Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 10: May-June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
surely if she`s going to be living in st James` palace surley the palace kitchens would cook for her

According to what Andrew told Meredith Vieira, that's no great privilege (at least if you want something hot to eat). :D

Why don't they make kitchens? It's less expensive then having the main kitchen do it and it's a lot of fun. Our BeatrixFan could give PB lessons! :D

I agree. I may not share Pss B's taste in fashion and totally feel alot of her clothing choices are not flattering to her figure, but at least she's herself and not following some fashion trend like a lemming. As for the butterfly hat . . . I wouldn't be seen dead in it. Sorry.

Maybe she has learned a thing about the media: once they talk about your hats, they don't talk about your weight. :D

i really think it was really brave of her to not jus try to hide after all that has been happening..she is a true trooper!! yea..the dress was nice, but the hat???..no comment..it wasnt awful but i guess she was just thinking about what went with her dress :D

Yes, I think that Beatrice has true spunk.

i really think it was really brave of her to not jus try to hide after all that has been happening..she is a true trooper!! yea..the dress was nice, but the hat???..no comment..it wasnt awful but i guess she was just thinking about what went with her dress :D

I liked the hat she wore, but I also liked that one Sarah Jessica Parker wore to her British premier. I'm not a big hat person and I don't get why they are so necessary at events in England but when people do an interesting twist on them...it's cool.

I have never heard this word used to describe a young woman.:flowers:
spunk
1536, "a spark," Scottish, from Gaelic spong "tinder, pith, sponge," from L. spongia (see sponge). The sense of "courage, pluck, mettle" is first attested 1773. A similar sense evolution took place in cognate Ir. sponnc "sponge, tinder, spark, courage, spunk." Spunky "courageous, spirited" is recorded from 1786.

There are other references that are sexual so we won't go there. . .

Pics 23.5.2008

Princess Beatrice and her boyfriend Dave Clarke leaving
Boujis Nightclub at 3.30am. London, England - 23.05.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Nice pics, Ice. She looks a bit older than she is in these photos and seems to be wearing more make-up than she's usually seen in. As for that bf, he strikes me as an Idiot! I so wish she'd dump him and find someone that doesn't look like such a dimwitted Goof!

Skydragon, I definitely meant in the sense of courageous and spirted. I didn't know there were other meanings. :eek::shock::blush::flowers:

spunk
1536, "a spark," Scottish, from Gaelic spong "tinder, pith, sponge," from L. spongia (see sponge). The sense of "courage, pluck, mettle" is first attested 1773. A similar sense evolution took place in cognate Ir. sponnc "sponge, tinder, spark, courage, spunk." Spunky "courageous, spirited" is recorded from 1786.

There are other references that are sexual so we won't go there. . .

Prince Michael of Kent is to vacate his Kensington Palace apartment next year on the grounds that he dosn't carry out official duties on behalf of the Queen. You can't have one rule for one and another for someone else. Beatrice performs no Royal duties so no way is she entitled to live free in a taxpayer maintained Palace. Between this and her and her sister's police protection I am getting really angry at the cost of Prince Andrew's family to the British taxpayer and I intend to write to my M.P. in protest of her getting this apartment. Why should I pay tax to keep this globe-trotting; night-clubbing girl in the style to which she has become accustomed.

Last edited:
Am I understanding this correctly Angela, Prince Micheal is having to move out of his Kensington apartment and Beatrice will move in??

I'm not a British taxpayer (or Prince Micheal), but this would piss me off.
I would protest the security for them as well.

My feeling is that she should have her protection officers until she's finished her education and decides whether she wants to be a working HRH or not. If she doesn't, then she should lose her perks and fend for herself.:flowers:

If anyone's out-of-pocket for Beatrice's expenses (other than police protection), it's her parents or the Queen.

Prince Michael of Kent is to vacate his Kensington Palace apartment next year on the grounds that he dosn't carry out official duties on behalf of the Queen. You can't have one rule for one and another for someone else. Beatrice performs no Royal duties so no way is she entitled to live free in a taxpayer maintained Palace. Between this and her and her sister's police protection I am getting really angry at the cost of Prince Andrew's family to the British taxpayer and I intend to write to my M.P. in protest of her getting this apartment. Why should I pay tax to keep this globe-trotting; night-clubbing girl in the style to which she has become accustomed.

Let's be reasonable here.

Prince Michael of Kent, Her Majesty's cousin, is quitting his grace and favour apartment because of the political fallout pertaining to the fact that he paid a mere 69 pounds pa in rent. As I understand it, Her Majesty has personally paid his rent of 120,000 pounds for the last few years. When Prince Michael and his wife finally retire to Gloucestshire, Her Majesty will pay them a pension, for life, in honour of a promise made to them in 1978.

Unlike Gloucester, Michael of Kent and his wife do very little, actively, for the Monarchy.

Princess Beatrice of York is still a young woman and a student. She is also the monarch's granddaughter which affords her certain privileges, not least of which is security and support until she's completed her education and found her milieu. Should she, indeed, be allotted informal 'digs' in Kensington Palace, why would this be different from those which are allocated to, say, Zara Phillips, her cousin?

I have neither heard nor read of any proposition for Beatrice to supplant Michael and his wife in their apartment. Quite the reverse in fact.

why would this be different from those which are allocated to, say, Zara Phillips, her cousin?
Zara lives on her mothers estate, not in a taxpayer funded residence.

My understanding is that Beatrice will live in St James Palace in an apartment formerly occupied by a senior courtier. It has been vacant for a while.

I think this is a good solution to the problem of how to keep her safe at the least cost (built in security already in place compared to having to secure a new private residence).

I think we all need to remember in this day and age the granddaughter of the Queen is at high risk of kidnap plots and needs protection.

There would be more uproar if the tax payer was paying for the security measures at a private residence.

This is completely unrelated to Prince and Princess Michael of Kent leaving Kensington Palace which has been agreed for years.

Am I understanding this correctly Angela, Prince Micheal is having to move out of his Kensington apartment and Beatrice will move in??

I'm not a British taxpayer (or Prince Micheal), but this would piss me off.
I would protest the security for them as well.
I thought the Kents lived in an apartment at Kensington Palace and Beatrice will reportly have an apartment at St. James Palace.

Cat

I think we all need to remember in this day and age the granddaughter of the Queen is at high risk of kidnap plots and needs protection.

There would be more uproar if the tax payer was paying for the security measures at a private residence.
I doubt two little protection officers could prevent a kidnap attempt and feel that this is a cost that should be picked up by their parents, who is likely to kidnap these two?

We had better start roaring then, because we already pay for their security, whether in a private residence or any one of the royal palaces! :whistling:

I think that it's better to have the young Princesses protected. There are stalkers and overzealous paparazzi about, to say nothing of terrorists. If anything violent every happened to Beatrice or Eugenie, people would be howling over the fact that they weren't protected.

She doesn't look good in those pictures, IMO. Her makeup, especially around her eyes, was much too heavy. I don't think she deserves half the crap the press and others give her, but she needs to get a new look for make-up at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom