Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
Princess Beatrice of York 14

Beatrice-300.png

Arms of HRH Princess Beatrice of York

commencing July 2011

Part 13, which covers the period October 2009 to July 2011 can be found here.

I realise Beatrice got her degree results, but does anyone know if there is a formal graduation ceremony for the students and their families?
I was just curious to know what the norm is in the UK.

Yes. A graduation ceremony will happen sometime in the near feature. My girlfriend will be doing hers in a couple of weeks for her film degree.

Yes. A graduation ceremony will happen sometime in the near feature. My girlfriend will be doing hers in a couple of weeks for her film degree.

Thank you very much for taking time to reply siver-bic, very kind of you.
I wonder will any of Beatrice's family attend?

Thank you very much for taking time to reply siver-bic, very kind of you.
I wonder will any of Beatrice's family attend?

I wonder what the limit is on tickets. My lady's school only gives out two per graduate and it would probably cause a rot if the royals got anything more than what Beatrice's school mandated. I'd assume parents and sister if there are three tickets. If there are two, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Sarah and Eugenie.

I wonder what the limit is on tickets. My lady's school only gives out two per graduate and it would probably cause a rot if the royals got anything more than what Beatrice's school mandated. I'd assume parents and sister if there are three tickets. If there are two, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Sarah and Eugenie.

Huh - why would Andrew not come? I think it would be normal for the two parents to attend...divorced or not.

Huh - why would Andrew not come? I think it would be normal for the two parents to attend...divorced or not.

I said it wouldn't surprise me. Both parents would work just as well.

What about her boyfriend? Rumours are going around he is going to pop the question! They are on holiday together again. I would see Sarah showing up and Andrew if they only get two tickets and then maybe a celebration with David and Eugenie. Is David living with Beatrice? They have been together over 5 years....

What's it mean when a graduate receive's a 2:1 degree in such-and-such subject? Here in the US we just say a Bachelor's of Art or Bachelor's of Science. If you graduate with honors you get a recognition like: magna or summa cum laude or just cum laude depending on how high your GPA.

4PAm - In the British system, a First is what everyone aspires to.
But a 2:1 is acceptable to most employers. My son got a 2:2, and it still got him a place in Scotland because he studied IT.

Nobody really wants to think about a Third....

Renata4711 said:
But a 2:1 is acceptable to most employers. My son got a 2:2, and it still got him a place in Scotland because he studied IT.

Thank you Renata!!!

Renata4711 said:

So the goal is a 1:1?

The 2 is the only split level (2:1 and 2:2). There is no 1:1/1:2 or 3:1/3:2. The 2 was split because both 1 and 3 are very rare, so there needed to be something to distinguish those who fell in the large majority.

Sorry for continuing the deviation off topic!

That shade of green must be in style again, because Kate wore a dress in that shade in Canada. The last time I remember it being popular was in the late 80s.:)
I think it's fine; it's beachwear, after all. But most of the comments are really vicious. Where's all the hostility coming from?

Beatrice lovely in green:

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend David Clark spend the day at Voile Rouge while
on holiday in the South of France, July 10, 2011.

Voile Rouge? Practically the MOST expensive beach club in St. T [naughty Diarist sneaks in her own bottle of water to drink, objecting to paying $15 for a teen, tiny one....] Seriously, I presume either that Mr Clark is paying rather than Beatrice, whose own trust fund must be rapidly diminishing!!!:lol: or - perhaps more likely - the Club gives them a freebie [When William and Harry go to Boujis or similar clubs, the deal is that the young royals have to queue for drinks at the bar same as everyone else, but don't have to pay.....]

Hello

I read in last Point de Vue something crazy, I do not know if this is the correct place to post:
Beatrice has "discharged" her stylist, after the catastrophic appearance in William's wedding! Apparentrly Beatrice was very very sad for all the bad comments she got.

But the MOST crazy is that she was paying this stylist 1500 UK pounds per appearance!

Imagine!!! Pay 1500 pounds and get out like a rhinoceros!!!

Last edited:
I thought she had got the stylist after the hat disaster? If it was before then firing her was a great decision. I wouldn't think Beatrice had access to that much cash. Unless her boyfriend is picking up the bill. I know she has an apartment in SJP but who pays all her bills and I gather she would have maids, cooks etc. The clothes she has been wearing haven't been cheap and most designers would give her a discount but even then they are very expensive.

I do not know the cost of the lifestyle of the high aristocracy, but for me it is crazy to pay such high amounts, for such poor results.

DoCamb succeeded for almost a decade to be pefectly dressed, without any help. Only her good taste!

I thought she had got the stylist after the hat disaster? If it was before then firing her was a great decision. I wouldn't think Beatrice had access to that much cash. Unless her boyfriend is picking up the bill. I know she has an apartment in SJP but who pays all her bills and I gather she would have maids, cooks etc. The clothes she has been wearing haven't been cheap and most designers would give her a discount but even then they are very expensive.

I read Beatrice got the stylist afterward, in response to the criticisms, and that Andrew paid for it.

i believe it's St James Palace and Duchess of Cambridge.

[naughty Diarist sneaks in her own bottle of water to drink, objecting to paying $15 for a teen, tiny one....]

Nothing naughty about not paying ridiculous prices.

Would it be that much of a surprise if she wasn't being charged? A few freebies to the right people pay for themselves. Right now people will buy a lump of **** for their heads if Kate Middleton wears one, Beatrice might not have that kind of clout but the outfits still get photographed and even the bad ones will be liked by someone with too much money and far less sense..

If Beatrice starts accepting too many freebies she is going to go down the path of her mother. Kate doesn't accept freebies and pays for her clothes. A discount seems to be acceptable but not getting free things all the time. I hope Andrew isn't paying for his daughters stylist she has a wealthy boyfriend and with Andrew already supporting her mother his money will run out fast. Besides if Beatrice has a stylist then Eugenie should have one too and that could run up a huge bill. Wearing clothes badly can affect the designer! I can see history repeating itself if people aren't careful.

We don't know that Kate pays for her all clothes. It's assumed and as her star rises she's going to be more likely to receive things for free from her favorite designers.

As for Beatrice going down the same road, there's no real reason to believe she would because she got free stuff. The only reason I would worry about the girl is if she actually believed it was Dave's job to pay for her stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom