The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Yes, me. And the DM readership, and apparently also others in this forum.

It's all in the way she's presented, as needing a break on the Riviera when she was there just last month. The article also shows her on a yacht with her friends, which gives an impression of luxury and wealth.
I could also find dozens of pictures of Beatrice at clubs and society events.

But I'm willing to bet you can't come up with a single photo of Beatrice at work.
Or even the name of the finance company where she works?
I could also find a dozen pictures of Prince William and Henry on holiday, on yachts, falling out of clubs in the early hours, going out for dinner with friends - exactly what's the problem with any of those things?

Like I pointed out Beatrice has been on 3 holidays since starting her full time job. 2 more than likely (if you have an objective mind) were over long weekends. I've had more holiday time than this girl.

It's all in the way it's presented, is it? Well that's got everything to do with the Daily Mail, which you seem to believe wholeheartedly word for word, than what Beatrice is actually doing. She's on holiday in summer time, SHOCKER!

No I can't come up with a picture of Beatrice sat at a desk crunching numbers, or the name of the company she works for and why should I? Why should we know that?

Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
INo I can't come up with a picture of Beatrice sat at a desk crunching numbers, or the name of the company she works for and why should I? Why should we know that?

Because sadly unlike you and I and many others here if we don't have that information and the 'proof' then it is better to believe that she isn't working rather than believe that the reports that she is working is actually true.

Sadly there are people who prefer to believe ALL the negative stories and none of the positive stories about the royals.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Because sadly unlike you and I and many others here if we don't have that information and the 'proof' then it is better to believe that she isn't working rather than believe that the reports that she is working is actually true.

Sadly there are people who prefer to believe ALL the negative stories and none of the positive stories about the royals.
I think that should read .... "there are sad people who prefer to believe etc."

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-31-2013, 01:13 AM
Nobility

I'm not sure if this is where Princess Beatrice is still working, but a firm is mentioned that might be the one.

Solving the Princess Beatrice conundrum - Royal Quarters - Macleans.ca
Old 08-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Majesty

Stars told ‘bring your trainers’ for Bea’s 25th:
MoS diary: Stars told ¿bring your trainers¿ for Bea¿s 25th | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@yorkpress: Princess to be patron of York's Theatre Royal http://t.co/TA1ZZ5hGA2

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1059...Theatre_Royal/

Princess Beatrice to become patron of my closest theatre.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Majesty

She is really connecting to the 'of York' part of her name at the moment which is lovely.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
@yorkpress: Princess to be patron of York's Theatre Royal http://t.co/TA1ZZ5hGA2

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1059...Theatre_Royal/

Princess Beatrice to become patron of my closest theatre.
What a lucky duck you are!
Well done Beatrice for supporting the arts.
I think it would be fantastic if she took a group of children from the hospice she supports for an evening to remember at the theater.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Majesty

Happy Birthday to HRH Princess Beatrice of York.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

The press was saying that Dave Clark would announce their engagement at the party, but I guess he didn't?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The press was saying that Dave Clark would announce their engagement at the party, but I guess he didn't?
The party may be tonight as her birthday was on a Thursday.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Majesty

Now 25 will Princess Beatrice be able to fulfil a royal role:
Now 25 will Princess Beatrice be able to fulfil a royal role | Royal | News | Daily Express

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Now 25 will Princess Beatrice be able to fulfil a royal role | Royal | News | Daily Express

I knew she couldn't hold a regular job and run about everywhere the way she does, but when I expressed doubt about the job, I was called sad and misguided.

I hate to say I told you so, but...
Oh, who am I kidding? I love to say I told you so!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I knew she couldn't hold a regular job and run about everywhere the way she does, but when I expressed doubt about the job, I was called sad and misguided.

Maybe Beatrice doesn't really want a career; some girls would rather pursue charitable causes than a high-flying career, if they had a chance. As a royal, Beatrice doesn't need to support herself, and could throw herself into charity if she wanted; and it does seem like she has been taking on more patronages recently (like the Royal York Theatre).

The press won't go easy on Beatrice unless she really does become a full-time royal with the work ethic of Princess Anne, though...unless she gets married and devotes her time to family. With the news that she has apparently quit her job, I wonder if she and Dave are getting engaged soon?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Sorry to burst your excitement bubble but it says she's given up her job to focus on her existing and new patronages. She's swapped one job, for several. I don't quite no what you mean by "run about" because it's been explained numerous times that her holidays, evenings out and royal events came out of allotted holiday and lunch hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
With the news that she has apparently quit her job, I wonder if she and Dave are getting engaged soon?
How'd you figure? Is it Dave forcing her to give her job so she can be a stay at home mum?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:

Thanks for the article. I wonder when she quite her job?

It seems she wants to take on more royal duties, so I wonder if she'll now become a full-time royal?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Nobility

Other examples have shown keeping a regular job, excluding the military, and being intimately involved in the senior RF just don't mix-conflicts of interest, functions to attend, media involvement, etc.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Other examples have shown keeping a regular job, excluding the military, and being intimately involved in the senior RF just don't mix-conflicts of interest, functions to attend, media involvement, etc.
In fairness i think Beatrice and Eugenie have been left alone to get on with their jobs by the media. I understood the fact that the media made it impossible for Kate to work a normal job (they stalked her to and from work everyday and then made a fuss about her being 'waity katy' and not having a job). However the York girls have been left alone so I can't see any of those reasons being why Beatrice left her job. However before we all jump to conclusions its worth considering she may have only been on a short term contract which has now run its course or she may have found another job.

IMO I hope she isn't leaving to do royal duties simply because I think while yes there is perhaps a need for more full time royals now in several years time (when Will, Kate, Harry work full time) she will become less and less needed and eventually become regarded (by the media) as 'unnecessary' and a drain on the public purse. I think for Beatrice herself it would be better for her to make a future life for herself now, earn her self a career she can go to. Of course she doesn't need to, I'm sure she could afford not to have a job but for own interest i think it would be better.

If she is going to work as a full time royal I hope she cuts down on her holidays (or at least takes less luxurious ones) so she doesn't get criticised and to prove the media wrong throws herself into her work with the same attitude as the harder working royals such as Princess Anne to name but one.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
In fairness i think Beatrice and Eugenie have been left alone to get on with their jobs by the media. I understood the fact that the media made it impossible for Kate to work a normal job (they stalked her to and from work everyday and then made a fuss about her being 'waity katy' and not having a job). However the York girls have been left alone so I can't see any of those reasons being why Beatrice left her job. However before we all jump to conclusions its worth considering she may have only been on a short term contract which has now run its course or she may have found another job.

IMO I hope she isn't leaving to do royal duties simply because I think while yes there is perhaps a need for more full time royals now in several years time (when Will, Kate, Harry work full time) she will become less and less needed and eventually become regarded (by the media) as 'unnecessary' and a drain on the public purse. I think for Beatrice herself it would be better for her to make a future life for herself now, earn her self a career she can go to. Of course she doesn't need to, I'm sure she could afford not to have a job but for own interest i think it would be better.

If she is going to work as a full time royal I hope she cuts down on her holidays (or at least takes less luxurious ones) so she doesn't get criticised and to prove the media wrong throws herself into her work with the same attitude as the harder working royals such as Princess Anne to name but one.
The working royal family only work for approx 8 months of the year, and not 5 days a week. They all take holidays. Anne has bought herself a £500,000 boat and sails around the coast of Scotland. Far too wet and chilly for the paps and the DM. It's a matter of taste isn't it?

Its a "crime" to go somewhere hot (William, Catherine, DoY, Beatrtice, Eugenie) but ok to spend a lot of money somewhere damp and chilly.

It's a weird attitude cos they are all on holiday having a good time.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
No one, including the DM and its readers, envies anyone spending their time in the cold and wind and rain of Scotland. Even the DM cannot manufacture a story that makes Balmoral seem glamorous. Ibiza, or the Riviera now theres a location the DM can really whip up a good yarn about.