Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has also lost quite a bit of weight, which makes her face look more strained.

Yes, i think that is also the reason for her look: her weight loss.

Sorry but i dislike the hats of Beatrice and Eugenie soooo much. I never liked this kind of hats.

I don't think its the weight loss, just the stress. Beatrice has always seemed like a very sensitive lady to me and she has probably been very emotionally stressed recently.

PB looks sad today and like she didn't want to be there at least that is my impression in the photos I've seen

Well, sometimes it shows. She looked rather pale, unhappy and as if she hadn't slept very well during the last days/weeks. I'm not surprised, might not have been the happiest times for her lately...

I thought both York girls looked a little nervous today - it had to be hard to estimate what the reaction of the public (and possibly of some of the family members?) might be after their mother's scandal.

I don't think its the weight loss, just the stress. Beatrice has always seemed like a very sensitive lady to me and she has probably been very emotionally stressed recently.

I agree with you. Beatrice always seemed like a very sensitive. Specially for her mother.

Sorry but i dislike the hats of Beatrice and Eugenie soooo much. I never liked this kind of hats.

I've been told that they are called "trifles". They can be very cute, though in this case, IMO, I think they miss the mark.

The hats are called fascinators most usually, and I do like some of the ones that Beatrice and Eugenie have worn.
They did look nervous on saturday, and that is understandable.

The hats are called fascinators most usually, and I do like some of the ones that Beatrice and Eugenie have worn.
They did look nervous on saturday, and that is understandable.
Fascinators. Thank you. There was one Zara wore that I liked. Lumut, do you have the history of fascinators, by chance? I simply LOVE hats though in America we don't wear them anymore.

Both of the girls looked fairly nervous during the Trooping... but, I think that Bea looked completely miserable! How sad for both of them that they have to face the sins of their Mother in such a public way. :angry:

I agree that it is a terrible idea to have such a public notice of the end to the security for the Princesses. Making it public knowledge seems to just be asking for trouble. :hornets:

it seems odd, in the TImes article, to say that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are 'minor' royals. They're 5th and 6th in line. Does't seem so minor to me.

Exactly, EllieCat. When Princess Alexandra and, later, The Princess Royal, fade from the scene, these "girls" will be the only Princesses who'll be of an age to do traditional royal work. If anything happened to Prince Charles, William, or Harry, their status would change significantly.:ermm:

it seems odd, in the TImes article, to say that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are 'minor' royals. They're 5th and 6th in line. Does't seem so minor to me.

The rise of the fascinator - Times Online

Here's an article you might be keen on Russo! I don't mind the girls not having round the clock security, they don't need it. But for lordy's sake, don't announce it to everyone!
Unfortunately, PJ, it won't load for me. Can you check the link?

Of COURSE they have to annouce it! It's the newspapers! Just like if Prince Harry goes back to Afghanistan they will announce that as well. Along with his latitude and longitude. . . .:whistling:

Exactly, EllieCat. When Princess Alexandra and, later, The Princess Royal, fade from the scene, these "girls" will be the only Princesses who'll be of an age to do traditional royal work. If anything happened to Prince Charles, William, or Harry, their status would change significantly.:ermm:

I am beginning to think that the girls won't be doing traditional royal work and will eventually give up the HRH and almost disappear from the scene and live private lives (except when Beatrice and maybe Eugenie are called upon to serve as Councillors of State)

The public keeps calling for a smaller royal family, Charles is said to support a smaller royal family and this is one way to create it - have this younger generation of royals have only two (or 4 once Wiliam and Harry marry) people to do the work currently being done by about 10 people.

I can understand them "fading away" not entirely, after both William and Harry have children old enough to complete royal duties.
But there is a lot for the royal family to do.

When Anne, Andrew and Edward are older and past fulfilling duties, somebody needs to take up the duties. Zara and Peter are out of the question.
With Charles tied up being King, William tied up being heir. Someone is going to have to help the boys and I can see Beatrice and Eugenie doing that.

Yes, especially before William and Harry's children are of majority age and have finished their education.

With Charles tied up being King, William tied up being heir. Someone is going to have to help the boys and I can see Beatrice and Eugenie doing that.

The link is workin fine for me Russo. Try googling the rise of fascinators and it should come up. It will be interesting to see how these girls shape their future roles.

I can understand them "fading away" not entirely, after both William and Harry have children old enough to complete royal duties.
But there is a lot for the royal family to do.

When Anne, Andrew and Edward are older and past fulfilling duties, somebody needs to take up the duties. Zara and Peter are out of the question.

I would have said so too until recently but now I am beginning to think that the idea is that the royals do less and that only the monarch and his/her children and the children of the heir keep it going.

They must be there for more than this event.

They must be there for more than this event.

The article did say that she was on holiday from uni and as her mother also lives in NYC I would assume that she is there simply spending time with Mummy and also took the chance to support her cousin at his charity event.

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark pose for a photograph as they attend the 2010 Veuve Clicquot Manhatten Polo Classic on Governor's Island on June 27, 2010 in New York, New York. The event is supporting Prince Harry's charity Sentebale and is the climax of the Prince's three day trip to New York.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Business and pleasure, really nice! I like the fact that the cousins are still quite close. I hope they'll keep it up like this! :flowers: Beautiful photos!

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie with Chelsea Pensioner
Paddy Fox at the Elephant Parade - auction held at the Royal
Hospital Chelsea. London, England, June 30, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom