Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 10: May-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we harp about her boyfriend, her protection officers and her mum's awful tights?:D

Okay, not harping allowed - got it She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO for short)!:ermm:

On one hand we have reports of her looking at multi million pound housing and suddenly she is in St. Barth. We have reports of her mum looking at housing for Beatrice as well. Is there really any confirmation of either of them actually househunting or is it a figment of the imagination of some imaginative "reporter" at the D---- Mail?

Cat

Can we harp about her boyfriend, her protection officers and her mum's awful tights?:D

Okay, not harping allowed - got it She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO for short)!:ermm:

On one hand we have reports of her looking at multi million pound housing and suddenly she is in St. Barth. We have reports of her mum looking at housing for Beatrice as well. Is there really any confirmation of either of them actually househunting or is it a figment of the imagination of some imaginative "reporter" at the D---- Mail?

Cat
I've said it once and I'll say it again, that boyfriend looks like a total goofus doufus to me! Always has that stupid I'm-Loving-The-Attention-I'm-Getting-By-Dating-A-Princess grin on his face. In his defense I will add he may be a sweet genuine young man who treats Pss B wonderfully and has her best interests at heart (always going to be a question, unfortunately). He just looks like a moron.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, that boyfriend looks like a total goofus doufus to me! Always has that stupid I'm-Loving-The-Attention-I'm-Getting-By-Dating-A-Princess grin on his face. In his defense I will add he may be a sweet genuine young man who treats Pss B wonderfully and has her best interests at heart (always going to be a question, unfortunately). He just looks like a moron.

Complete agreement.

So, now I want to get back to the housing; apparently Sarah was looking to buy her a place in London in the one million pound range, but last I heard Bea was looking at 4.25million pound place and as using her inheritance from the QM to pay for it. She's awfully young to spend that kind of money--how much of an inheritance could it be? How much was the QM worth when she passed away?

How accomplished she is--what exactly is her occupation? LOL

She is a student on her gap year.

She is going to be studying at Goldsmiths College in the fall. I believe fashion has been mentioned as a course of study, but I'm not sure.

Complete agreement.

So, now I want to get back to the housing; apparently Sarah was looking to buy her a place in London in the one million pound range, but last I heard Bea was looking at 4.25million pound place and as using her inheritance from the QM to pay for it. She's awfully young to spend that kind of money--how much of an inheritance could it be? How much was the QM worth when she passed away?
Hmmm. The Leo in her might be getting the better of her common sense. . .

Hmmm. The Leo in her might be getting the better of her common sense. . .

You may be onto something. Unless Bea is worth tens of millions of dollars she shouldn't be spending that much all at once; she needs to make some investments, earn some interest, etc...After all, doesn't Andrew know something about this? Shouldn't he be directing her? Perhaps Sarah is fronting 1 million, Andrew is fronting some, and she's using some of her inheritance?

Does anyone know how much the Queen Mum was worth when she passed, and how that was divied up? I shall have to go and have a look around the threads.

Re: The picture I posted in the previous thread, it was not to show how unflattering it was per se, but the fact that the news organizations seem to think that it is perfectly okay to post something like that, while there are plenty of photos around that are more flattering. I think that it shows how poor in humanities the press is.

You may be onto something. Unless Bea is worth tens of millions of dollars she shouldn't be spending that much all at once; she needs to make some investments, earn some interest, etc...After all, doesn't Andrew know something about this? Shouldn't he be directing her? Perhaps Sarah is fronting 1 million, Andrew is fronting some, and she's using some of her inheritance?
That's still an awful lot of money. I have a bit of experience in this as well. You know the eldest is Leo and just went back to Khandahar where he is serving, but while he is there, he's still spending money. When he came home, he spent money. He has a love of the finer things and does expect to inherit a good chunk of change from his family along with his trust fund he currently has (see TheTruth? He's HOT! :D) but he's not saving anything or living within his means. This might be considered a slap in the face to the common folk who wish to support Princess Beatrice with their well wishes etc. My son, you can chalk it up to youth. But I think Beatrice should know better, especially in light of her mother's past financial problems.
I am sorry, but I see a train wreck a-comin'. . .

Real Estate could be a very wise financial investment right now actually. With the global credit crisis and the housing market entering a slump, if she buys a property at a "relatively" low price now and sells it for a good profit in a few years when the market is peaking again, she could see a very good return for her investment.

Real Estate could be a very wise financial investment right now actually. With the global credit crisis and the housing market entering a slump, if she buys a property at a "relatively" low price now and sells it for a good profit in a few years when the market is peaking again, she could see a very good return for her investment.
However, at this time house prices are continuing to fall. With mortgages harder to find, now would be a bad time to invest in property here, with so many properties ending up in negative equity. :flowers:

However, at this time house prices are continuing to fall. With mortgages harder to find, now would be a bad time to invest in property here, with so many properties ending up in negative equity. :flowers:
True, but she could get a steal on a fixer-upper! :)

They work too!!

:bang:I hate when the media only show the royals when they are haveing fun. They might not all have to go out and work to put food on our tables but they do work.

Well Bea doesn't exactly work, she just attends school and has fun. And at the moment she's not attending school so the only thing left is fun.:cool:

Cat

:bang:I hate when the media only show the royals when they are haveing fun. They might not all have to go out and work to put food on our tables but they do work.
Not this one so far. :D

Thanks for the photos, Ice. Again, however, these are not particularly flattering shots, esp. the one taken from behind. Oh well . . . hope she had fun.

{removed response to deleted posts - Elspeth}

As to my thoughts about seeing Bea again - she attended an event
with her mother today - and looked great :) The pics can
be found here --> Pics 6.5.2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely pictures!! she sure does look a lot like her mum, too bad her shoes don't have a heel, even if only a little one, these shoes are very flat!

Beatrice looked lovely, maybe some heels would of been more suitable to the dress but overall she is so much better dress than some of her previous outings.

I have always thought that she looked more like Andrew than Sarah (besides the red hair). Especially in this pic http://i26.tinypic.com/2qbzqr9.jpg

Beatrice looked lovely, maybe some heels would of been more suitable to the dress but overall she is so much better dress than some of her previous outings.

I have always thought that she looked more like Andrew than Sarah (besides the red hair). Especially in this pic http://i26.tinypic.com/2qbzqr9.jpg
I think she def. looks like Andrew and the Windsors! The only trait I can see that she shares w her mother is the color of her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom