The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Beatrice and Eugenie make first public appearance at Trooping the Colour parade since Fergie scandal | Mail Online

Beatrice and Eugenie were at Trooping the Colour. I'm just sticking this in Beatrice's thread.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
She has also lost quite a bit of weight, which makes her face look more strained.
Yes, i think that is also the reason for her look: her weight loss.

Sorry but i dislike the hats of Beatrice and Eugenie soooo much. I never liked this kind of hats.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think its the weight loss, just the stress. Beatrice has always seemed like a very sensitive lady to me and she has probably been very emotionally stressed recently.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Courtier

PB looks sad today and like she didn't want to be there at least that is my impression in the photos I've seen
Old 06-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Well, sometimes it shows. She looked rather pale, unhappy and as if she hadn't slept very well during the last days/weeks. I'm not surprised, might not have been the happiest times for her lately...
Old 06-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Gentry

I thought both York girls looked a little nervous today - it had to be hard to estimate what the reaction of the public (and possibly of some of the family members?) might be after their mother's scandal.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
I don't think its the weight loss, just the stress. Beatrice has always seemed like a very sensitive lady to me and she has probably been very emotionally stressed recently.
I agree with you. Beatrice always seemed like a very sensitive. Specially for her mother.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72 View Post

Sorry but i dislike the hats of Beatrice and Eugenie soooo much. I never liked this kind of hats.
I've been told that they are called "trifles". They can be very cute, though in this case, IMO, I think they miss the mark.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The hats are called fascinators most usually, and I do like some of the ones that Beatrice and Eugenie have worn.
They did look nervous on saturday, and that is understandable.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The hats are called fascinators most usually, and I do like some of the ones that Beatrice and Eugenie have worn.
They did look nervous on saturday, and that is understandable.
Fascinators. Thank you. There was one Zara wore that I liked. Lumut, do you have the history of fascinators, by chance? I simply LOVE hats though in America we don't wear them anymore.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Gentry

Both of the girls looked fairly nervous during the Trooping... but, I think that Bea looked completely miserable! How sad for both of them that they have to face the sins of their Mother in such a public way.

I agree that it is a terrible idea to have such a public notice of the end to the security for the Princesses. Making it public knowledge seems to just be asking for trouble.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

The rise of the fascinator - Times Online

Here's an article you might be keen on Russo! I don't mind the girls not having round the clock security, they don't need it. But for lordy's sake, don't announce it to everyone!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Aristocracy

it seems odd, in the TImes article, to say that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are 'minor' royals. They're 5th and 6th in line. Does't seem so minor to me.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Exactly, EllieCat. When Princess Alexandra and, later, The Princess Royal, fade from the scene, these "girls" will be the only Princesses who'll be of an age to do traditional royal work. If anything happened to Prince Charles, William, or Harry, their status would change significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
it seems odd, in the TImes article, to say that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are 'minor' royals. They're 5th and 6th in line. Does't seem so minor to me.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
The rise of the fascinator - Times Online

Here's an article you might be keen on Russo! I don't mind the girls not having round the clock security, they don't need it. But for lordy's sake, don't announce it to everyone!
Unfortunately, PJ, it won't load for me. Can you check the link?

Of COURSE they have to annouce it! It's the newspapers! Just like if Prince Harry goes back to Afghanistan they will announce that as well. Along with his latitude and longitude. . . .
Old 06-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Exactly, EllieCat. When Princess Alexandra and, later, The Princess Royal, fade from the scene, these "girls" will be the only Princesses who'll be of an age to do traditional royal work. If anything happened to Prince Charles, William, or Harry, their status would change significantly.

I am beginning to think that the girls won't be doing traditional royal work and will eventually give up the HRH and almost disappear from the scene and live private lives (except when Beatrice and maybe Eugenie are called upon to serve as Councillors of State)

The public keeps calling for a smaller royal family, Charles is said to support a smaller royal family and this is one way to create it - have this younger generation of royals have only two (or 4 once Wiliam and Harry marry) people to do the work currently being done by about 10 people.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I can understand them "fading away" not entirely, after both William and Harry have children old enough to complete royal duties.
But there is a lot for the royal family to do.

When Anne, Andrew and Edward are older and past fulfilling duties, somebody needs to take up the duties. Zara and Peter are out of the question.
With Charles tied up being King, William tied up being heir. Someone is going to have to help the boys and I can see Beatrice and Eugenie doing that.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, especially before William and Harry's children are of majority age and have finished their education.

Quote:
With Charles tied up being King, William tied up being heir. Someone is going to have to help the boys and I can see Beatrice and Eugenie doing that.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

The link is workin fine for me Russo. Try googling the rise of fascinators and it should come up. It will be interesting to see how these girls shape their future roles.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I can understand them "fading away" not entirely, after both William and Harry have children old enough to complete royal duties.
But there is a lot for the royal family to do.

When Anne, Andrew and Edward are older and past fulfilling duties, somebody needs to take up the duties. Zara and Peter are out of the question.

I would have said so too until recently but now I am beginning to think that the idea is that the royals do less and that only the monarch and his/her children and the children of the heir keep it going.

Tags
princess beatrice