Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 14: July 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one of the best photos of Beatrice I've seen.

Still, one comment in the DM queries what she'd doing with a bunch of B-listers, and I have to concur. Why is she hanging with lingerie models and reality tv stars?

She was attending a function and they were the other people attending the same function. That the function couldn't get any 'A-listers' (whateve that means) simply means that Beatrice, to support the event, had to mix with lesser celebrities - which is perfectly acceptable for a minor royal like Beatrice. She is about to drop to 6th in line and will only become less and less important in the scheme of the royal family and so is more likely to mix with second stringers rather than the top drawer as they command the senior royals - The Queen and Philip, Charles and Camilla, William and Kate and sometimes Harry but not the others.

What is wrong with lingerie models - considering Kate modelled lingerie and she is the future Queen obviously nothing.

Last edited:
Beatrice would be used to mixing with c and d list celebrities she goes to those sorts of events as Iluvbertie says she is down line as a Royal and getting lower. Prince William etc would get the A grade event invitations. Beatrice was probably one of the more famous people there and went to help the event. I think Beatrice isn't too worried about meeting a lingerie model she doesn't come across as that snobby and chances are she may off no idea who half of them are anyway.

What is she doing? That pose of crossing your legs just makes it look like she wants to go to the loo. Not natural at all and what is that look on her face? Is she trying to be serious or sexy? It doesn't work either way. I think the dress is too old for her the material seems heavy looking for Summer.

Beatrice and Stephen Fry together on the same project! Delightful!

I think that Beatrice is my favourite Royal. I love watching videos of her. She seems like an exceptionally nice young woman, and always seems so eager and enthusiastic about what she's doing. And I love to see photos of her with the equally charming and good natured Dave.

Lol, it's very nice that Beatrice was out and about with a friend. We all know her and Dave are still dating but she's also dating a businessman. So Dave can't be everywhere with her.

Lol, it's very nice that Beatrice was out and about with a friend. We all know her and Dave are still dating but she's also dating a businessman. So Dave can't be everywhere with her.

Are you really saying she has TWO boyfriends at the same time?

Happy to see her out and about living her life without her mother tagging along all the time.

Lol, no. Just saying that Dave is a businessman and works a lot.

Maybe it is a language thing but to me you 'date' your boyfriend and so when you said that her and Dave are still dating but she's also dating a businessman I read that as Dave and Beatrice are still boyfriend/girlfriend but that she also has a second boyfriend - a businessman.

That would mean that she was two-timing Dave unless she has broken up with Dave.

I would have said something like: 'although she and Dave are still dating it is clear that she has other male friends to accompany her if Dave can't.'

LoL, yeah I could've worded it differently.

Maybe it is a language thing but to me you 'date' your boyfriend and so when you said that her and Dave are still dating but she's also dating a businessman I read that as Dave and Beatrice are still boyfriend/girlfriend but that she also has a second boyfriend - a businessman.

That would mean that she was two-timing Dave unless she has broken up with Dave.

Or she and Dave could be in an open or polygamous relationship.

God... I can see the field day the press would have with that one...

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
A third charity patronage for Princess Beatrice of York: she's become royal patron of the Forget Me Not children's hospice in Huddersfield.

User Actions
Following

Paul Harrison
‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal photo released by the charity Princess #Beatrice has become patron of @ForgetMNotChild

http://t.co/KJmxop0lJH

Ok, the story about the little girl holding hands with a real Princess has me in tears. Good for Beatrice for becoming Patron. She will bring those children a ton of joy. I say the next time she goes, she takes Robert Hardy with her. He is magical with special kids, and because of All Creatures Great and Small has a special connection with Yorkshire. And RH and Beatrice both love Harry Potter. What else is Beatrice Patron of?

Last edited:
Ok, the story about the little girl holding hands with a real Princess has me in tears. Good for Beatrice for becoming Patron. She will bring those children a ton of joy. I say the next time she goes, she takes Robert Hardy with her. He is magical with special kids, and because of All Creatures Great and Small has a special connection with Yorkshire. What else is Beatrice Patron of?

Beatrice, already patron of York Musical Society and the Helen Arkell Dyslexia centre.
I'm quoting the above from Richard Palmer's twitter account (Royal Reporter with the Daily Express).

Ok, the story about the little girl holding hands with a real Princess has me in tears. Good for Beatrice for becoming Patron. She will bring those children a ton of joy. I say the next time she goes, she takes Robert Hardy with her. He is magical with special kids, and because of All Creatures Great and Small has a special connection with Yorkshire. And RH and Beatrice both love Harry Potter. What else is Beatrice Patron of?

The little girl will remember this for the rest of her life, and if the memory makes her smile (which I'm sure it does), then Beatrice's work is done for the day. I wish people would understand that at times it doesn't take a lot to make a child smile; it can be some one-on-one time with a special person (and doesn't even have to be a princess, because a favorite teacher or relative will suffice), learning how to bounce a ball on a light box (and transferring the skill to bounce the teacher's arm on the light box by holding the sleeve of the shirt [it happened to me when I was observing a teacher of the visually impaired, and she let me work with a little four-year-old, who wanted to bounce a ball, but ended up putting my arm on the light box, and bouncing it, because hey, a human arm is a lot more fun, since you get the owner of the arm laughing hysterically, and encouraging you to continue), hearing a book that has been read thousands of times, you name it. This story proves that theory quite nicely.

Bea and Dave were just "relaxing" on a yacht a couple of weeks ago, if memory serves me! Does she need a vacation to get over the last one?? Bea-utiful? I think not.

Bea and Dave were just "relaxing" on a yacht a couple of weeks ago, if memory serves me! Does she need a vacation to get over the last one?? Bea-utiful? I think not.

I have to remind myself that couples like Bea and Dave can go to the south of France and relax aboard a yacht like everyday folks can do a weekend getaway somewhere. Not unusual to take off after work on Friday and be back ready to work again by Monday. If they can do it... more power to them. :cool:

Who said it was just a weekend? Bea has been on as many holidays (for a week or more) as she did when she didn't have a fulltime job. Normally you have to be somewhere 12 months before you even get vacation time. Bea has had several holidays and time off for the Royal events she has been too. It makes me wonder if she did resign from her job?

Work is a novelty to her, something she can drop when she gets bored. When you never have to worry about anything material a full time job with people telling you what to do can be blown off if you have no real passion.

Last edited:
Who said it was just a weekend? Bea has been on as many holidays (for a week or more) as she did when she didn't have a fulltime job. Normally you have to be somewhere 12 months before you even get vacation time. Bea has had several holidays and time off for the Royal events she has been too. It makes me wonder if she did resign from her job?

Not in the UK you immediately start accruing holiday when you start. You can take your holiday when you want. If you leave and you have taken too much or too little holiday based on what you have accrued pro-rata your last pay is deducted/increased accordingly. A lot of companies are also allowing their staff to buy up to 2 weeks additional leave which can take entitlements up to 8 weeks plus bank holidays. This makes what Bea has taken this year so far entirely possible.

She is a beautiful young woman - leave her alone!

What indicated to me that it could have been a weekend jaunt is that the article and pictures were published on Sunday, July 28th. I would be willing to bet if the press had these pictures and story, they'd put it out right away and not wait a few days. Another indication to me was that it was mentioned that Beatrice would meet George at Balmoral. I think the story of Will and Kate going to Balmoral also was published this weekend.

Of course I could be totally wrong but this is what seems logical to me. Dave also isn't among the "idle rich". He works for Branson's Virgin.

I think if I had sufficient private means I would not work full-time, thus not occupying a situation that could be filled by someone who needed paid employment more than I.
And I expect that the Princess's position in itself created various employment opportunities for others.
So I hope she enjoys her free time not involved with employment or Royal duties :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom