The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Ready, set ... ya! Now Princess Beatrice changes glamor for sneakers
Preparados, listos... ya! La princesa Beatriz cambia el 'glamour' por las zapatillas de deporte

Google Google Translate

Old 04-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Princess Beatrice's travel plans may have been given to paparazzi
Quote:
Travel plans of Princess Beatrice the fifth in line to the throne appear to have been supplied by a Virgin Atlantic employee to a firm of paparazzi photographers, according to a fresh batch of almost 70celebrity flight details seen by the Guardian. Flight reservations made on behalf of the young royal for March 2011 a one-way journey from London Heathrow to Newark airport, near New York appear in emails allegedly sent by a Virgin Atlantic employee to the London-based paparazzi firm Big Pictures.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Royal Highness

If I was unkind and would like to dabble with conspiracy theories, I'd claim that her details were leaked on purpose by either Dave Clark or Sir Richard himself of Virgin Airlines in order to help the poor girl regain her police protection or at least the public funding of it.....

Another article on Bea - poor princess, even if she gets it perfectly right she is compared to "la Kate". Typical of the DM. First this crazy article of the elderly journalist imitating Catherine and now it's Beatrice.

Princess Beatrice takes inspiration from Kate Middleton on first solo engagement with Queen | Mail Online
Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I wore a blue coat and black heels just the other day. Help! I must be morphing into Kate and/or Beatrice!
Is that what qualifies as a journalism these days?
Old 04-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Nobility

It is quite pathetic how insistent the media has become in their need to bathe William and Kate in nothing but golden light. They bore me to be honest.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Courtier

I thought the exact same thing Kataryn. People tipping of the press about Royals whereabouts have been around for years. I don't remember seeing any pictures of Bea at any airport lately and if this was in March it wasn't that long ago. Beatrice isn't a working royal giving back to the public so I can understand that the public aren't very keen on paying such a hefty security bill. Andrew wants them to have protection he can pay. As for the media they do this with all new Royals give them some time and we will start to hear the bad side of Kate and Will. They build them up so they can pull them down! Bea at the moment seems to be getting more flattering press. Doubt that will last either.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

With Twitter and myriad other forms of instant communication it's become near impossible for public figures to do anything without the press catching wind of it. It must be bloody annoying for those involved but that's just the way things are now.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Majesty

Isn't that the reason that has been given as to why they will be announcing Harry's next deployment - the fact that it can't be kept secret anymore anyway.

It is reasons like this that make me believe that Beatrice and Eugenie might be better off leaving the UK and setting up their homes in some other country where celebrities are a dime a dozen so minor royals wouldn't rate any form of publicity whereas in the UK they have to face the gauntlet of the vitriolic UK press and public, simply because of who they are.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It is reasons like this that make me believe that Beatrice and Eugenie might be better off leaving the UK and setting up their homes in some other country where celebrities are a dime a dozen so minor royals wouldn't rate any form of publicity whereas in the UK they have to face the gauntlet of the vitriolic UK press and public, simply because of who they are.
I disagree. In a world where anyone can become a "celebrity" - just follow around an Average Joe with a video camera, throw them on some "reality" show and poof, instant celebrity - I believe royalty will always draw attention, mainly because royals are so rare; you have to be born to a royal family, or marry into one, and that's it. So it's still a pretty closed society. Pss Beatrice and Eugenie may not face such harsh criticism in another country, but it will still be there.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:29 AM
Courtier

I don't see either of them leaving England their family, friends and boyfriends are all there. Besides I don't really think it matters that much. The don't get bothered as much as some. Beatrice has managed to do several internships without a peep from anyone or the press finding out. So she can do it when she wants too. If she goes to the trendy clubs etc of course she will be papped she knows it and still goes so it can't bother them that much. It's one of the con's at being Royal but I really think the many pro's she has had throughout her life makes up for it.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Princess Beatrice, 23, has had her hopes of joining her father on his forthcoming Queen’s Diamond Jubilee tour of India dashed.
‘Beatrice wants to play her part in marking her grandmother’s milestone,’ says a source. But she has been told she will not be joining Prince Andrew’s trip to India. He will be making it alone.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ar-Mollie.html
Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Any speculation on what the reason could be?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Not really. However, this is hardly an official announcement - just a speculation on Katie Nicholl's part based on what her "sources" had to say. If she is right and Beatrice has been forbidden to join her father on an official tour, it will be the clearest indication to date that Beatrice isn't expected to become a full-time working royal in future.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave leaving a private event at Ronnie Scott's
Jazz Club in Soho. London, October 4, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages ** gettyimages 2 ** wenn **

** Leggy lady! Princess Beatrice's short hemline shows off the results of all those marathons **
I think she is a pretty young woman! Love the black. :-)
Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes
According to this report in the Daily Express, Beatrice has declined the chance to undertake royal duties for the Queen.
She is in the middle of serveral periods of work experience, and is due to start a more prominent one next week. Her parents are fully supportive of her decisions.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Princess Beatrice: 'I want a real job'-
Interesting! LoL
Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Beatrice should at least be given a chance to get a chance, she is a member of the royal family who at her age should have started working on behalf of her father or HM.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I have been always wondering how papz manage to take pics like the no 3! Inside the car and through the window! Do they stuck their lense in the glass?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
! Do they stuck their lense in the glass?
That's exactly what they do. They surround the car until they're almost run over.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Free-bea's four breaks

To call Beatrice Free-Bea is unkind, but it makes me wonder what the princess herself thinks about press coverage like that. If only we would see her just one time working or doing something culturally interested (a visit to a museum, maybe?)
Old 04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Free-bea's four breaks

To call Beatrice Free-Bea is unkind, but it makes me wonder what the princess herself thinks about press coverage like that. If only we would see her just one time working or doing something culturally interested (a visit to a museum, maybe?)
Actually I think not seeing pictures or coverage of Bea going about her business is a pretty good thing. Its been mentioned that she's been getting some work experience and is supposedly going to start a new venture (reason given for turning down going to India with her father). if all this is true and she is working in the private sector, the last thing she (or her employers) need is a rash of publicity.