Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but one would ask why the company would pay for the additional ticket for someone who isn't even married to said employee. How many members of the company brought their wives/husbands, let alone their girl/boyfriends to that?

I'm sure that Dave would be well-off enough for pay for Beatrice's ticket, assuming that she didn't buy it herself.

People forget her life is not as easy as it seems.We should'nt judge her too harshly.

It's not like she's 30 and she's "doing nothing"

Sure she has been out of uni now for about 4 months and others in the same circumstances are starting work but she has some private income so she can take a bit of time to decide what she wants to do.

If she is still only doing this sort of thing in a year's time I will assume that she is going to be simply the waste of space that many have already classed her as being but I am prepared to give her a bit more time to decide on a future career for herself.

I'm sure that Dave would be well-off enough for pay for Beatrice's ticket, assuming that she didn't buy it herself.

The company might consider the expense justified, by the PR they'll get from Beatrice's presence.

Does Beatrice have security guards when she travels? If not, then it is really her business who pays for all her holidays. But if she does and the British people are paying for them, then it's time that she stayed home and did something worthwhile with her time.

:previous: It is my understanding that she and her sister are no longer protected by the Royal Protection Squad. I guess her father pays the salaries for the witless wonders (Private Protection) that tag along now. Unless, that is, she's ditched them! :whistling:

Reading about the recent visit Eugenie made with her father to a leisure centre the following was stated Andrew hopes to justify his daughters’ guards by taking them on charity visits – he also took Eugenie to a hospital, for example – to prove they are earning their protection (one bodyguard each, at an estimated cost of £250,000 a year per princess). which would suggest that the girls still have security. Prince Andrew STILL insists on helicopters and guards for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online This was only on the 22nd October this year.

Reading about the recent visit Eugenie made with her father to a leisure centre the following was stated Andrew hopes to justify his daughters’ guards by taking them on charity visits – he also took Eugenie to a hospital, for example – to prove they are earning their protection (one bodyguard each, at an estimated cost of £250,000 a year per princess). which would suggest that the girls still have security. Prince Andrew STILL insists on helicopters and guards for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online This was only on the 22nd October this year.

Oh dear, it seems that leopards really can't change their spots. These girls seem to be being used by both parents. It is difficult to see how smiling for photo ops at the bedside of some poor sufferer, every now and again, can be the justification for this huge expense.

Oh dear, it seems that leopards really can't change their spots. These girls seem to be being used by both parents. It is difficult to see how smiling for photo ops at the bedside of some poor sufferer, every now and again, can be the justification for this huge expense.

And one really has to question what a terrorist would gain from going after these girls. They are not really national symbols (like Lord Mountbatten was), not really important for the line of succession as long as their cousins are alive.... So personally I don't see why they are considered targets who need personal protection. My, I'd love to have personal protection, too, when I travel the Munich Metro by night but then any woman would like that! And I don't even think these girls travel by night on public transport but hail taxis, so where's the danger?

Yes but one would ask why the company would pay for the additional ticket for someone who isn't even married to said employee. How many members of the company brought their wives/husbands, let alone their girl/boyfriends to that?

A good point, Silver_bic. I have explored the potential conflicts of interest on this thred earlier; see my posts #136 and #138.

On another thread [about whether Pippa Middleton was 'cashing in' on her royal status] I disclosed the BP test that those close to the BRF were told to 'ask themselves' before accepting lavish treats: basically, if 'X' , girlfriend of Prince Z receives an invitation to an exclusive and expensive occasion funded by a Corporation etc, X has to ask herself 'Am I receiving this because I am now going out with Prince Z, or would I have been sent this anyway [e.g. because I am already a 'London 'girl-about-town?'

Applying this test to the point about Princess Beatrice and Dave, I've come to the conclusion that if Dave had been dating anyone else e.g. a nice but 'unknown' daughter of a reasonably wealthy London lawyer, I am pretty sure that Dave would not have been able to ask her along. No, it's the Royal connection that does it, I am sure.

Do you know, I have come to the conclusion that our wonderfully wise Queen might really be the one who is behind the wish not to allow Princess Beatrice and E to become full time 'working royals'. It may well be Charles' eventual wish, but it's the Queen who is on the throne, and although HM has made small cuts in her duties - e.g. she does not do ALL investitures herself now, she has a longer weekend at Windsor now etc etc - she still 'runs the royal show'. I suppose it is quite convenient in one way for people to be saying 'Beatrice and her sister aren't going to be full time working members of the BRF because Charles doesn't want them and is keen to restrict royal duties in the future to his immediate family etc etc', because such a view cleverly keeps the Queen out of the controversy, and as Charles seems relatively unpopular at the moment anyway, one more bit of controversy attributed to him is not going to significant impact on people's views of him. The Queen herself is, after all, 'quite canny' about the Yorks: each year, we hear that at Christmas 'Beatrice and E and their father are 'at the Big House [Sandringham] on Christmas Day, whilst Sarah is only going to be at a house on the estate'. This view is then usually accompanied by an 'explanatory' statement that Prince Philip 'loathes Fergie'. So in other words, Prince Philip 'draws all the flak'. However, in my circle, the view is that the person who doesn't want Sarah there is actually the Queen [and her advisors], not so much because they 'hate or dislike' Sarah as is sometimes alleged, [actually, I am pretty sure that the queen does NOT hate Sarah, although I have of course no formal proof of this] but because they fear that Sarah might then let slip in her interviews and lectures etc intimate details about the Royal Family Christmas. IMHO opinion, the Queen is a pretty clever and experienced person - she has been reigning for nearly 60 years - and inevitably over the years, she will have picked up the odd 'trick' for keeping herself out of controversies. No, my view is that the reason Beatrice is not doing too much in the way of royal duties is because that is how the queen wants it.

Just my views, and not meant to offend,

Alex

Last edited:

Yes, iluvbertie, I had noticed this apparent contradiction as well. I can only assume that it will finally become transparent when the figures for royal protection [for all royals] for 2011 is announced [some time next year]. I have to say that it also seems to cast a rather negative view on Andrew's execution of his 'royal duties'; it makes him look somewhat self-serving; the purpose of royal visits [to charities, regiments, anything in fact] is basically to 'inspire, encourage, empathise, spotlight, and sometimes to thank and to comfort' [extracted from my old work handbook, incidentally] and therefore NOT to justify the existence or protection of the royal in question.

Alex

And one really has to question what a terrorist would gain from going after these girls. They are not really national symbols (like Lord Mountbatten was), not really important for the line of succession as long as their cousins are alive.... So personally I don't see why they are considered targets who need personal protection. My, I'd love to have personal protection, too, when I travel the Munich Metro by night but then any woman would like that! And I don't even think these girls travel by night on public transport but hail taxis, so where's the danger?

But the same was true of Princess Anne, when her car was attacked in the London street.
There's a lot of crazy people out there, and who knows who they'll go after?

Applying this test to the point about Princess Beatrice and Dave, I've come to the conclusion that if Dave had been dating anyone else e.g. a nice but 'unknown' daughter of a reasonably wealthy London lawyer, I am pretty sure that Dave would not have been able to ask her along. No, it's the Royal connection that does it, I am sure.

Alex

That is what I think as well, and why I questioned whether Dave Clark might be using Beatrice.

Because it so often seems that they are attending one of these Branson events.
I realize that he works there, but it does make me wonder.

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark watched Rafael Nadal of Spain play against Roger
Federer of Switzerland during their group B singles match on day 3 at the ATP World Tour
Finals tennis tournament in London on November 22, 2011. Federer won 6-3, 6-0.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

^^^^^
Any match between Nadal and Federer is riveting & thrilling.

It's true because at the official Leveson inquiry it was stated that the Sun decided not to buy and publish recent pics of "a Royal dancing on a table" because they believed it was a privacy matter. So there were pics of that scene, they were just not published.

From:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jan/09/leveson-pippa-middleton-photos?newsfeed=true

"He also told Leveson the paper frequently turns down pictures if there is any suspicion of invasion of privacy such as pictures of Prince Harry on holiday in the US or recent pictures of a royal dancing on a table at a London nightclub."

Last edited:
It's true because at the official Leveson inquiry it was stated that the Sun decided not to buy and publish recent pics of "a Royal dancing on a table" because they believed it was a privacy matter. So there were pics of that scene, they were just not published.

From:Leveson inquiry: thieves stole photos from Pippa Middleton to sell to Sun | Media | guardian.co.uk

"He also told Leveson the paper frequently turns down pictures if there is any suspicion of invasion of privacy such as pictures of Prince Harry on holiday in the US or recent pictures of a royal dancing on a table at a London nightclub."

This confuses me. Weren't pictures of Harry partying and jumping into a pool at some club just printed? or were they printed by other more dubious outlets?

This confuses me. Weren't pictures of Harry partying and jumping into a pool at some club just printed? or were they printed by other more dubious outlets?
I think he is referring to the allegation that Beatrice danced and sang a Bon Jovi song on a table in a nightclub and they honesty, decency and integrity prevented them from printing any photo's offered!

Move aside Sir Walter, there's a new chivalrous Knight in town! :ROFLMAO:

Move aside Sir Walter, there's a new chivalrous Knight in town! :ROFLMAO:

Well, it's not much and chivalrous is the last word I'd associate with anything Murdoch, but at least it's a little step (though forced) into the right direction. Especially considering that today noone is secure from pics taken by mobile once he or she steps out. So the pics are out there. Question is: is there an interest in publishing them?

Well, it's not much and chivalrous is the last word I'd associate with anything Murdoch, but at least it's a little step (though forced) into the right direction. Especially considering that today noone is secure from pics taken by mobile once he or she steps out. So the pics are out there. Question is: is there an interest in publishing them?

It'll happen. They'll try to sell them again. If it doesn't sell they'll either throw em out there for free or, if they're the greedy sort, wait for a scandal and put them back n the market.

Bea looked good. I do hope the word was out that nobody gave Madge any hydrangeas as she so loathes them. . . .

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom