themselves, not how they look on her.

I share your views.

Beatrice is going to university soon, I think. Maybe we'll see a change in the way she dresses then. But some people just don't have any fashion sense, and maybe she'll never change. Does it really matter? I don't think so.

Does anyone know what will be involved in her role as Junior Ambassador (I think that was the title) for Children in Crisis? I hate to admit I know nothing about this charity at the moment. Guess I need to find the we bsite, But if anyone knows off the top of their head I would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Cat:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom