Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found her harder to understand than usual in this video. Perhaps that it was because of the background noise.:ermm:

I think it is the background noise. I had my volume turned down a bit and understood her by listening carefully. She seemed a bit tongue tied but pleasant all the same.

Yes, my impression of Beatrice is that she's a very pleasant, friendly person without any "airs." I remember that years ago someone said in an article that Beatrice is the "nicest" of the young Windsors.:flowers:

I think it is the background noise. I had my volume turned down a bit and understood her by listening carefully. She seemed a bit tongue tied but pleasant all the same.

haha. Beatrice always looks like a startled deer in the headlights in pictures. her eyes are so big.

I liked how in the video she said "they've worked really hard to come so far". they are being sponsored by virgin to sing at the event! how is that going far?

Doesn't mean they haven't worked hard, a crap band is still a crap band regardless of connections.

Well said, Mermaid. I am hoping the same as you. She does look gaunt, and all eyes in these photos, however. It seems that she is over-doing the weight loss. Let us hope that she will see the error of her ways and get back to the way she looked after the marathon..

There IS a happy medium, Beatrice.. :)

Beatrice definitely doesn't need to lose any more weight...

Beatrice seems to me like someone who is eager to please. (I just sense that about her personality...I could be wrong.) When people with that kind of disposition get praised for losing weight, it's probably easy for them to carry it to the extreme, thinking everyone will like them more if they stay thin.

Somehow I think she looked even better before losing so much weight...

Beatrice seems to me like someone who is eager to please. (I just sense that about her personality...I could be wrong.)
I don't think you are wrong. I think you're onto something here rmay. It manifested itself in shopping to excess to please others in her mother and possibly an eating disorder in Beatrice. I sincerely hope that does not happen.

I don't think she's stepped over into too thin/gaunt territory; not yet, anyway. I think she looks terrific, and that she's probably very pleased with herself and her appearance, feeling wonderful as a result of her exercise regime, and trying to stay that way. She might have a copy of that bikini photo on the door of her cupboard to keep her motivated. As for being eager to please, I haven't seen anything to make me think she's doing things to the extreme in the hope of people liking her more. I just see a charming young woman with a pleasant disposition who seems happy with life and smiles a lot. :flowers:

I think that Beatrice does have an inferiority complex in same ways and thus does try to please.

Forgetting the different positions within the family for a moment but imagine you are a young girl whose parents are getting divorced. You are 8 years old. Your cousins aged 12 and 14 also have parents getting divorced and your grandmother is assisting with the divorce settlement for your respective mothers. The mother of your boy cousins is given 17 million while your mother is given a total of 3 million - immediately you see yourself and your family as worth less in the scheme of things. To adults that might make sense considering the different positions but to an 8 year old girl - no way. Remember I am not asking for comments on the rightness or wrongness of the divorce settlements - we have done that to death - but to actually look at those settlements and the messages being sent to the children involved - two boys and their mother gets 17 million and two girls whose mother gets 3 million. To those children it would seem grossly unfair.

Then the mother of the boy cousins is included in family functions but your mother is excluded - more unfairness and inferiority.

As she goes through her teenage years this will grow as she constantly is reminded by everyone, the family, the kids at school, the other students etc that her mother was a failure as a member of your father's family while the boy cousins mother was a success.

By the time you reach 20 and fully understand the respective positions within the family the damage has been done - a girl reaching adulthood fully aware that the public don't like her for the simple reason they didn't like her mother and father - nothing about the girl herself, that her boy cousins will be forgiven everything because of who their mother was, but she will get no leniency.

That she is potentially heading for an eating disorder or worse wouldn't surprise me at all - I hope she is strong enough and has found people who like her for herself. The best thing, I think the York girls can do, is simply say to the royal family - you rejected our mother, have done little to help our father and his bad press - everything is geared to making William and Harry untouchable so they can do it all - get a job in the US or somewhere away from Britain and have a great life. If she and Eugenie stay in Britain they will simply be further torn down and vilified by the public at large.

With Kate coming on the scene there is no need for a young Windsor princess as Kate will be the princess and starting at about the same time as Beatrice finishes uni there simply isn't the room for both of them to be starting life as working royals next year.

I know many of you will think I am crazy - and many of you already do think that -so be it - but I do think the royal family have ignored the potential problems facing the girls with the way their mother was and continues to be treated. Remember the reports, after the cruise this summer, of heated arguments between Philip and the girls over their mother - clearly this must impact the girls.

Beatrice looks great but is it because she is at her ideal weight or is she still seeing herself as overweight and thus going to continue to loose weight. It can't help when comment in newspapers call her ugly - even here someone made negative comments about her appearance.

Judging someone on their appearance is the most shallow way of judging anyone but unfortunately that is how most people judge people - 'Beatrice is an awful person because of her looks' is unfortunately how some people are judging her.

Last edited:
Beatrice looks great but is it because she is at her ideal weight or is she still seeing herself as overweight and thus going to continue to loose weight. It can't help when comment in newspapers call her ugly - even here someone made negative comments about her appearance.

I think that although she may remember her "pudgy" times, and that does give her extra incentive to work out, keep slim and present herself as more attractive but I think the BIG factor here is that she is in a stable relationship with Dave Clark and perhaps wants to be as attractive to him as she possibly can. I think all women go the extra mile as far as appearance goes when they're in a happy, stable relationship.

I do, however, agree that the points you brought up of the effect of the divorce of their parents must have had on the girls growing up. I think one thing that could have lessened the negative effects of all that though was that Sarah and Andrew remained so close and kept the family unit more or less together through the years. That has to have been a blessing.

Bertie, I agree with you for the most part except on two points, I doubt that, at the age of 8 she would know what kind of settlements were handed out, unless someone (Most likely her mother) told her. Four or five years down the line? Yes, she would and, considering the way her mother is portrayed, along with the things her cousins get away with, yes it could've affected her and her sister.

As for not helping Andrew with his bad press. What are they supposed to do? He's the one who takes a helicopter instead of a car to deliver a trophy, he's plays golf so often that his handicap is good enough to qualify him as a teacher according to one pro, he's the one who continually accepts Fergie's antics. He's brought in on himself.

Anything short of cutting him off, how is his family supposed to stop him from making an ass of himself. He comes off as a spoiled rich kid. Maybe they screwed up rising him but he's in his 50's, like Sarah he's got to grow up.

Let's get back on topic....Beatrice's current events.

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie are seen leaving Mortons private
members club at 3am, 27th November 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Princess Beatrice of Britain poses for a photograph during the singles final between Switzerland's Roger Federer and Spain's Rafael Nadal, on the last day of the ATP World Tour Finals, at the O2, in south-east London on November 28, 2010.

ANP
Daylife

Last edited:
Ronnie Wood's a walking billboard as to why people shouldn't take drugs.:eek:

He looks like he's totally wasted in the pics too. That wig (it HAS to be a black wig) needs to be returned to the cat it was taken off of also.

Beatrice to me seems to be getting more and more attractive as she grows older.

I don't think she looks particularly tired - it's just that she has her eyes closed in one picture, and of course that is the one they have chosen to use.

I don't think she looks particularly tired - it's just that she has her eyes closed in one picture, and of course that is the one they have chosen to use.

Yep. If you can't catch them actually stumbling out of a nightclub drunk, print the pic that suggests they might have been the worse for the weather even though it's possible they were completely sober. :furious:

They do it every time, don't they? Pick the worst ones to try and prove their point...

Well I might be in the minority, but I think she looks tired in the picture that she doesn't have her eyes closed.
The reporters report what they see, Bea might have had her eyes closed when the picture was taken, it might not be the case that the photographer snapped the picture when she was blinking.

Princess Beatrice does look tired but that would only be natural leaving a night club, if she has made a late night of it how can she look fresh? A photo taken of a blink, it doesn´t look like it to me. A nice lie in the next day and she will be fine. She looks good with her new slender figure but I hope she doesn´t take this too far, now seems the right time to stop and maintain the nice figure she has now.

If you look back at my post, me personally I wasn't that serious about the
tiredness, but the article has made a story around it..

This evening, December 1st, Princess Beatrice attended The Dickensian Ball
held at Harrods, London.

** Pic ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom