Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, do we have any evidence that Dave Clark has met HM The Queen? Or is there tradition that The Queen isn't introduced to future spouses until or just prior to a marriage engagement?

Just curious, do we have any evidence that Dave Clark has met HM The Queen? Or is there tradition that The Queen isn't introduced to future spouses until or just prior to a marriage engagement?

This is not a current event but we have no evidence he has met HM The Queen. there hasn't been a lot of speculation about him unlike what we had with Catherine. The Queen more than likely meets girlfiends/boyfriends/fiancees at some family event.

He did attend Zara's wedding with Beatrice so might have met The Queen there.

We also don't know if he mightn't have met her at a private family event - such as dinner. Both he and Beatrice live in London so it is possible that they do have dinner or tea or lunch sometimes at BP with Andrew or The Queen or...

on the other hand - maybe he hasn't met her.

We do know that The Queen met Diana and Sarah as children and Camilla as the wife of her Silver Stick (or some such post). She allowed Sophie to spend time with Edward in his apartment in BP - so presumably met her there and Autumn was invited on a summer cruise before she was engaged.

It is possible that they have met and it is also possible that they haven't met.

I wonder if Beatrice is going to visit Eugenie for a little skiing in the U.S.

I am always a little surprised when people speculate as to whether any young royal's present significant other has met HM. How on earth would we know, indeed how on earth would the media know?

We are often "surprised" that certain unlikely royals had a get together, surprised only because we are told they are not "close". How would they or we know?

It seems that various members of the family get together for all sorts of reasons and, unless it is a "Royal Engagement" I am pretty sure the current significant others are present.

I am pretty sure that both Granny and Grandpa have met any number of their children and grandchildren's friends over the years. It's just that nobody who wishes to remain a friend rushes off to brag to he media.

I am always a little surprised when people speculate as to whether any young royal's present significant other has met HM. How on earth would we know, indeed how on earth would the media know?

We are often "surprised" that certain unlikely royals had a get together, surprised only because we are told they are not "close". How would they or we know?

It seems that various members of the family get together for all sorts of reasons and, unless it is a "Royal Engagement" I am pretty sure the current significant others are present.

I am pretty sure that both Granny and Grandpa have met any number of their children and grandchildren's friends over the years. It's just that nobody who wishes to remain a friend rushes off to brag to he media.

I think especially as children, things happened. Imagine running down some hallway and running into the Duke of Edinburgh or Her Majesty, Charles or Camilla, Anne (oh heavens, running into Anne!). I'm sure every young friend wanted to see the corgis or the horses or the armor, where the ghost lived, etc., the way kids always do. Plenty of opportunity to run into someone.

I don't know if anyone is interested I saw the contestants talking about this on twitter. There's a Princess Beatrice fashion competition at Huddersfield University . 20 university contestants have been chosen to make an outfit for Princess Beatrice that she will wear at an upcoming event I think for fashion for the brave one. The line will be sent to the palace where Beatrice will make her choice. Personally, I think she should wear them all at different events not only one. I do hope along with the Huddersfield University outfit that she will wear the necklace that Huddersfield University student Sarah Catterall made for her in june to complete the look .
http://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/screen-shot-2013-10-29-at-9-21-44-pm.png

Here's more. Princess Beatrice has also met Malala Yousafzai:

'Youth, Education and the Commonwealth' reception | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
https://twitter.com/allthingsregal/status/391225164743974912/photo/1

She does seem much more involved than in the past; it seems odd because I thought the Palace said she was not becoming a full-time royal!

I think the BRF will quietly have her grown on all of us until it appears as if she's always been there all along, the public gets used to seeing her, the public appreciates her work and enthusiasm, and then at some point her appearances will be listed in the CC without a word of explanation.

@graciegiraffe I agree with you. I wouldn't be surprised if one day she just becomes a working royal, I quite like the girl. so I wouldn't mind it that much as long as she keeps up the work

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 2m
On Friday, Princess Beatrice is to attend the Fashion For the Brave event (@FFTB3), supporting the Household Cavalry Assoc. & Soldiering On.

I don't know that I care for that black dress, it doesn't look as if it fits well.

Also, I've noticed that nobody ever complains that Beatrice never wears her hair up; why is that?

I don't know that I care for that black dress, it doesn't look as if it fits well.

Also, I've noticed that nobody ever complains that Beatrice never wears her hair up; why is that?

Please look at post #698. It explains thatshe is wearing a dress that was designed by a student in a competition.

Well regardless of post#698 is turns out to be McQueen.

Probably because she mostly styles her hair so we can see her face and doesn't fiddle with it incessantly and, more importantly, so far when she is in evening wear she is never "on the royal clock".

HRH Princess Beatrice Attends The Poppy Ball 2013

HRH Princess Beatrice Attends The Poppy Ball 2013
BYr__CbCMAAscFW.png:large

Is there a better pic of this? So far Im not keen on the dress or the look. Its very blah to me. And yes, cant she wear her hair up or something?

Don't like the dress and that top with it just looks bad. Her hair up would have looked better.

Princesses Beatrice&Eugenie may be opening a new hospital ward soon

So its Appears that Princesses Beatrice&Eugenie may be opening a new hospital ward soon.(Perhaps, the person assumed Eugenie will be with her sister and doesn’t know Eugenie is not in London.) If it’s true both are attending the launch, I’m thinking it’s around Eugienie’s thanksgiving or christmas vacation as she’s in the USA currently.. Take this news with a grain of salt as it was one twitter comment.
screen-shot-2013-11-11-at-6-19-13-pm.jpg

HRH Princess Beatrice at the Necker Cup 2013 charity event

bzdz8hscqaabn9l.jpg

HRH Princess Beatrice at the Necker Cup 2013 charity event photographed with Ana Ivanovic . (I do believe her boyfriend Dave Clark is there as well.)

The Necker cup is 4 night 5 day event one of largest tennis games where tennis pros play for a charitable cause. Tennis pros like Rafael Nadal, Ana Ivanovic, Stefan Edberg, Daniela Hantuchova, Martina Navratilova, Petra Kvitova and more. A portion of Event Profits and 100% of all Auction proceeds go to Virgin Unite, The National Tennis Foundation, and other leading charities. on the final night, after the ATP Player’s Exhibition, for the “End of the World” Awards Dinner, Auction and Party. Relax, grab a drink and make a difference in the world by bidding on the exclusive tennis travel experiences and select items. Last years event raised $1,000,000.00.

Last edited:
bzdz8hscqaabn9l.jpg

HRH Princess Beatrice at the Necker Cup 2013 charity event photographed with Ana Ivanovic . (I do believe her boyfriend Dave Clark is there as well.)

The Necker cup is 4 night 5 day event one of largest tennis games where tennis pros play for a charitable cause. Tennis pros like Rafael Nadal, Ana Ivanovic, Stefan Edberg, Daniela Hantuchova, Martina Navratilova, Petra Kvitova and more. A portion of Event Profits and 100% of all Auction proceeds go to Virgin Unite, The National Tennis Foundation, and other leading charities. on the final night, after the ATP Player’s Exhibition, for the “End of the World” Awards Dinner, Auction and Party. Relax, grab a drink and make a difference in the world by bidding on the exclusive tennis travel experiences and select items. Last years event raised $1,000,000.00.
Great picture.

Love her shoelaces!! Thanks for both picture and info!! :)

If may add a little info on Isabella Blow: Fashion Galore!" exhibition
Isabella Blow: Fashion Galore! exhibition at Somerset House, presented in partnership with the Isabella Blow Foundation and Central Saint Martins. Proceeds from the exhibition and a charity auction will go into the Isabella Blow Foundation Daphne Guiness set up to fund research for depression and mental illness, and to finance scholarships for art and fashion students at Central Saint Martins
About the Isabella Blow Foundation

This charitable Foundation seeks to honour the memory of Isabella Blow, to support aspiring art and fashion students and to facilitate further research in the fields of depression and mental health.

Objective

To promote British fashion and encourage young and aspiring art and fashion students.
To create bursary and scholarship funds, enabling students to develop their aspirations and careers in the art and fashion worlds.
To develop, curate and establish a public exhibition of Isabella’s clothing. The social, cultural and historical significance of the collection cannot be underestimated and the Foundation would seek to exhibit the collection at a number of venues around the world.
To raise awareness and allocate financial resources to charities working within the areas of depression and mental health.

The Isabella Blow Foundation

Paddle8: Isabella Blow Foundation

Also here’s a great article on Isabella and the foundation

London Calling: An Isabella Blow Exhibition Opens at Somerset House - Vogue Daily - Fashion and Beauty News and Features

bzdz8hscqaabn9l.jpg

She looks very trim and fit. Well done her!

Beatrice looks quite nice at the Isabella Blow exhibit, but it's a pity she didn't wear one of her outlandish hats (That would have been the perfect occasion).

The butterfly hat would be perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom