Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 13: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know what the Bhopal Tragedy was either, so thanks everyone for the information.

But if I were invited to a charity event to help Bhopal, I would be curious about what the Bhopal disaster was and would look it up. Wouldn't most of us?

I looked it up as I had no clue about it even though I was well into adulthood when it happened.

I'm sure Beatrice, just as anyone going to a charity function for a cause would ask 'ok.. I'm not familiar with what "xxx" is.. fill me in?"

Thanks for posting the information on the disaster.

I wasn't familiar with the Bhopal tragedy either until Zonk's post (thank you!!!) but I'm sure Beatrice and Dave were properly informed and most likely did some research on their own. I doubt they'd show up to a charity event and not know what it is for. That's just asking for more negative press.

I remember when the Bhopal happened as it was at the beginning of an English cricket tour of India. That particular team arrived and with 24 hours or so Indira Gandhi was assassinated so they hurredly arranged a few games in Sri Lanka before returning to India in time for Bhopal - as one of them wrote in his book of the tour - "between our arrival and the first actual match over 50,000 Indians were killed. They were also there when the British High Commissioner (between Commonwealth countries the highest diplomatic post is called a High Commissioner not an Embassador) to India was assassinated - November 1984.

So within six weeks in India their PM was assassinated, the High Commissioner from Britain was assassinated and then the Bhopall tragedy occurred.

One thing the royal family does very well is brief its members on the issues surrounding the events they are involved in so I would expect that Beatrice was well informed about this event.

One little correction, it is not the royal family that does this well, it is their private secretaries and staff whose job it is to brief members of the family before such events. Whether they read them carefully so as to remember is another story, or even if they actually take in what they are reading, I remember Prince Harry and his "joke" in Australia after the devastating fire in Victoria.

Another link about Beatrice's crash, with a helpful picture of her driving a car in case we were confused!

Hello! Magazine

Going back to the Bhopal fundraiser, I would hope that she'd been a. briefed or b. gone on the internet to find out about what happened. I'm sure she's aware that she gets enough bad press without going to a charity event and having no idea about what it's for.

So she became sandwiched between two vehicles, there was no physical crash?
I thought it was rumoured that the bodyguards were being taken away?

Princess Beatrice in car crash horror as BMW smashed between bus and coach near Buckingham Palace | Mail Online

Daily Mail article points out that she still has a body guard. So have they been taken away or not? This was a scrape but driving in of itself is not so dangerous that she needs protection.

Young Bea appears not to be having much luck with her cars, is she? First she looses her car having left the keys in it, then she potentially writes it off in a crash. Is there a case for buying her an annual pass on the London Underground?

In all fairness Muriel, who is to say that this recent car incident is her fault?

From what the article says it is a pretty nasty round about, so it can't be assumed that it was necessarily her fault but the assumption will be made.

I first read about this incident in the Daily Mail and was saddened by the nasty comments about Princess Beatrice, a young woman who could have been very badly hurt in this accident. I can only assume that these posters had never been in an accident themselves and so don't know how traumatizing these things can be. Being "sandwiched" between two large vehicles must have been terrifying, and I hope that Beatrice will get "back in the saddle" soon.:flowers:

Last edited:
In all fairness Muriel, who is to say that this recent car incident is her fault?

Just to clarify, I did not say it was her fault, all I said was that she was not having much luck with her car.

From what the article says it is a pretty nasty round about, so it can't be assumed that it was necessarily her fault but the assumption will be made.

Its not a "nasty round about", its just a busy one. I use it often as it is close to my home, and whilst there are a lot of buses around, at most times, traffic is dense and does not move very fast around there.

Its not a "nasty round about", its just a busy one. I use it often as it is close to my home, and whilst there are a lot of buses around, at most times, traffic is dense and does not move very fast around there.

I was going by what the artcile said, "one of London’s most notorious roundabouts.", not stating it as first hand knowledge.

Just to clarify, I did not say it was her fault, all I said was that she was not having much luck with her car.

No worries Muriel.

Well, apparently Bea and Dave felt okay to go out last night.:flowers:
So not so serious, although I am sure she was shaking after the accident had occured. Stuck between two big vehicles...not so nice.

Honestly, I try not to read the Daily Mail comments any more. Some really nasty people.

Honestly, I try not to read the Daily Mail comments any more. Some really nasty people.

Tabloid journalists are also human beings, though it could be argued that some of them could be a slightly less evolved form!

So not so serious, although I am sure she was shaking after the accident had occured. .
I'd be shaking too were it me. Although that reminds me of what Bill Cosby said in "Bill Cosby: HImself"
"First you think it, then you do it."

I'd be shaken too, but it wasn't exactly a "horror" as the Mail put it out to be. To me, an accident horror is when a person is critically hurt or killed.

Princess Beatrice leaving Boujis club London, England - 14.10.10 - I guess
she celebrated her mother's birthday with her, but there are no other pics
so far, I'll move it in case it's been part of it.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

On the same topic, the Police are now in the process of withdrawing much of personnel from the "junior" royals.

^^^ I wonder why they would announce that? Why announce that the junior royals won't have as much security? Wouldn't that make the junior royals a target of something? I mean there are crazy people out there that would do anything

On the same topic, the Police are now in the process of withdrawing much of personnel from the "junior" royals.

Interesting Renata, would you happen to have a source for your info? I didn't see it in any papers that are online, but may have missed it.:flowers:

Interesting Renata, would you happen to have a source for your info? I didn't see it in any papers that are online, but may have missed it.:flowers:

It was rerported a couple of months ago in the DM, and other media that Beatrice and Eugenie were to lose police protection but obviously they haven't, at least not yet.

Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice stripped of police bodyguards - Times Online
Princesses to lose police protection - Female First
Beatrice and Eugenie to lose their 24-hour police protection | Mail Online

Oh, okay. I've read those articles and I thought there was new, recent information released.

I found her harder to understand than usual in this video. Perhaps that it was because of the background noise.:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom