The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

Her Highness is too young to get married look at her how beautiful she is! Like a fresh flower! She rocked with her recent looks, I believe. The outfit with the golden skirt will remain in the history of high fashion, my humble opinion

Old 12-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

She's a cute girl. She's got that Miley Cyrus look. Soon enough, she'll have to wear sophisticated rather than fun.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't be surprised if Beatrice and Dave do marry, but I'm sure Zara and Mike will be allowed a shot at it first.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah I agree I wouldn't be at all surprised if Beatrice & Dave do get married at some point but can't see it in the same year as William's wedding & yeah maybe Zara would get in there before her too (though I wouldn't be too surprised if Zara stays unmarried for quite some time still!) Basically I just don't see Beatrice getting married for at least a couple more years.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Majesty

I don't see Zara marrying for another 2 - 3 years at least - until after the 2012 Olympics.

Beatrice, on the other hand, I can see marrying at a young age and 2012 is possible for her. That would give her a year out of uni and a chance to set up a future for her.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Courtier

They've been together for quite sometime but as the younger generation of British Royals seem to be fond of rather long "courtships" before they marry (and perhaps for good reason, they seem to honestly be trying to learn lessons from their parents mistakes.), I would guess there will be a few more years before Princess Beatrice and Dave make their way down the aisle.

And I don't see Zara and Mark heading down the alter or announcing a trip down the alter until the 2012 Olympics have passed as that seems to be her big goal and focus at the moment.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Would it be appropriate for me to say, "I told you so!"? No perhaps not.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
They've been together for quite sometime but as the younger generation of British Royals seem to be fond of rather long "courtships" before they marry (and perhaps for good reason, they seem to honestly be trying to learn lessons from their parents mistakes.), I would guess there will be a few more years before Princess Beatrice and Dave make their way down the aisle.
It is not just the Royals opting for longer courtships, it is a general trend (at least in Europe) for young couples. It is quite normal that young people wait until their mid or late 20's before the marry, even if they have been dating since their teens.
Quote:
And I don't see Zara and Mark heading down the alter or announcing a trip down the alter until the 2012 Olympics have passed as that seems to be her big goal and focus at the moment.
You got this prediction wrong. But Zara is a couple of years older than Beatrice, and imo Zara's timing is quite right.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
You got this prediction wrong. But Zara is a couple of years older than Beatrice, and imo Zara's timing is quite right.
I just checked in here to correct myself! I still don't see Beatrice getting engaged any time soon, but who knows at this point! The news from Zara and Mike took me completely by surprise!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I just checked in here to correct myself! I still don't see Beatrice getting engaged any time soon, but who knows at this point! The news from Zara and Mike took me completely by surprise!
Totally agree! I feel the same way!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

But... let's not forget Dave has to be the one to ask her, and he may not want the " royal" life long term. It must be easier for guys to ask for a Royal lady's hand, then for a Royal guy to ask for a lady's hand. When/if Dave asks for Bea's hand, he will have gotten to choose timing. He'll know he is ready.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think I may have missed something here. What is the news re Zara and Mike??
Old 12-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Oh udyusa....Zara is engaged!

Check this out Engagement of Miss Zara Phillips to Mr. Mike Tindall: December 21, 2010

Old 12-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Majesty

As Zara is older than William - born 1981 - to Beatrice's 1988 birth it isn't a surprise that Zara got engaged first.

I don't think Beatrice will marry until she has been out of uni a few years and until she is established in what she intends on doing in the future - so it could easily be 2015 or later for her.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow! Good for them. I can't imagine how I missed the news! Thank you for the update and the link. Lovely ring, by the way...
Old 12-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
But... let's not forget Dave has to be the one to ask her, and he may not want the " royal" life long term. It must be easier for guys to ask for a Royal lady's hand, then for a Royal guy to ask for a lady's hand. When/if Dave asks for Bea's hand, he will have gotten to choose timing. He'll know he is ready.
Hummmmm...PB is a modern woman. We'll never know if it happens, but she can ask him if she wants!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As Zara is older than William - born 1981 - to Beatrice's 1988 birth it isn't a surprise that Zara got engaged first.

I don't think Beatrice will marry until she has been out of uni a few years and until she is established in what she intends on doing in the future - so it could easily be 2015 or later for her.
Lets hope so. Two royal weddings coming up is good enough for me. I'd like to save some for the future. I agree with you that she'll most likely wait several years after she finishes her education.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

It could be that the plan is for Beatrice to take on a heavy schedule of Royal duties soon after graduating, rather than pursue a serious independent career first, and if that happens she might marry at a younger age than her cousins because there would be no reason to wait.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
It could be that the plan is for Beatrice to take on a heavy schedule of Royal duties soon after graduating, rather than pursue a serious independent career first, and if that happens she might marry at a younger age than her cousins because there would be no reason to wait.
I agree with this line of thinking. We have never heard much about career interests from her, and IIRC her boyfriend is several years older and may be ready to settle down.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Majesty

Beatrice out on the town again - but with Eugenie and Harry this time.

Prince Harry is joined by Princesses Beatrice and Eugeine on a night out at Public nightclub | Mail Online

Tags
princess beatrice