Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Highness is too young to get married look at her how beautiful she is! Like a fresh flower! :flowers: She rocked with her recent looks, I believe. The outfit with the golden skirt will remain in the history of high fashion, my humble opinion ;)

She's a cute girl. She's got that Miley Cyrus look. Soon enough, she'll have to wear sophisticated rather than fun.

I wouldn't be surprised if Beatrice and Dave do marry, but I'm sure Zara and Mike will be allowed a shot at it first.

Yeah I agree I wouldn't be at all surprised if Beatrice & Dave do get married at some point but can't see it in the same year as William's wedding & yeah maybe Zara would get in there before her too (though I wouldn't be too surprised if Zara stays unmarried for quite some time still!) Basically I just don't see Beatrice getting married for at least a couple more years.

I don't see Zara marrying for another 2 - 3 years at least - until after the 2012 Olympics.

Beatrice, on the other hand, I can see marrying at a young age and 2012 is possible for her. That would give her a year out of uni and a chance to set up a future for her.

They've been together for quite sometime but as the younger generation of British Royals seem to be fond of rather long "courtships" before they marry (and perhaps for good reason, they seem to honestly be trying to learn lessons from their parents mistakes.), I would guess there will be a few more years before Princess Beatrice and Dave make their way down the aisle.

And I don't see Zara and Mark heading down the alter or announcing a trip down the alter until the 2012 Olympics have passed as that seems to be her big goal and focus at the moment.

Would it be appropriate for me to say, "I told you so!"? No perhaps not. :lol:

They've been together for quite sometime but as the younger generation of British Royals seem to be fond of rather long "courtships" before they marry (and perhaps for good reason, they seem to honestly be trying to learn lessons from their parents mistakes.), I would guess there will be a few more years before Princess Beatrice and Dave make their way down the aisle.
It is not just the Royals opting for longer courtships, it is a general trend (at least in Europe) for young couples. It is quite normal that young people wait until their mid or late 20's before the marry, even if they have been dating since their teens.
And I don't see Zara and Mark heading down the alter or announcing a trip down the alter until the 2012 Olympics have passed as that seems to be her big goal and focus at the moment.
:flowers:You got this prediction wrong. But Zara is a couple of years older than Beatrice, and imo Zara's timing is quite right.

:flowers:You got this prediction wrong. But Zara is a couple of years older than Beatrice, and imo Zara's timing is quite right.

I just checked in here to correct myself! I still don't see Beatrice getting engaged any time soon, but who knows at this point! The news from Zara and Mike took me completely by surprise!

I just checked in here to correct myself! I still don't see Beatrice getting engaged any time soon, but who knows at this point! The news from Zara and Mike took me completely by surprise!
Totally agree! I feel the same way!

But... let's not forget Dave has to be the one to ask her, and he may not want the " royal" life long term. It must be easier for guys to ask for a Royal lady's hand, then for a Royal guy to ask for a lady's hand. When/if Dave asks for Bea's hand, he will have gotten to choose timing. He'll know he is ready.

I think I may have missed something here. What is the news re Zara and Mike??

As Zara is older than William - born 1981 - to Beatrice's 1988 birth it isn't a surprise that Zara got engaged first.

I don't think Beatrice will marry until she has been out of uni a few years and until she is established in what she intends on doing in the future - so it could easily be 2015 or later for her.

Wow! Good for them. I can't imagine how I missed the news! Thank you for the update and the link. Lovely ring, by the way...

But... let's not forget Dave has to be the one to ask her, and he may not want the " royal" life long term. It must be easier for guys to ask for a Royal lady's hand, then for a Royal guy to ask for a lady's hand. When/if Dave asks for Bea's hand, he will have gotten to choose timing. He'll know he is ready.

Hummmmm...PB is a modern woman. We'll never know if it happens, but she can ask him if she wants!!!

As Zara is older than William - born 1981 - to Beatrice's 1988 birth it isn't a surprise that Zara got engaged first.

I don't think Beatrice will marry until she has been out of uni a few years and until she is established in what she intends on doing in the future - so it could easily be 2015 or later for her.

Lets hope so. Two royal weddings coming up is good enough for me. I'd like to save some for the future. :) I agree with you that she'll most likely wait several years after she finishes her education.

It could be that the plan is for Beatrice to take on a heavy schedule of Royal duties soon after graduating, rather than pursue a serious independent career first, and if that happens she might marry at a younger age than her cousins because there would be no reason to wait.

It could be that the plan is for Beatrice to take on a heavy schedule of Royal duties soon after graduating, rather than pursue a serious independent career first, and if that happens she might marry at a younger age than her cousins because there would be no reason to wait.

I agree with this line of thinking. We have never heard much about career interests from her, and IIRC her boyfriend is several years older and may be ready to settle down.

In that last photo in the Mail article, Eugenie looks so much like her sister Beatrice. Its the first time I've ever actually noticed a resemblance between the two.

The Princesses B & E really need to think about being attractive, rather than trendy. Trend does not suit either of them and IMO they look awful.

The Princesses B & E really need to think about being attractive, rather than trendy. Trend does not suit either of them and IMO they look awful.

Agreed, Eugenie is quite beautiful but that jacket is ridiculous and the skirt is just too damn short.

I also agree, Eugenie could look much more beautiful. But she never forgets to choose fashion that absolutely doesn't suit her. :ermm:

I think we have seen an improvement in Beatrice as she gets older, and we will probably see the same trend with Eugenie. I hope it happens soon though, because she looks a mess in these pics and she could look really nice with a bit of effort. Both of them could do with longer skirts for starters and since Eugenie has not been blessed with beautiful hair like Beatrice's, she needs to consult a hairdresser, and soon, please.

Last edited:
We've seen huge strides in Beatrice but the thing is, I'm not sure Eugenie actually cares. Beatrice has always been a bit more sensitive and was bound to "conform". Eugenie seems to be naturally confident and head-strong with a "don't care" type of attitude. Commendable, I suppose, but I'd still love to be her personal shopper at least for a week.

At their ages Zara was a mess too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zara still has a way to go. Just imho...

:previous: Well, Princess Anne is hardly known as a fashion plate and when you think about her choices over the years, Zara is doing very well. When you think about their mothers, maybe we are expecting far too much of all these young women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom