Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Princess Beatrice in Selfridges yesterday evening, around 6.15pm. She was dressed in black, somewhat formally, and looked very much like a young girl at the end of a day at work. It was difficult to tell whether she was just strolling through the store, or if she was on her way out after a day working there.

Update to my previous post - the engagement wasn't an official engagement as it wasn't mentioned in the Court Circular.

Well at least she's doing something more than "having dinner and going to parties".

Muriel; you are lucky. Thanks for the info!

:previous: We generally don't get much info about what Beatrice does during the daytime. Muriel's post is a treat. Could be that she's working but no-one there is allowed to talk about it. The paparazzi are too busy with Pippa to follow Beatrice around!:)

I saw Princess Beatrice in Selfridges yesterday evening, around 6.15pm. She was dressed in black, somewhat formally, and looked very much like a young girl at the end of a day at work. It was difficult to tell whether she was just strolling through the store, or if she was on her way out after a day working there.

Thank you for your post Muriel. It wouldn't be too surprising if Princess Beatrice was working in some capacity at Selfridges. She previously worked there in 2008 during her gap year, so she probably still has connections there.

Princess Beatrice is a 'natural' shop assistant at Selfridges - Telegraph

Are you Bea-ing served? | The Sun |News|Royals

That would be a very hard secret to keep. It is a public place and if you saw her strolling around so would others. It really is in her own best interest for the family to reveal if she is working or not I don't see her as a shop assistant and since her degree had nothing to do with fashion can't work out what she would be doing there. BP said she had several internships at charities on the cards is Selfridges linked to some charity?

That would be a very hard secret to keep. It is a public place and if you saw her strolling around so would others. It really is in her own best interest for the family to reveal if she is working or not I don't see her as a shop assistant and since her degree had nothing to do with fashion can't work out what she would be doing there. BP said she had several internships at charities on the cards is Selfridges linked to some charity?

I think your probably right Meadow, I wasn't thinking it through properly.
Selfridges has a link with Oxfam. I realise this article is from 2010, but it proved succesful, and they have done something similar on a number of occasions since then.

Oxfam Open Pop Up Charity Shop in Selfridges with Celebrity Donations

Am I correct I thinking she'd be a "personal shopper"? If so then they've hired someone who needs a stylist for themselves? How much sense would that make? Lol

I saw that Zenouska Mowatt (Beatrice's cousin) was also there at the WSPA event and apparently she was a committee member. Are there any photos available??

Well at least she's doing something more than "having dinner and going to parties".

Muriel; you are lucky. Thanks for the info!

It was a party or concert that happened to be for WSPA so it is still right to say all she is doing is going to dinner and parties.

This is good news for Beatrice and her future - a private individual who just happens to be part of the royal family. It is also the first sign of the reduction of who will do royal duties - in future the children and siblings of the monarch only along with the grandchildren of the heir it seems (and spouses of course).

Great news for Beatrice as she will have a life without the constant nastiness in the press and I bet that had some bearing on her decision and her father's acceptance of that decision.

This is good news for Beatrice and her future - a private individual who just happens to be part of the royal family. It is also the first sign of the reduction of who will do royal duties - in future the children and siblings of the monarch only along with the grandchildren of the heir it seems (and spouses of course).

Great news for Beatrice as she will have a life without the constant nastiness in the press and I bet that had some bearing on her decision and her father's acceptance of that decision.

How long do yo think it will take for the press and some members of the public to leave her alone and treat her like a private individual? The vitriol about her and her sister is unbelievable. I can just see people hollering that she "took" a job from someone who actually needs it, or she got her job even though she is unqualified. Ugh...I do not envy her at all.

I sincerely hope she finds something that she likes doing and provides her some fulfillment. I don't know very much about her, but what I have seen, I like quite a lot.

How long do yo think it will take for the press and some members of the public to leave her alone and treat her like a private individual? The vitriol about her and her sister is unbelievable. I can just see people hollering that she "took" a job from someone who actually needs it, or she got her job even though she is unqualified. Ugh...I do not envy her at all.

I sincerely hope she finds something that she likes doing and provides her some fulfillment. I don't know very much about her, but what I have seen, I like quite a lot.

Although she will get those sort of comments to begin with as she continues to go underneath the radar and works every day people will begin to leave her alone - the first week or so there will probably be some media interest but that won't last long.

Wspa

See, we don't get info on her engagements until two days after the event. Beatrice and Guy Pelly attended Wild for WSPA at Stamford Bridge. The WSPA stands for World Society for the Protection of Animals. :)

I saw that Zenouska Mowatt (Beatrice's cousin & HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent's grand-daughter) was also there. I found that she is/was a committee member for WSPA. Are you able to find any photo? What is Zenouska doing nowadays?

I couldn't agree more with you; Beatrice is highly unlikely to become a full-time working royal, so finding a job and carving a niche for herself in this life is a step in the right direction.

I saw that Zenouska Mowatt (Beatrice's cousin & HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent's grand-daughter) was also there. I found that she is/was a committee member for WSPA. Are you able to find any photo? What is Zenouska doing nowadays?

The last thing I heard was that Zenouska was working for the Bridgeman Art Library in Paris.

I agree. Beatrice is not followed regularly during the daytime. I expect it will be like when she and Eugenie have had a summer job. There'll be a couple of pictures of them going to work, and that will be it until the next time they show up at a club with famous friends or at some high-society social event or an important engagement in the BRF's calendar.

Although she will get those sort of comments to begin with as she continues to go underneath the radar and works every day people will begin to leave her alone - the first week or so there will probably be some media interest but that won't last long.

:previous:
Yes, well - it's Daily Mail after all. ;)
‘Beatrice would like to play her part in marking her grandmother’s milestone,’ says a source.
Says it all, really. Those unnamed sources, friends and insiders really start getting on my nerves.

Artemisia said:
Yes, well - it's Daily Mail after all. ;)

Says it all, really. Those unnamed sources, friends and insiders really start getting on my nerves.

I can understand her wanting to participate though. She was lovely in the Andrew Marr documentary.

Agreed. I rather enjoyed her tour of The Little House; it was actually quite sweet.
Beatrice could become a valuable asset to the Monarchy if they figure out how to counter all the negative press she gets. Apart from Kate, Beatrice and Eugenie are now the only female royals of the younger generation who could work on behalf of the Queen. However, in order to do that, both Princesses will need to prove themselves; Princess Anne was criticised a lot, yet she kept doing her duty and now is one of them most popular members of the Royal Family.

Wouldn't she be more like Princess Alexandra..cousin to the current Queen...where Beatrice is niece/cousin to future King? B and E might look for a well off fellow to marry and then they could stay involved in "lesser royal" activities. However, I think that they'd do well to carve their own niche and eventually enjoy royal obscurity...living their own lives yet filling up the royal presence at state dinners and the like.

would be nice that beatrice can join to andrew in the tour. after all, she is a queen's grandaughter and a young royal lady. and f she want to work for ''the firm'' why not?

Perhaps Beatrice or Eugenie could "hostess" for her father when events are held at one of the Palaces. People like to have a princess around at these things. A well-dressed, friendly lady adds glamour to things.

would be nice that beatrice can join to andrew in the tour. after all, she is a queen's grandaughter and a young royal lady. and f she want to work for ''the firm'' why not?

Perhaps Beatrice or Eugenie could "hostess" for her father when events are held at one of the Palaces. People like to have a princess around at these things. A well-dressed, friendly lady adds glamour to things.
yes, of course. but is nice to see the new generations of royals work for the the firm and don0t only in party in the london's nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom