The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Has there been any news about Beatrice working anywhere this summer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Being at Uni, Beatrice probably get's 7-8 weeks.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Has there been any news about Beatrice working anywhere this summer?
Not that the press have reported on.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Administrator

All posts regarding the future of Beatrice and Eugenie's HRH's titles as well the HRH titles of the Kent and Gloucester families have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...es-258-37.html .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 08-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

Her Highness is becoming more and more beautiful. Her duties will increase soon. You'll see it.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Beatrice still has a year of university to do yet, I don't think I see her stepping up anytime until 2012, maybe The Queens Jubilee.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a question: HRH the Princess Royal had some foreign orders she received when she was 22. Beatrice is 22, would she be entitled to receive the same orders (such as Luxembourg's Order of the Oak Crown) or are they reserved for the daughter of a sovreign?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Moderator Emeritus

That would be up to each foreign country to decide. I doubt Beatrice is likely to receive any foreign orders, though, as she doesn't accompany the Queen on foreign trips as Anne often did at that age.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

From the bottom of this article: Stephen Bates's diary - Gonzo Media
Quote:

✒Spotted, by a Guardian spy on board an easyJet flight to Málaga: Princess Beatrice. Things must be getting tight at home. When do you think her dad, Prince Andrew, will start flying by budget airline and save the taxpayer some money?
Since we've had reports of both Andrew and Sarah being somewhere in Spain, it sounds like maybe the whole family is there together.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
From the bottom of this article: Stephen Bates's diary - Gonzo Media

Since we've had reports of both Andrew and Sarah being somewhere in Spain, it sounds like maybe the whole family is there together.
Sarah and the girls are definately in Spain. I read one spanish newspaper reported that a private jet dropped Andrew off in Spain after his holiday in Sardinia, this was the day before Beatrice's birthday so maybe he was at least joining them for that weekend.

Did you also read some report about Andrew being in Spain?
Old 08-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sarah and the girls are in Spain, Andrew was supposedly not joining them because he was ashamed of what Fergie had done, and was choosing to go elsewhere for the rest of his holiday.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sarah and the girls are in Spain, Andrew was supposedly not joining them because he was ashamed of what Fergie had done, and was choosing to go elsewhere for the rest of his holiday.
So. . .he goes and cavorts with a gal half his age. . . .
Old 08-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
So. . .he goes and cavorts with a gal half his age. . . .
Pictures of him with a girl "rumoured" to be dating against his EX wife being bailed out by her EX mother-in-law after trying to sell her husband to the papers.
I know which one I think is worse.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Pictures of him with a girl "rumoured" he's rumoured to be dating against his EX wife being bailed out by her EX mother-in-law after trying to sell her husband to the papers.
The rumors of the rumors of the rumor mill are flying! HA!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Pictures of him with a girl "rumoured" to be dating against his EX wife being bailed out by her EX mother-in-law after trying to sell her husband to the papers.
R Palmer (Daily Express) says 2 spanish papers and one daily in the philopeans reported the private jet dropped him in Spain.

I think I prefer him spending time with his own twenty something daughter rather than making a complete fool of himself with some
(twenty something) totty on the yachtey (and he did look an idiot in those photos).
If Sarah is there as well so be it, they really have to find a way forward because the current situation isn't good for anyone.
Believe me not defending what Sarah did for a moment, but after that surely the last thing the girls needed was Daddy's embrassing holiday snaps.
I really have admired the way Andrew and Sarah have put their daughters first since their split, but at the moment they deserve a lot better from the both of them.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You have no idea what Beatrice and Eugenie think about the pictures taken of Andrew and Alexandra, maybe they're happy that their father is smiling. They're no where near as embarrasing as it would have been to see the pictures of their mother having her toes sucked when they got older.

I don't disagree with him spending time with his daughters on holiday, but even a family holiday with Sarah is going to be tense and uncomfortable after everything.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
You have no idea what Beatrice and Eugenie think about the pictures taken of Andrew and Alexandra, maybe they're happy that their father is smiling. They're no where near as embarrasing as it would have been to see the pictures of their mother having her toes sucked when they got older.

I don't disagree with him spending time with his daughters on holiday, but even a family holiday with Sarah is going to be tense and uncomfortable after everything.
Yeah point taken, of course that's one way of looking at it.
I just think most girls wouldn't like seeing their Dad in the papers with a girl half his age, and the less said about Sarah's photos the better.

As for a family holiday, maybe after 3 months the dust has settled a little between them.

Obviously no one contributing here knows the family, but we can all have our opinions, that's what the forum is for, and we can agree, or we can agree to disagree.
I'm new to all this but I do be surprised with how personal some people take it all (whether you like or dislike Sarah).
I don't make this point with anyone in particular in mind, it's just most of the posts seem so personal that you'd swear we knew the Yorks.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Administrator

What is this thread about....oh yes....Beatrice's Current Events.

Let's try to stay on topic.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Sarah and the girls are definately in Spain. I read one spanish newspaper reported that a private jet dropped Andrew off in Spain after his holiday in Sardinia, this was the day before Beatrice's birthday so maybe he was at least joining them for that weekend.

Did you also read some report about Andrew being in Spain?
The report you mentioned was posted here (maybe you posted it) and that's what I was referring to. It was Beatrice's birthday last week, that's why I thought that the family might have been celebrating it in Spain like they did last year. Is it really that unbelievable that they might take a holiday together as a family after everything that's happened? We know the girls have forgiven Sarah enough to go on vacation with her, and Andrew's spokeswoman has said he's very supportive of her.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Administrator

When you're a royal at a trendy pop festival it does well not to draw too much attention to yourself.
Princess Beatrice did an excellent job at blending in with the crowds at the V Festival at the weekend.

Dressed down in a denim jacket and flimsy hippy frock, the princess and her boyfriend, Dave Clark, were among 155,000 who turned out to enjoy this year's event.

Read more: V FESTIVAL 2010: Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark blend in with the crowd | Mail Online

Old 08-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Lucky them, wish I was going to the festival.

Tags
princess beatrice