The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! That's not just harsh, it's nasty!.

From the time she was small she always seemed to have a beaming smile on her face. I think she is just one of those people who have a real joy in living which is, in itself, remarkable as her youth was both difficult and painful. But being Beatrice, her patronages include those where she can and does speak from experience such as The Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre.

Although she is often photographed she is not on the Royal Calendar. Her patronages are something she involves herself with because that's what she wants to spend her spare time doing and, more often than not, go unreported and unremarked.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Beatrice is just delightful. Her smile is like a beam of sunshine; she spreads warmth and a happy feeling. When I see a photo of her smiling at the cameras I feel like smiling, and it seems in Dave she has someone with a similarly happy disposition. Far more appealing to me than those who scowl at the cameras.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

From the time she was small she always seemed to have a beaming smile on her face. I think she is just one of those people who have a real joy in living which is, in itself, remarkable as her youth was both difficult and painful. But being Beatrice, her patronages include those where she can and does speak from experience such as The Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre.

Although she is often photographed she is not on the Royal Calendar. Her patronages are something she involves herself with because that's what she wants to spend her spare time doing and, more often than not, go unreported and unremarked.
Agreed. What a shameful thing to say!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I was struck by how pleasant the photographer and Beatrice were to each other in the video and how she thanked him after he took her photos. Whatever people may say about her looks, she is a pleasant, charming and polite young lady who had the correct upbringing and a solid grounding in good manners. Personally, I find Beatrice to be quite attractive anyway and her personality is such an asset for her.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
out of interest - has the original quote been deleted? I'm asking cos I cant see anything that you make you and Marg respond like this. Dont need to know who is was, by the way

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think Beatrice is just delighted at having her picture taken!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
out of interest - has the original quote been deleted? I'm asking cos I cant see anything that you make you and Marg respond like this. Dont need to know who is was, by the way
I'm confused too, nothing shameful or nasty about stating that Beatrice appears to enjoy being photographed, she's had a bit part in a movie, hangs w/ B list actors, and poses at various events which she attends and in the past has worn hats that screamed look at me. It's too soon for me to form an opinion that she seeks press exposure, but I've seen evidence that could cause others to conclude that like her mother (and her Aunt Diana) she enjoys whatever fame she has. Particularly when compared to Eugenie who gives off a very indifferent to the press vibe. Of all QEII's grandchildren Beatrice seems most interested in being in the public eye, to me.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Courtier

I agree I don't find anything nasty about that comment. Beatrice does seem to enjoy having her picture taken. Nothing wrong with that it's part of the perks of being a Royal she chooses to enjoy it her sister seems a little more private.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I'm confused too, nothing shameful or nasty about stating that Beatrice appears to enjoy being photographed, she's had a bit part in a movie, hangs w/ B list actors, and poses at various events which she attends and in the past has worn hats that screamed look at me. It's too soon for me to form an opinion that she seeks press exposure, but I've seen evidence that could cause others to conclude that like her mother (and her Aunt Diana) she enjoys whatever fame she has. Particularly when compared to Eugenie who gives off a very indifferent to the press vibe. Of all QEII's grandchildren Beatrice seems most interested in being in the public eye, to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I agree I don't find anything nasty about that comment. Beatrice does seem to enjoy having her picture taken. Nothing wrong with that it's part of the perks of being a Royal she chooses to enjoy it her sister seems a little more private.
Thank you. There was certainly no malicious intent in my post, so I was quite surprised to see the responses.

Beatrice is at the stage of her life where she is seeking to carve out a career for herself. It is clear that "The Firm" are not offering her a role at this stage, so that career will be one she will have to forge independently. She is fortunate that she can have access to any potential employer she wants; what comes of those opportunities is really up to her. She only has a finite time to make something of her independent career. That she is often seen (and photographed) at places frequented by B/C list celebs does not do much for her to be seen in positive light.

In my mind, there is little doubt that Beatrice does often frequent places where there are likely to be photographers.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Courtier

From what I saw in the video, and my interpretation, is that Bea seems to be a pleasant and polite young lady. I didn't really get the impression that she was wooing photographers. They were there, she was there, they took her picture and greeted her and she greeted them. I didn't especially interpret her "thanks" as a "thank you for taking my picture". Just an added note, I'm not a particular fan .....
Old 12-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Majesty

There's nothing wrong in saying a nice "hello" to the photographers. The Countess of Wessex used to say "hello" to the photographers when she was dating Prince Edward back in the 90's and she used to even accept flowers from them on her way to work.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 12-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Nobility

Being polite and civil doesn't cost a thing and can only work in your favor. Being rude, acting irritated or pulling faces only gives fuel to critics and bad press.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Beatrice attended the launch of the Beulah London/French Sole collaboration in aid of the UN Blue Heart Campaign at The George Club in London today, December 10.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 12-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Beatrice attended the launch of the Beulah London/French Sole collaboration in aid of the UN Blue Heart Campaign at The George Club in London today, December 10.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
Beatrice looks so elegant.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Commoner

HRH Princess Beatrice meets performers from the Nutcracker

view photos here

HRH Princess Beatrice meets performers from Chelsea Ballet Schools starring in today’s Nutcracker on Friday december 13 2013
the first photo belongs to the duke of york’s twitter the last photo is from Photography by ASH
Old 12-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Commoner

HRH Princess Beatrice at society wedding of Zoe Stewart and Jake Warren

view photos here

HRH Princess Beatrice at society wedding of Zoe Stewart and Jake Warren accompanied by her boyfriend Dave Clark on Saturday 14 Dec 2013
Old 12-16-2013, 05:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Cressida Bonas is every inch the bohemian style queen in a pretty floral garland and faux fur scarf as she joins Princess Beatrice at society wedding | Mail Online
Old 12-17-2013, 04:21 AM
Commoner

HRH Princess Beatrice At Charity Water Ball 2013

view the photos and info here
Old 12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post
view photos here

HRH Princess Beatrice meets performers from Chelsea Ballet Schools starring in today’s Nutcracker on Friday december 13 2013
the first photo belongs to the duke of york’s twitter the last photo is from Photography by ASH
Lucky Beatrice! Saw the Nutcracker on Sunday- magical!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Administrator

It is time for a new thread, which can be found here Princess Beatrice of York Current Events thread 15: January 2014 .

Thanks to all who have posted!

Closed Thread