The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The story's been taken down. I just got a 404 when I tried the link.
Looks like the Telegraph just moved it to their fashion section:

Clash of the front-row Princesses at Paris Fashion Week - Telegraph

Old 10-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Sounds like the "bodyguard" ain't got no education neither. Maybe he doesn't know that there are princesses in Asia. I can't imagine Princess Beatrice being rude, I really can't.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Beatrice's future have been moved to Duties and Roles of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie

Old 10-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are two more pics of Beatrice on October 5, the day she attended the
Elie Saab Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show, strolling in Paris:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Except for the red hair she's really all her father,isn't she? That 2nd picture really shows his features in her face.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Courtier

Beatrice can also look like Queen Victoria I think it's the eyes. She can look different each time I see her.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Beatrice can also look like Queen Victoria I think it's the eyes. She can look different each time I see her.

I agree; she looks very much like Queen Victoria.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave attended the inauguration of Sir Richard Branson's
new venture - the Spaceport USA in New Mexico, where a lucky few will be able to travel
into space, October 18, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** thesun: Sir Richard Branson pad is so spacey **

** parabolicarc.com: Exclusive Desert Party Pics: Kate Winslet, Branson, Buzz and More **
Old 10-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark are currently sat watching Strictly Come Dancing live on BBC1. She also attended 'O' by Cirque de Soleil in Las Vegas last Friday. http://www.theticketdepot.com/prince...l-in-las-vegas
Old 10-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Nobility

according to the article she visited New Mexico and San Francisco before Las Vegas. Wonder if she flew to San Francisco to see her mom while her mom was in Sunnyvale.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Here they are - as mentioned - in the audience of Strictly Come Dancing:

Old 10-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave attended the inauguration of Sir Richard Branson's
new venture - the Spaceport USA in New Mexico, where a lucky few will be able to travel
into space, October 18, 2011.

** thesun: Sir Richard Branson pad is so spacey **

** parabolicarc.com: Exclusive Desert Party Pics: Kate Winslet, Branson, Buzz and More **

It's odd; people are so quick to criticize the Middletons for any sign that they might be cashing in on a royal connection, but no one says a word about Dave Clark.

I really hope he is not just using Beatrice!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel

It's odd; people are so quick to criticize the Middletons for any sign that they might be cashing in on a royal connection, but no one says a word about Dave Clark.

It's a good point, though I suspect that's because Bea isn't as close to the throne and David won't ever be 'consort' to the monarch (assuming no tragedies befall the family)
Old 10-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Commoner

Dave works for Richard Branson so I'm not sure how he would be using Beatrice in this case.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Dave's never done anything that can be construed as cashing in on royal connections. He comes from a wealthy background and had a great job to begin with, that he was set up by one of Branson's kids might be seen as that family trying to keep their royal connections strong but Dave's been a quiet boy going about his business.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Dave has certainly conducted himself impeccably so far - at least on the face of things, but I think that the point about Richard Branson is well-made.

Richard Branson presents as charming and affable. He went to a good Public School [which in England is a 'private' school], Stowe, perhaps bettter known as the alma mater of HSH Prince Rainier of Monaco. But Richard Branson is also a 'canny lad': he is an inveterate self-publicist when it come to publicising the work and business of his Virgin group of companies: over the years, his PR stunts have served him very well as he highlights his business interests: his balloon crossings, his appearance [cross!]-dressed as a bride to publicise his Virgin weddings empire. Intestingly, in person, he spends a lot of time claiming that he doesn't understand the finer points of business or the corporate world etc. I have even sat in on a meeting with him when he claimed he could not even operate a calculator. Yet he is a man who has built a multi-billion pound business empire. His affable, bumbling ' I don't know what I am really doing' approach has, in fact, served him very well, as it has enabled him to somewhat 'fly below the radar' [aviation pun unintentionalm!!] and avoid any criticism from anti-capitalists etc. etc. He has - cannily - always been very keen to publically proclaim his 'green credentials' whilst in reality operating an airline that is much larger than many fleets whose CEOs etc have drawn a lot of flak from environmentalists.....

I am sure that Richard Branson would never be seen to doing anything so crude as to publically 'trade' off the relationship with his staff member Dave and Beatrice, but it is, in my humble opinion, a potential area of conflict of interest and it would be perhaps naive to think otherwise: just look at Necker Island: Richard Branson has been generous in allowing Dave and Beatrice and for that matter Sarah to holiday at Necker... a kind gesture from the Yorks' friend, I am sure, but do not forget that Necker Island is also available to rent commercially [if you can afford it!!] and I am sure that the 'Royal connection' has done the rental credentials of Necker no harm at all. And I was told at Ascot the other week that the Yorks have all been invited to Holly Branson's Necker wedding in a few weeks' time. A few well-placed pictures of the Yorks at the wedding again won't do any harm to the image of Necker. And now look at the visit by Beatrice to New Mexico. It seems straightforward, but there again, it is a subtle way of getting newspaper column interest as there is a Royal involved.......... so one has to be realistic about the nature of the relationship between Richard Branson and Beatrice.......

Just my thoughts, which are of course not meant to offend,

Diarist
Old 10-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post

And I was told at Ascot the other week that the Yorks have all been invited to Holly Branson's Necker wedding in a few weeks' time. A few well-placed pictures of the Yorks at the wedding again won't do any harm to the image of Necker.
Diarist
Diarist, when you say the Yorks have all been invited to Holly Branson's
wedding are you referring to the three ladies or is Andrew expected to attend as well? I would have throught Necker is very private so I'm not so sure the press would get any photos? I glad that the couple hadn't to change their wedding plans because of the fire.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Irish Eyes, I can only report to forum members what I was told, and that was that 'the Yorks had all been invited', and by that, I took it to mean that Andrew, too, had been included in the invitation.

To put this into context and also give you such background information as I have, although I understand that it is the York ladies who are closest to Richard Branson / Holly etc, when it comes to invitations from Richard Branson to Sarah, [i.e. for holidays/ parties etc] I have in the past been told that such invitations ALWAYS include Andrew as well, on the basis that Branson considers the Yorks as a de facto couple. It's a form of 'politeness' in the UK [and other countries as well, come to that] that unless a formal social event is a sort of 'girls only' type of social occasion [e.g Debutantes' Mothers holding what are known as 'Mums' Lunches'] you always invite both halves of a couple to a party, wedding etc not just the wife, unless the couple has separated. Now, I do know of course that Andrew and Sarah are divorced, but over the years the Yorks have holidayed together etc if you see what I mean..

My own speculation is that [at most] only Sarah and the girls would attend Holly's wedding, as I can't see Andrew going along. I was only told that 'the Yorks had been invited' - whether Sarah and the girls all attend is another matter. The girls may of course have other committments, although I am pretty sure that Sarah would probably be loathe to miss a freebie time in the sun.....

And yes, Irish Eyes, you are quite right, Necker is very private and the paparazzi can't just stalk the island with their long lenses etc but never let it be forgotten that Richard Branson is a canny person when it comes to publicity. I am sure that pictures of Holly's wedding will be released by Branson, and if the York Princesses and indeed Sarah are there, I am sure that some shots of the guests [and there are bound to be a quite a few celebrities there, anyway, I am sure - those are the sort of circles Richard Branson moves in...] will be released too. I would not even be surprised if a deal is done with 'Hello' come to that - in return for a donation to charity etc. And so, even though you are 100 per cent right about the privacy of Necker, I am fairly sure that photos of the occasion will find their way quite legitimately into the public arena. Let's see if I am right...

Hope this helps,

Alex
Old 10-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Nobility

Diarist thank you for taking the time to reply, very much appreciated.
I think your speculation will prove to be spot on. It's been said many times here Diarist but I will say it again, your posts are unrivaled, honest and fair.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Nobility

Virgin on royalty: Richard Branson's children have forged an intriguing social alliance with the young Royals. But is Daddy pulling all the strings? | Mail Online
A little background of the Branson/royal connections
Richard Branson interview: I'm so excited about the wedding of the year - my daughter Holly's - mirror.co.uk
And more - I didn't realize that it all went as far back as William and Harry as children visiting Necker Island w/ Diana.
Not meaning to go into the feared "off topic" but posted in case others, like myself, are interested in the connections between Dave's employer and Beatrice's family.