Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm not a fan of the hair style, Beatrice looks great with her hair back from her face. It makes her look taller and even more svelte. But even with the wind she still looks teriffic.

I love her winter style and the length of the coat is just right for the season and still manages to look fashionable. The cut of the double-breasted coat really suits her and her shoes add just a touch of wimsy. I don't know what it is about Beatrice but she has such a wonderful smile and animated features. She always seems to look if not "happy" then upbeat.

Last edited:
I personally love this one of Beatrice at the Olympics:

Attachments

• princess beatrice olympics.jpg
    princess beatrice olympics.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 471
Thank you for the pics, iceflower.

I like the fact that Beatrice and Dave always look so happy to be with each other. I don't know whether it is because they really don't care that they are being photographed at private times like this or whether they figure that it's going to happen anyway and it's better to smile rather than scowl. Whatever the reason, I like it. They make me smile.

I first noticed that she didn't button her coat correctly: the first button on the left with the second on the right, but at second look I realise that the last row of buttons on the left doesn't have 2 buttons like the others :whistling: so I think it's just this way. Fashion can make no sense sometimes:bang:

EDIT: I know I'm crazy but I had to look at the coat AGAIN. And now I realise that the last row is not suppose to have 2 buttons... in fact no row has two buttons but one button and one "cut" to introduce the button which is on the right side. Looking better AGAIN the "cut" seems to be there but of course it has no button because she buttoned the coat wrongly, which also explains the lonely button above on the right...

Anyway, nothing of this is important at all.... My mind is just not working very well after being working so many hours in my thesis

Last edited:
Oh, julliette! You've made my day. After reading your post I immediately saved a copy of the pic I had looked at and tried to zoom in to check out this button problem. Seems you were looking at a more highly defined one that I have though, because I can't get a clear look when I zoom. Which is probably good because I was prepared to make a close study and comment. Some minds just like detail. :ROFLMAO:

of course, save a copy and zoom it...How didn't I remember that:bang:

I was looking at it without any kind of zoom lol My mind really likes detail:flowers:

Anyway, the zoom makes the pic a bit blury so it doesn't really help... In any case, after looking at the picture again, with and without zoom, I keep believing she buttoned it wrongly :whistling:
If anyone can identify the coat so that I can check the orignal version, it will be very welcomed

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark were spotted leaving the Loulous Club in Mayfair, London yesterday, December 21, 2012.
Happy and with big smiles :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery **

I don't think I've seen one photo of Dave where he didn't have a huge grin. He seems such a likeable, affable fellow. I think he's really good for Beatrice, and vice versa. They make such an appealing couple.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree. His beaming smile and their obvious happiness together always makes me feel good.

At the pre-Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace Princess Beatrice is seen behind the wheel. I have 2 questions

1st : Why wasn't she with her sister and father ?

2nd : Does anyone know what she drives

I don't think there's any hidden meaning to the Yorks arriving separately, given their separate schedules and possible prior engagements.

It must also be remembered that Beatrice and Eugenie actually live in London while Andrew lives at Windsor and has an apartment in BP.

The girls don't live with their parents anymore but share the apartment in St James' that Beatrice has had since starting uni.

She looks nice I think ,,, but why she wear dark that much ,, there is no wrong with the jacket & skirt ,,, but too much black .

She looks nice I think ,,, but why she wear dark that much ,, there is no wrong with the jacket & skirt ,,, but too much black .

My bet is she wears black because she likes it! :) I rarely wear anything but black, because I like it.

I don't think I've seen one photo of Dave where he didn't have a huge grin. He seems such a likeable, affable fellow. I think he's really good for Beatrice, and vice versa. They make such an appealing couple.

I agree! :flowers:

In the first photo - it looks grey - and I actually thought "she looks good in grey" as I looked at it. Night photos always seem to mess with the colors.

Anyway - I like it all young, not clingy, not overwrought, fresh, updated, yet not seeming to be a toilet seat cover. ;)

In the first photo - it looks grey - and I actually thought "she looks good in grey" as I looked at it. Night photos always seem to mess with the colors.

Anyway - I like it all young, not clingy, not overwrought, fresh, updated, yet not seeming to be a toilet seat cover. ;)

:eek:

I would imagine Gran and Dad and all the rest of them breathe of sigh of relief when she meets them in the entry hall these days.

My bet is she wears black because she likes it! :) I rarely wear anything but black, because I like it.

I like black color too & a very big fan of black color ,, but she wore it in some way looks very black ,,, but anyway she looks nice .

Strange. He's lived in the UK for so long I assumed he'd have a full English accent but there's still, to my ears anyway, quite a lot of American in it.

Ooh! How very strange! I had no idea he spoke with an American accent, which is what is basically sounds like to me. Those are definitely American "r"s. It sounds more American to me than even a mid-Atlantic accent.

He's lived in the UK since he was 5, but went to the American School in London, so I suppose that kept up the accent, and he studied at a university in Massachusetts for a while.

He sounds like an American who has lived in the UK for a long time to me - which is what he is. It's an American accent with a hint of British here and there.

Ooh! How very strange! I had no idea he spoke with an American accent, which is what is basically sounds like to me. Those are definitely American "r"s. It sounds more American to me than even a mid-Atlantic accent.

He's lived in the UK since he was 5, but went to the American School in London, so I suppose that kept up the accent, and he studied at a university in Massachusetts for a while.

It's not a pure American accent, it seems more of a hybrid. He pronounced "model" and one other word with a hard "o", we pronounce those words with a soft "o". And there is no trace of a Massachusetts accent.

It's not a pure American accent, it seems more of a hybrid. He pronounced "model" and one other word with a hard "o", we pronounce those words with a soft "o".

I'm intrigued. Can you give examples of words with soft and hard "o"s? I'm not being a smarty-pants; I'm genuinely curious. I don't understand how you could say "model" more than one way.

mardol - long "o", soft - try it with an american accent.

I'm intrigued. Can you give examples of words with soft and hard "o"s? I'm not being a smarty-pants; I'm genuinely curious. I don't understand how you could say "model" more than one way.

It is REALLY hard to do this in writing. We pronounce "model" a little like "ma-del."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom