Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corazon said:
yes, of course. but is nice to see the new generations of royals work for the the firm and don0t only in party in the london's nights.

Beatrice and Eugenie don't only party, i don't remember the last time they were seen coming out of a club. Eugenie is still doing her degree and Beatrice has said she wants a "real" career. Whilst I would like to see them be full time royals, I doubt they will. However the Jubilee is a special year.

muriel said:
Not sure getting a real job is mutually exclusive with going on a state funded jolly.

State funded jolly? Andrew is representing his mother in India as part of the jubilee tour. Just like Harry has just done. What makes that a jolly?

Perhaps Beatrice or Eugenie could "hostess" for her father when events are held at one of the Palaces. People like to have a princess around at these things. A well-dressed, friendly lady adds glamour to things.

Not only that. In former time it was necessary to have a hostess in order for the gentlemen to bring their ladies. Under no circumstances would ladies enter a house without a hostess. On foreign trips, when a prince travelled alone, he normally gave no receptions but attended them solo but if he had to do that (like Andrew will have to do in India) the ambassadour's wife played the hostess. Not sure about today, though.

But having a hostess obviously is important. Or why would it be okay that the designated German president brings his mistress with him to Bellevue Palace to act as his hostess when he is sill married to his wife? (OKay, seperated for 23 years...)

State funded jolly? Andrew is representing his mother in India as part of the jubilee tour. Just like Harry has just done. What makes that a jolly?

When The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, William, Harry or Kate do something it is serious work for the monarchy and the nation but when any other royals (Charles included) it is a 'jolly' or 'holiday' at taxpayes expense even though it is doing the same thing - promoting Britain, promoting the monarchy and allowing the other realms and The Commonwealth to celebrate a milestone for the monarch.

When The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, William, Harry or Kate do something it is serious work for the monarchy and the nation but when any other royals (Charles included) it is a 'jolly' or 'holiday' at taxpayes expense even though it is doing the same thing - promoting Britain, promoting the monarchy and allowing the other realms and The Commonwealth to celebrate a milestone for the monarch.

Is Anne included in the former or latter list? I would hope the hardest working member of the BRF would be appreciated by press and public alike... :whistling:

The value Andrew may or may not add to Anglo-Indian relations may be one for debate, but certainly not in this thread. However, any incremental value Beatrice may add to this, IMO, is zilch. The statement is not intended to casue offence, but my view is that a large, confident nation like India is really unlikely to care about a minor royal appendage tagging along with her father omn a trip like this.

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attended the Fundraising dinner for the Didier Drogba Foundation

Thank you very much for the work you do on presenting us with those many, many links to pics. I really enjoy this and wanted you to know just how much you are appreciated!! :flowers::flowers::flowers::clap::clap::clap:

As for Beatrice: at the moment the rumours that she is interested in a career in fashion are again around. Why does she not show her interest in wearing something bolder? She looks nice enough but black at her age is for mourning or wannabees. IMHO, of course.

muriel said:
The value Andrew may or may not add to Anglo-Indian relations may be one for debate, but certainly not in this thread. However, any incremental value Beatrice may add to this, IMO, is zilch. The statement is not intended to casue offence, but my view is that a large, confident nation like India is really unlikely to care about a minor royal appendage tagging along with her father omn a trip like this.

So what's the issue exactly? Whilst Beatrice may not add anything (of which you cannot actually be certain) I don't see how her attending the trip will have any negative effects. Other than an immediate impact on a royal visit, no member has any real lasting impact. All the royal tours scheduled for the jubilee can be classed as no more than jolly's for the sake.

So what's the issue exactly? Whilst Beatrice may not add anything (of which you cannot actually be certain) I don't see how her attending the trip will have any negative effects. Other than an immediate impact on a royal visit, no member has any real lasting impact. All the royal tours scheduled for the jubilee can be classed as no more than jolly's for the sake.

A senior member of the BRF representing HM sends a very clear message about the seriousness and importance placed on the relationship with India by not just HM personally, but Britain as a whole. In this case, Andrew's former role as a trade ambassador will be useful as Britain attempts to strengthen economic and political ties with countries like India. This can have a lasting and positive impact on the future of our economy.

Having Beatrice tag along will not add anything to this effort. If she wants to go on holiday to India, I am sure she will be very welcome, subject to complying with visa regulations.

That said, if you do think there is specific value she can add to Anglo-British relations or trade, I would love to hear more.

That said, if you do think there is specific value she can add to Anglo-British relations or trade, I would love to hear more.

Not sure about that but she will likely receive some beautiful gems on meeting members of the higher casts of India. Which at least for her mother surely makes the visit worthy of Beatrice's effort...:D

Beatrice has taken to wearing all black if she really wants to work in the fashion industry she needs to show some real style. Not dress in a boring and safe colour all the time. Wonder what happened to that job she was supposed to have been starting this week? As for going to India, I don't see any reason why she is needed. Andrew does plenty of these trips by himself and she really brings nothing to the table. Besides if she has started a new job it's a bit soon to be asking for time off. If she really wants a career she needs to prove herself and not just go to work when it suits her.

Princess Beatrice Looks Nice , But I think She Looks Very Very Dark everythings Black , I Think it’s Need Some Color In Shoes Or Jewelry Or Even The Stocking Not That Much Dark , Thanx For Posting iceflower

I think she wants to show she can be an effective working royal and this would be her best shot... in her grandmother's jubilee year. Her father's travelling is supposed to be cut back now that he is no longer the official trade ambassador. I dont think its any surprse that on the heels of Harry's successful tour this has come up. I'm a bit surprised it hadnt come up before (it may have for all we know)

As rich as this family has become off of its citizenry, I do not feel sorry for anyone in the BRF or any other RF as far as their duties devoted to their 'subjects.' I feel they should invest some of their monies received back into their publics and public projects.

I don't really understand your comment. We were discussing how many engagements various members of the Royal Family do (in particular the Princess Royal.) No one is asking anyone to feel sorry for the RF.

yvr girl said:
I don't really understand your comment. We were discussing how many engagements various members of the Royal Family do (in particular the Princess Royal.) No one is asking anyone to feel sorry for the RF.

IMO, the statement about the Queen of Great Britain and her devoted duty to her 'red boxes' suggests we should some how feel sorry for her. I do not.

NGalitzine said:
Well there is a little thing called The Princes Trust that you might be interested in.

Yes, please explain this trust.

Let's get back on topic....the Current Events of Beatrice.

I Think She Looks Nice , But I Hate That Much Dark Stockings That She Wore , Thanx For Posting

When will she learn that frills and flounces as well as multiple colours simply make her look like a clown - this is no exception.

I don't understand why she is carrying those two handbags that way it just looks odd. And I agree this isn't her best look. Her hair is not good that way either.

Thanks, Ice. I think she looks very nice in these photos.

I don't understand why she is carrying those two handbags that way it just looks odd. And I agree this isn't her best look. Her hair is not good that way either.
She is carrying one totebag and one handbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom