The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
Ditto. And she's very lucky because she still manages to be pretty.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I have a thyroid condition and my sister is a doctor who specializes in this ... so I kinda know on this one.
Have you or your sister even met Beatrice let alone physically examined her? If not then no I would say you do not "kind of know" but are merely passing around unqualified speculation as fact.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 7m
Princess Beatrice has become Patron of 'Fashion for the Brave', an annual event to raise money for armed forces charities. #royal #exclusive

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 7m
Princess Beatrice has become Patron of 'Fashion for the Brave', an annual event to raise money for armed forces charities. #royal #exclusive
Well done Beatrice! Looking forward to seeing her at the event, which besides easing money for a awesome cause, sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Majesty

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 46m
Princess Beatrice visited St Peter's School, Farnham, and joined Val Bloom for a @ArkellDyslexia workshop #daw13 pic.twitter.com/EzAerU7296

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Gentry

HRH Princess Beatrice seems to be spending a lot more time learning the royal ropes these days. Searched her name on twitter and here are a few recent things that popped up:

"Scott Forbes ‏@forbes19
Incredible day meeting HM The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and Princess Beatrice of York (@TheDukeOfYork) at Buckingham Palace"

"Ben Mallon ‏@BenMallon_NI 2h
Unbelievable time in the Palace! Even had the opportunity to speak briefly with HM The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh and Princess Beatrice!"
Old 10-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Courtier

Here's more. Princess Beatrice has also met Malala Yousafzai:

'Youth, Education and the Commonwealth' reception | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
https://twitter.com/allthingsregal/s...974912/photo/1

She does seem much more involved than in the past; it seems odd because I thought the Palace said she was not becoming a full-time royal!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Gentry

Here is a post from the British Monarchy's official twitter:

Gallery: Princess Beatrice meets education campaigner Malala Yousafzai during a reception for 'Youth, Education ... 'Youth, Education and the Commonwealth' reception | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 46m
Princess Beatrice visited St Peter's School, Farnham, and joined Val Bloom for a @ArkellDyslexia workshop #daw13 pic.twitter.com/EzAerU7296
Love that pic!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Please note that the posts regarding Beatrice's role in the British Royal Family have been moved to Duties and Roles of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie .

Old 10-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Gentry

Just curious, do we have any evidence that Dave Clark has met HM The Queen? Or is there tradition that The Queen isn't introduced to future spouses until or just prior to a marriage engagement?
Old 10-25-2013, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
Just curious, do we have any evidence that Dave Clark has met HM The Queen? Or is there tradition that The Queen isn't introduced to future spouses until or just prior to a marriage engagement?
This is not a current event but we have no evidence he has met HM The Queen. there hasn't been a lot of speculation about him unlike what we had with Catherine. The Queen more than likely meets girlfiends/boyfriends/fiancees at some family event.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Majesty

He did attend Zara's wedding with Beatrice so might have met The Queen there.

We also don't know if he mightn't have met her at a private family event - such as dinner. Both he and Beatrice live in London so it is possible that they do have dinner or tea or lunch sometimes at BP with Andrew or The Queen or...

on the other hand - maybe he hasn't met her.

We do know that The Queen met Diana and Sarah as children and Camilla as the wife of her Silver Stick (or some such post). She allowed Sophie to spend time with Edward in his apartment in BP - so presumably met her there and Autumn was invited on a summer cruise before she was engaged.

It is possible that they have met and it is also possible that they haven't met.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Commoner

Princess Beatrice visits Telegraph Ski and Snowboard Show

The 25-year-old skier was given a 30-minute guided tour of the event during a low-key visit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BX6ny3rCMAA1HfT.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	290407  
Old 10-31-2013, 10:19 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if Beatrice is going to visit Eugenie for a little skiing in the U.S.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I am always a little surprised when people speculate as to whether any young royal's present significant other has met HM. How on earth would we know, indeed how on earth would the media know?

We are often "surprised" that certain unlikely royals had a get together, surprised only because we are told they are not "close". How would they or we know?

It seems that various members of the family get together for all sorts of reasons and, unless it is a "Royal Engagement" I am pretty sure the current significant others are present.

I am pretty sure that both Granny and Grandpa have met any number of their children and grandchildren's friends over the years. It's just that nobody who wishes to remain a friend rushes off to brag to he media.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am always a little surprised when people speculate as to whether any young royal's present significant other has met HM. How on earth would we know, indeed how on earth would the media know?

We are often "surprised" that certain unlikely royals had a get together, surprised only because we are told they are not "close". How would they or we know?

It seems that various members of the family get together for all sorts of reasons and, unless it is a "Royal Engagement" I am pretty sure the current significant others are present.

I am pretty sure that both Granny and Grandpa have met any number of their children and grandchildren's friends over the years. It's just that nobody who wishes to remain a friend rushes off to brag to he media.
I think especially as children, things happened. Imagine running down some hallway and running into the Duke of Edinburgh or Her Majesty, Charles or Camilla, Anne (oh heavens, running into Anne!). I'm sure every young friend wanted to see the corgis or the horses or the armor, where the ghost lived, etc., the way kids always do. Plenty of opportunity to run into someone.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Commoner

I don't know if anyone is interested I saw the contestants talking about this on twitter. There's a Princess Beatrice fashion competition at Huddersfield University . 20 university contestants have been chosen to make an outfit for Princess Beatrice that she will wear at an upcoming event I think for fashion for the brave one. The line will be sent to the palace where Beatrice will make her choice. Personally, I think she should wear them all at different events not only one. I do hope along with the Huddersfield University outfit that she will wear the necklace that Huddersfield University student Sarah Catterall made for her in june to complete the look .
http://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.files...9-21-44-pm.png
Old 11-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Here's more. Princess Beatrice has also met Malala Yousafzai:

'Youth, Education and the Commonwealth' reception | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
https://twitter.com/allthingsregal/s...974912/photo/1

She does seem much more involved than in the past; it seems odd because I thought the Palace said she was not becoming a full-time royal!

I think the BRF will quietly have her grown on all of us until it appears as if she's always been there all along, the public gets used to seeing her, the public appreciates her work and enthusiasm, and then at some point her appearances will be listed in the CC without a word of explanation.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Commoner

@graciegiraffe I agree with you. I wouldn't be surprised if one day she just becomes a working royal, I quite like the girl. so I wouldn't mind it that much as long as she keeps up the work