The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I was thinking that it gets published by SJP or whoever as a counterpoint to the public engagements.

I think she and her sister will find a balance - I wish them well because I think sometimes their parents choices have left them between a rock and a hard place.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Beatrice officially opened the new Trinity Academy building in Halifax today, June 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** itv.com: Pictures: Princess Beatrice in Halifax **

** halifaxcourier.co.uk: Princess Beatrice opens new academy **

** itv.com: Video: Hundreds turn out for Princess Beatrice at Trinity Academy **

** express.co.uk: True blue: Princess Beatrice wears frilled skirt to open new academy in West Yorkshire **

** pp gallery: Princesse Beatrice d'York: Fan des jupes courtes, elle charme la Trinity Academy **

Old 06-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Majesty

Princess Beatrice looked great at the opening and it looks like everyone enjoyed meeting her.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Disgusting title;
Princess Beatrice skips Royal Ascot to sell Trinity Academy School in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and Forget Me Not Children's Hospice and Huddersfield University | Mail Online

Quote:
Look, Daddy, I CAN earn my keep! Princess Beatrice skips Royal Ascot to visit hospice and university and open academy school.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Im not even going to bother to read it. That rag is definitely a troll magnet

Old 06-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Get rid of the skirt and she looks great.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Get rid of the skirt and she looks great.
Now that would have been news

Old 06-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Courtier

I'm amazed that people and the media are "surprised" when Beatrice and Eugenie do anything correctly! These are two well-educated, well-adjusted young women who have been raised by both parents to respect their lineage and the people with whom they come into contact. Why on earth does anyone think that these two can't do anything?

Give it up, people! These two may be the one thing that Fergie has done well. And, frankly, it's the only thing that matters in the end.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I'm amazed that people and the media are "surprised" when Beatrice and Eugenie do anything correctly! These are two well-educated, well-adjusted young women who have been raised by both parents to respect their lineage and the people with whom they come into contact. Why on earth does anyone think that these two can't do anything?

Give it up, people! These two may be the one thing that Fergie has done well. And, frankly, it's the only thing that matters in the end.
Amen to that.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Not keen on the outfit the top part looks secretary and the bottom part doesn't go at all. She did a good job but she needs to watch some of those over exaggerated facial expressions. It doesn't look good at all. The kids seemed to have a good time it helps not being that much older then them.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Amen to that.
I agree, I've only been impressed at Beatrice. Attitude is everything in my book and she seems genuinely eager to step up and help whenever and wherever she can. I am one of those who think she can be an asset to the royal family.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Now that would have been news
Oh, I see what you mean. You are right. I meant different skit would have been much better. More tailored, not ruffles.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Majesty

Video:
Watch Princess Beatrice speech as she opens a school on solo engagement-
Watch Princess Beatrice speech as she opens a school on solo engagement - Mirror Online

Nice catch with the curtain.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-22-2013, 03:53 AM
Majesty

She speaks very well and is totally connected to what she is doing (unlike William and Kate who come across quite stilted when giving speeches).
Old 06-22-2013, 04:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, she did very well. And she even handled the collapsing curtain with aplomb!

I'm wondering whether Dave might have been giving her some tips about public speaking.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:01 AM
Majesty

Considering she was the Head Girl at her school I suspect that she has had some experience of public speaking before (note that neither William nor Harry were chosen for that role at Eton and yet Peter, Charles and Edward were all Head Boys at Gordonstoun and they have always spoken well in public while William in particular mumbles a lot - to the extent that I usually need to read the text of his speeches as he is virtually unintelligible while Harry isn't much better - maybe Eton doesn't worry about public speaking as a skill at school).
Old 06-22-2013, 06:53 AM
Courtier

Yeah? I thought she looked quite nervous and kept thanking them over and over for having her there. Not a great speaker I though but a humbled and nervous one. She looked friendly and eager to please and with NO AIRS AND GRACES. I noticed too that her accent was quite normal unlike Kate's.

The curtain catch was spot on!!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Majesty

I liked the fact that she spoke from the heart - no notes - and was referring to what she had seen and done at the school herself during the tour - so took notes of what she was shown and commented on that.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Majesty

I think both Beatrice & Eugenie have learned a lot from their parents and grandparents. Both Andrew & Sarah are very good at public speaking and without notes. They have accompanied their parents on official engagements and The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh too.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Nobility

A whirlwind romance: Chelsy battles with bride's billowing dress as William and Harry lead Royal party at society wedding of year | Mail Online

Beatrice attending Lady Melissa Percy's wedding.