The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Beatrice and designer Saloni Lodha at the Saloni show at London
Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2012 on September 20, 2011 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Thank you for the pics, Iceflower.

Bea looks lovely, very much so.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Aristocracy

I completely agree! The media coverage of Beatrice seems to reflect some kind of cruel, unreflective mob mentality, like a gang of schoolyard bullies. If they say negative things about her appearance often enough, people seem to believe it.

She IS beautiful, and she has a wonderful life-affirming smile! Her clothes, whatever your view on “the” hat (and personally I liked it) seem to be chosen with a sense of style and fun, and suit her looks. Her battle with severe dyslexia to go on to achieve a 2:1 degree from an excellent university shows that she is also intelligent and hard-working. And when you see her at charity events, you get the impression that she really cares, that she really wants to use her position to help people.

For me, she is a very special young lady, and whatever she chooses to do now, good luck to her in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am so used to seeing fashion horror stories about Beatrice that I almost forgot that mostly people believe her to be the worst dressed, vulgar young person by dint of sheer repetition.

Over and over and over again we are told everything that is wrong with her. From her parents to her hair to her teeth to her dresses to her shoes to her hats to he . . . . . . .

But hold on a minute. All the photo's of her, on this page alone show, a very attractive young woman, so why to we think otherwise?

Bad news sells, and Bea Bashing sells really well! But the one thing in all these pictures that has really caught my eye is her smile. She is almost always smiling! And, when you think of all the bad press she and her family have had over the last few years I think that is pretty special. She looks happy, well adjusted and happy. How great is that?

A photo op: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...31659003251412

Or just a snap on the way: Princess Beatrice's 23rd Birthday: A Look At Her Style Then & Now (PHOTOS, POLL)

http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 09-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Aristocracy

I think Princess Beatrice looks lovely in all the photos, in fact my highest compliment is that in the first photo she looks a little like her beautiful grand-aunt Margaret, who was a real natural beauty.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Bea is a beautiful young lady.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On September 20, Beatrice also attended the memorial celebration for Ted Branson, the father
of Virgin Boss Richard Branson, at the the Royal Geographical Society in London.

** Pic **
Old 10-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave leaving a private event at Ronnie Scott's
Jazz Club in Soho. London, October 4, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages ** gettyimages 2 ** wenn **

** Leggy lady! Princess Beatrice's short hemline shows off the results of all those marathons **
Old 10-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Courtier

Princess Beatrice attending Elie Saab Fashion Show in Paris today.

- Queen Bea! After a night of partying, Princess Beatrice attends Paris fashion week in elegant red dress | Mail Online
- Daylife gallery

I'm very impressed, she's so elegant and beautiful!!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Princess Beatrice attending Elie Saab Fashion Show in Paris today.

- Queen Bea! After a night of partying, Princess Beatrice attends Paris fashion week in elegant red dress | Mail Online
- Daylife gallery

I'm very impressed, she's so elegant and beautiful!!
Hooray for Beatrice! She looks elegant, graciously poses for photographers, and sits, ankles crossed, like a lady. I know these seem like small things, but they really add up when presenting yourself in public.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Hooray for Beatrice! She looks elegant, graciously poses for photographers, and sits, ankles crossed, like a lady. I know these seem like small things, but they really add up when presenting yourself in public.
I noticed that as well. You know who else did that? Princess Caroline of Monaco--now Hanover. Always looked so very elegant and lady like to me as well.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Courtier

Beatrice looks so slim and very elegant. It's good to see her getting some positive comments from the press.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Great appearance! Here are some additions:

** zimbio/bauer griffin gallery: Elie Saab Spring/Summer 2012 RTW show ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **
Old 10-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the dress, love the shoes, love the smile! Beatrice is a credit to the BRF here.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Beatrice is a credit to the BRF here.
By turning up well put together or by attending a foreign fashion show for a day?
She looks good yes, but it'd prefer it if she looked good actually doing something other than watching Size Zero models walk down a catwalk and back.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Serene Highness

Royals in Paris and Thai princess couldn't talk to princess Beatrice

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-Beatrice.html
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
By turning up well put together or by attending a foreign fashion show for a day?
She looks good yes, but it'd prefer it if she looked good actually doing something other than watching Size Zero models walk down a catwalk and back.
Quite right!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
This appearance IS a reflection on the BRF, no matter you might disagree. Look at Princess Anne, a hard working royal who pays no mind to her appearance what-so-ever. A little polish and she would ZING! Now when Beatrice puts herself together such as this look at a charity event, walk-about, or whathave you for The Firm, then yes, we all will be taking her very seriously, in the meantime, this is very good practice for her and I applaud her efforts to look sophistacated and mature.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Royals in Paris and Thai princess couldn't talk to princess Beatrice

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-Beatrice.html

If it is true it is disgusting as behavior!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Administrator

First of all, we don't know if Beatrice said it or if her bodyguard took it upon himself to speak for her.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The story's been taken down. I just got a 404 when I tried the link.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962
The story's been taken down. I just got a 404 when I tried the link.
I got the story when I clicked.....