The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Nobility

According to this report in the Daily Express, Beatrice has declined the chance to undertake royal duties for the Queen.
She is in the middle of serveral periods of work experience, and is due to start a more prominent one next week. Her parents are fully supportive of her decisions.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Princess Beatrice: 'I want a real job'-

Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Majesty

This is good news for Beatrice and her future - a private individual who just happens to be part of the royal family. It is also the first sign of the reduction of who will do royal duties - in future the children and siblings of the monarch only along with the grandchildren of the heir it seems (and spouses of course).

Great news for Beatrice as she will have a life without the constant nastiness in the press and I bet that had some bearing on her decision and her father's acceptance of that decision.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
This is good news for Beatrice and her future - a private individual who just happens to be part of the royal family. It is also the first sign of the reduction of who will do royal duties - in future the children and siblings of the monarch only along with the grandchildren of the heir it seems (and spouses of course).

Great news for Beatrice as she will have a life without the constant nastiness in the press and I bet that had some bearing on her decision and her father's acceptance of that decision.
How long do yo think it will take for the press and some members of the public to leave her alone and treat her like a private individual? The vitriol about her and her sister is unbelievable. I can just see people hollering that she "took" a job from someone who actually needs it, or she got her job even though she is unqualified. Ugh...I do not envy her at all.

I sincerely hope she finds something that she likes doing and provides her some fulfillment. I don't know very much about her, but what I have seen, I like quite a lot.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
How long do yo think it will take for the press and some members of the public to leave her alone and treat her like a private individual? The vitriol about her and her sister is unbelievable. I can just see people hollering that she "took" a job from someone who actually needs it, or she got her job even though she is unqualified. Ugh...I do not envy her at all.

I sincerely hope she finds something that she likes doing and provides her some fulfillment. I don't know very much about her, but what I have seen, I like quite a lot.
Although she will get those sort of comments to begin with as she continues to go underneath the radar and works every day people will begin to leave her alone - the first week or so there will probably be some media interest but that won't last long.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:26 AM

Hmm I wonder which career path she will take.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:22 AM

Wspa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
See, we don't get info on her engagements until two days after the event. Beatrice and Guy Pelly attended Wild for WSPA at Stamford Bridge. The WSPA stands for World Society for the Protection of Animals.
I saw that Zenouska Mowatt (Beatrice's cousin & HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent's grand-daughter) was also there. I found that she is/was a committee member for WSPA. Are you able to find any photo? What is Zenouska doing nowadays?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I couldn't agree more with you; Beatrice is highly unlikely to become a full-time working royal, so finding a job and carving a niche for herself in this life is a step in the right direction.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I want a real job: Prince Beatrice plans to become a career woman

Quote from the article:
Quote:
The 23-year-old princess, who is fifth in line to the throne, is undertaking a series of work experience placements as she battles along with thousands of other university graduates to find a career, Buckingham Palace said today.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty1 View Post
I saw that Zenouska Mowatt (Beatrice's cousin & HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent's grand-daughter) was also there. I found that she is/was a committee member for WSPA. Are you able to find any photo? What is Zenouska doing nowadays?
The last thing I heard was that Zenouska was working for the Bridgeman Art Library in Paris.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Any and all discussion regarding Zenouska Mowatt can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...er-6927-5.html .

Thanks!

Zonk

British Forums Moderator

Old 03-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. Beatrice is not followed regularly during the daytime. I expect it will be like when she and Eugenie have had a summer job. There'll be a couple of pictures of them going to work, and that will be it until the next time they show up at a club with famous friends or at some high-society social event or an important engagement in the BRF's calendar.

Quote:
Although she will get those sort of comments to begin with as she continues to go underneath the radar and works every day people will begin to leave her alone - the first week or so there will probably be some media interest but that won't last long.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

At first I thought this was an old article, the same one I read at the time of Beatrice's graduation. It seems a rehash of previous statements.

I really doubt she'll be doing much battling either.
And although much of the commentary is rather harsh, I suspect they're right about a make-work sort of job being found for Beatrice.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Conflicts with the "real job" story,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...India-dad.html
Old 03-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Yes, well - it's Daily Mail after all.
Quote:
‘Beatrice would like to play her part in marking her grandmother’s milestone,’ says a source.
Says it all, really. Those unnamed sources, friends and insiders really start getting on my nerves.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia

Yes, well - it's Daily Mail after all.

Says it all, really. Those unnamed sources, friends and insiders really start getting on my nerves.
I can understand her wanting to participate though. She was lovely in the Andrew Marr documentary.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Agreed. I rather enjoyed her tour of The Little House; it was actually quite sweet.
Beatrice could become a valuable asset to the Monarchy if they figure out how to counter all the negative press she gets. Apart from Kate, Beatrice and Eugenie are now the only female royals of the younger generation who could work on behalf of the Queen. However, in order to do that, both Princesses will need to prove themselves; Princess Anne was criticised a lot, yet she kept doing her duty and now is one of them most popular members of the Royal Family.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Gentry

Wouldn't she be more like Princess Alexandra..cousin to the current Queen...where Beatrice is niece/cousin to future King? B and E might look for a well off fellow to marry and then they could stay involved in "lesser royal" activities. However, I think that they'd do well to carve their own niche and eventually enjoy royal obscurity...living their own lives yet filling up the royal presence at state dinners and the like.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

would be nice that beatrice can join to andrew in the tour. after all, she is a queen's grandaughter and a young royal lady. and f she want to work for ''the firm'' why not?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps Beatrice or Eugenie could "hostess" for her father when events are held at one of the Palaces. People like to have a princess around at these things. A well-dressed, friendly lady adds glamour to things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
would be nice that beatrice can join to andrew in the tour. after all, she is a queen's grandaughter and a young royal lady. and f she want to work for ''the firm'' why not?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Perhaps Beatrice or Eugenie could "hostess" for her father when events are held at one of the Palaces. People like to have a princess around at these things. A well-dressed, friendly lady adds glamour to things.
yes, of course. but is nice to see the new generations of royals work for the the firm and don0t only in party in the london's nights.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Closed Thread