The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #761  
Old 12-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,889
Y'know, its even very possible that Beatrice doesn't give a fig (newton or otherwise) if she's an "official" working member of the Royal Family or not. Perhaps we're all making a mountain out of a molehill here.

I would think there's a very strong possibility that Beatrice is working for her charities and patronages for no other reason than she's actually very interested in what they are and what they do and feels she wants to do what she can for them.

If she feels that her time and energies should be directed towards this calling as her future, I would think that people would admire her altruism and caring heart rather than whine about getting a "real" job. Not many among us would or could have the opportunities Beatrice has to make an impact on other's lives and do it because they want to and not because they are expected to.

Just a bit of food for thought. Now I'm hungry again..... ahh such is life.
__________________

__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #762  
Old 12-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,040
I'm sorry but I consider 6th in line pretty low in the pecking order and she's only going to move further away from the throne when William and Kate have more children and Harry starts a family.
__________________

__________________
  #763  
Old 12-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,491
6th is actually quite high when you remember who can be Coucillors of State - those who stand in for the monarch when said monarch is out of the country. They are the next four in the line of succession over 21 and resident in the UK - currently Charles, William, Harry and Andrew. Unless The Queen lives to see George reach 21 and then Charles lives to see a younger sibling reach 21 then Beatrice will be high enough to be able to actually sign legislation into law.
__________________
  #764  
Old 12-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 1,095
The consort of the sovereign is also one. So when Charles is King, he, Camilla, William and Harry would all have to be out of the country for Andrew and Bea to be needed to sign stuff.
__________________
  #765  
Old 12-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Y'know, its even very possible that Beatrice doesn't give a fig (newton or otherwise) if she's an "official" working member of the Royal Family or not. Perhaps we're all making a mountain out of a molehill here.

I would think there's a very strong possibility that Beatrice is working for her charities and patronages for no other reason than she's actually very interested in what they are and what they do and feels she wants to do what she can for them.

If she feels that her time and energies should be directed towards this calling as her future, I would think that people would admire her altruism and caring heart rather than whine about getting a "real" job. Not many among us would or could have the opportunities Beatrice has to make an impact on other's lives and do it because they want to and not because they are expected to.

Just a bit of food for thought. Now I'm hungry again..... ahh such is life.
Couldn't agree more!
__________________
  #766  
Old 12-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 8,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The consort of the sovereign is also one. So when Charles is King, he, Camilla, William and Harry would all have to be out of the country for Andrew and Bea to be needed to sign stuff.
Not necessarily - the monarch can appoint any 4 of the CoS's not just the first two available in the line of succession so it could be Andrew and Beatrice due to the other commitments of William and Harry as this only happens when the King is absent and that usually means the consort is away as well e.g. Philip has been eligible since 1952 and has never served as he has always accompanied The Queen when she has gone overseas.
__________________
  #767  
Old 12-03-2013, 05:39 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,325
.

Beatrice and boyfriend Dave attended the private view of Nikolai von Bismarck's new photography exhibition 'In Ethiopia' at 12 Francis Street Gallery in London today, December 3. On pic 2 you can see them with Prince Pavlos and Princess Maria-Olympia.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #768  
Old 12-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,124
Maria-Olympia looks so much like her mother, Dave looks like a 12 year old school kid in that jacket.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #769  
Old 12-04-2013, 05:27 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,124
Princess Beatrice joins Poppy Delevingne and Pixie Geldof at exhibition viewing | Mail Online

That looks a bit, off, to me - http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...28_306x633.jpg
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #770  
Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,762
Princess Beatrice joins Prince Harry's former girlfriend Chelsy Davy at exhibition-
Princess Beatrice mingles with Prince Harry's former girlfriend Chelsy Davy at exhibition - hellomagazine.com
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
  #771  
Old 12-04-2013, 06:47 PM
duchesschicana's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 30
HRH Princess Beatrice at Christmas Carols by Candlelight Event

HRH Princess Beatrice at Christmas Carols by Candlelight held in St Luke’s Church, Chelsea, on Monday, 2 December, 2013

This year Christmas Carols by Candlelight was in aid of Children in Crisis in which HRH Princess Beatrice is a global ambassador of , she was a guest reader at this event, sadly no pictures

—————————————————————————————————————-

Christmas Carols by Candlelight | Children in Crisis
__________________
  #772  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:50 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,325
.

Princess Beatrice out and about in London yesterday evening, December 4, 2013:



** Pic ** dailymailarticle: The cut-price princess: Beatrice dines at trendy new London restaurant.. ** vimeo video **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #773  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.

Princess Beatrice out and about in London yesterday evening, December 4, 2013:



** Pic ** dailymailarticle: The cut-price princess: Beatrice dines at trendy new London restaurant.. ** vimeo video **
She really is such a lovely girl. Polite even to the paparazzi. Can't help but notice how she has a high-pitch voice very similar to HM The Queen when she was her age. Eugenie's voice couldn't be more different.
__________________
  #774  
Old 12-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 370
Beatrice's necklace looks exactly like the necklace Catherine wore to the movie to me, how odd.
__________________
  #775  
Old 12-05-2013, 04:49 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Beatrice's necklace looks exactly like the necklace Catherine wore to the movie to me, how odd.
nice catch - I think it is the same.
__________________
  #776  
Old 12-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,762
It does appear to be the same necklace. Very nice of Beatrice to say hello to the paps.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
  #777  
Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 PM
LauraS3514's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA, United States
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It does appear to be the same necklace. Very nice of Beatrice to say hello to the paps.
I remember Sarah once being quoted saying she taught her daughters to smile for the photographers because "no-one wants to see a grumpy princess".
__________________
  #778  
Old 12-06-2013, 03:42 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchesschicana View Post

This year Christmas Carols by Candlelight was in aid of Children in Crisis in which HRH Princess Beatrice is a global ambassador of , she was a guest reader at this event, sadly no pictures

Here are some pics of the Christmas Carols by Candlelight event on Monday!



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** fb: Christmas Carols by Candlelight **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #779  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Posts: 88
Love seeing so much of HRH Princess Beatrice. Her bright eyes and smile are a real treat. And she always looks genuinely happy to be helping out her patronages.
__________________
  #780  
Old 12-06-2013, 01:23 PM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
Love seeing so much of HRH Princess Beatrice. Her bright eyes and smile are a real treat. And she always looks genuinely happy to be helping out her patronages.
I think Beatrice is just delighted at having her picture taken!
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary's Working Visit to New York; September 27-28, 2013 dazzling Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 16 10-07-2013 07:28 PM
Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 9: July 2013 - October 2013 dazzling Archives 395 10-05-2013 07:40 AM
Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2011 - September 2011 iceflower Archives 392 09-10-2011 03:45 AM
Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 2: July 2010 - February 2011 JessRulz Archives 385 02-27-2011 08:25 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]