The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Has the little dog been found yet?

Old 12-21-2008, 04:02 AM

The dog has no collar but is micro chipped? What is the micro chip, a tracking device?

Old 12-21-2008, 04:06 AM
Serene Highness

More like an identification device. Microchip ID
Old 12-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
More like an identification device. Microchip ID
I wonder if they thought about registration of the micro chip? Then any vet and animal welfare home can find out whom to contact if the dog is brought in.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

The placing of microchips here is the law, just as walking dogs on leashes is.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 20.12.2008

Bea and Eugenie went out for a special party last night

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princesses go retro: Beatrice and Eugenie embrace the Eighties look for fancy dress party
Old 12-21-2008, 10:50 AM

Gotta love the 80s. Bea's pink converse are cute.

Thanks for the microchip link, kimebear.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the photos, Ice, but these horrid 80s outifts need to go back in the closet. Not a flattering look for either girl.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Where are Trinny and Susana, quick!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
The placing of microchips here is the law, just as walking dogs on leashes is.
Seeing how much Portugese mongrels are brought to Germany in order to save them from being killed tells me a bit about how this law about walking dogs on leashed is being enforced.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

What Portuguese mongrels are you talking about? I have never heard about this. Perhaps it is some German eccentric (there are lots in the Algarve) decided to pick up stray dogs and take them back with her.
A Belgian Countess I knew managed to collect over 100 dogs and 40 horses and kept them all.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
What Portuguese mongrels are you talking about? I have never heard about this.
I'll PM you on this.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just hope that Princess Beatrice´s dog will turn up. My dog is always by my side but he has a chip and he is always on a leash but I see lots of people every day who do not take any notice of this law. There were lots of dangerous dogs on the street until it was announced that there would be a hefty fine to pay and now you never see them. I hope it didn´t mean destroying them but I feel much safer now for myself and my dog. In our country house I can never let my dog loose because a neighbour has a Rottweiler who roams and whenever he passes our gate he snarls, which I take as not a very good sign. LOL.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Courtier

Me, too, I keep my fingers crossed for Princess Beatrice. Missing a dog (or any other pet) is no nice thing to experience. Still I can understand it, if someone lets his /her quadruped run around without leash ... and honestly I do it, too. My little one has far more fun being without a leash and how could he play with other dogs while being on a leash? But I can understand your attitude towards a snarling Rottweiler (something that would concern me as well).
Old 12-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I was a 20-something during the 80s. I don't remember our taste being quite THAT bad! But I guess that's the point of fancy dress...I do have a pair of neon pink slouch socks still in my drawer that one of them could have borrowed. I wore them so little that they're still in perfect shape.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

There is also not nearly enough hair spray and gel in their hair. It should be at least 3 or 4 inches higher on the top.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Heir Apparent

True! Or else wigs in the shape of mullets. How I hated that style, and especially on women!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
There is also not nearly enough hair spray and gel in their hair. It should be at least 3 or 4 inches higher on the top.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Aristocracy

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Berkshire | Reward for princess's missing dog
Old 12-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I was a 20-something during the 80s. I don't remember our taste being quite THAT bad! But I guess that's the point of fancy dress...I do have a pair of neon pink slouch socks still in my drawer that one of them could have borrowed. I wore them so little that they're still in perfect shape.
It wasn't because we didn't dress like that. They are just playing at being in the 80's. There was a lot of leather coats with padded shoulders and rolled up sleeves. Whitney Houston used to rule what we wore (and she looked like a million bucks!) which was mostly the preppy stuff. Nobody at my school dressed like Madaonna-wanna be's though it was all over M-tv.
Couldn't the girls have gone into their mother's closet and pull a couple dresses out? I seem to remember Sarah being on the cutting edge of fashion in the 80's. . . or at least his this site:
Google Image Result for http://www.liketotally80s.com/images/86-prince-andrew&fergie-wed2b.jpg
Old 12-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I must admit that I liked the preppy look. Sarah had some really nice daywear. It seems to me that it was in the evenings that she made her big boo-boos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
It wasn't because we didn't dress like that. They are just playing at being in the 80's. There was a lot of leather coats with padded shoulders and rolled up sleeves. Whitney Houston used to rule what we wore (and she looked like a million bucks!) which was mostly the preppy stuff. Nobody at my school dressed like Madaonna-wanna be's though it was all over M-tv.
Couldn't the girls have gone into their mother's closet and pull a couple dresses out? I seem to remember Sarah being on the cutting edge of fashion in the 80's. . . or at least his this site:
Google Image Result for http://www.liketotally80s.com/images/86-prince-andrew&fergie-wed2b.jpg

Tags
princess beatrice