The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Royal Highness

She looks remarkably like Andrew, except for the hair of course.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
She looks remarkably like Andrew, except for the hair of course.
When I looks at pics of Beatrice, I see a young Queen Victoria

Old 12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Royal Highness

There are indeed times that she looks a great deal like Queen Victoria, I do agree but in these most recent photos I saw Andrew when I looked at her:
Fergie & Princess Beatrice Visiting Winter Wonderland - Pictures - Zimbio_
Fergie & Princess Beatrice Visiting Winter Wonderland - Pictures - Zimbio
Fergie & Princess Beatrice Visiting Winter Wonderland - Pictures - Zimbio

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

I agree, she looks just like her father. I also def. see alot of a young Queen Victoria there as well.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Commoner

Yeah, she looks like her father.
But isn't it kind of insulting to say she looks like Victoria? Wasn't she know for being ugly?
Old 12-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

The young Queen Victoria was not ugly but it is not unusual for a descendant to look like their ancestor is it? In my opinion Beatrice looks very much like Queen Victoria, whether you consider that ugly or not is up to you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder it is said.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Commoner

I don't really think Victoria was that ugly, its just always something I heard. She must have some really strong genes if it was able to pass to Bea. I also think Bea is cute and has great hair, but most of her pictures aren't flattering.

Anyways, I see you're from Portugal. My dad is from there and so is my mom's dad
Old 12-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well we will have to be friendly and agree that Bea has great hair, but she definitely is not that photogenic. The genes are definitely strong, see if you can get a look at a photo of Infanta Margarita of Spain, pure Queen Victoria.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 12.12.2008

Princess Beatrice returns to her top of the range BMW 123d (with
personalised registration plate) which was parked in St James Square
only 2 minutes walk from her royal residence in St James Palace.
Beatrice spent around 20 minutes shopping in Waterstones, Piccadilly,
before returning to the Palace. London, Britain - 12 Dec 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 12-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

I was shopping the other day at Topshop in Oxford Circus when I saw Princess Beatrice. It was so surreal...
Old 12-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
I was shopping the other day at Topshop in Oxford Circus when I saw Princess Beatrice. It was so surreal...
Did she look better in real life than in her photos?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Is this the downside of being a Princess that entitles her to behave the way she does? Did Mummy or Daddy pay for this?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Royal Highness

Ugh. While I respect that her parents have the right to buy for her whatever they want, this is not a good econonmy for a princess to be driving a vehicle such as that. Or is it? What do people, to see second line royalty like Bea party all night and then drive expensive cars or do they want to see some restraint at this time? I'm at a loss. On one hand, it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more economically savvy--on the other hand, maybe the BMW was compromise. She was looking at apartments to purchase before deciding to move into the Palace under the watchful eye of Granny. Maybe this was the incentive to not have complete and total freedom? If that is the case, I can't really blame Andrew or Sarah (or whoever bought the car--I don't know who has the read money in that family)--

Old 12-16-2008, 05:51 AM
Nobility

It's not a new car. She's had it for a couple of years I believe.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Ugh. While I respect that her parents have the right to buy for her whatever they want, this is not a good econonmy for a princess to be driving a vehicle such as that. Or is it? What do people, to see second line royalty like Bea party all night and then drive expensive cars or do they want to see some restraint at this time? I'm at a loss. On one hand, it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more economically savvy--on the other hand, maybe the BMW was compromise. She was looking at apartments to purchase before deciding to move into the Palace under the watchful eye of Granny. Maybe this was the incentive to not have complete and total freedom? If that is the case, I can't really blame Andrew or Sarah (or whoever bought the car--I don't know who has the read money in that family)--
As some of you may know, I have never been a fan of the Yorks in general, and Bea in particular. However, I have to say one thing in her defence: she drives a BMW 1 series, this is the smallest (and cheapest) of the BMWs available and only costs about 20,000 - it may seem like a lot of money, but this is what a top of the range VW Golf or a Mini costs here. The BMW 1 series is very popular, and actually, is often drivenm by estate agents. Its really not seen by most Londoners as a "luxury" car. The Audi equivalent is the A3, which Prince Harry and Kate Middleton drive. So on balance, I do not think this is a point to criticise Bea for
Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Bea's dog is missing...

Queen searches Windsor Great Park for Princess Beatrice's missing dog
Old 12-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
This is terrible. I hope Max turns up. As a serious pet-lover w dogs of my own I can understand the heartbreak of la lost pet. Maybe he just wandered off and someone found him and is taking care of him. I don't quite understand, tho, why he wasn't wearing his collar. And I thought microchips were implanted in the animal, not a collar, for reasons such as this. I hope no harm has come to him.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

If you read what was said it says he has a chip but was not wearing a collar. I hope that she finds him, it is heartbreaking when a pet disappears.
My dog has a chip and always wears a collar but if Max ran away perhaps he slipped out of his collar, with luck someone has him and is looking for his owner.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Here's the flyer for the missing dog - a really cute one:

----> Flyer
Old 12-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Aristocracy

Well I think Bea is actually really pretty - in pictures and real life, so about the same :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Did she look better in real life than in her photos?

Tags
princess beatrice